• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Video op-ed: Suckers for Civility

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism

Summary: turning the other cheek just lets Republicans know they can hit you and you won't hit them back. Republican complaints about civility simply invites them to be even more uncivil.

My addition: Neville Chamberlain's appeasement of Hitler did not bring about peace.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was no way Obama could have used a recess appointment to the supremes. Basically all that it would take for republicans to block that is to not go to recess.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was no way Obama could have used a recess appointment to the supremes. Basically all that it would take for republicans to block that is to not go to recess.

What the Democrats should have done is what Republicans would have done in their shoes: go to the press and savage the other side every day until they look worse and worse.

Even if you don't get them to relent, you can make gains in the next election.

But getting those gains in the next election required raising a huge stink about it while it happened, and they just didn't do that.

Back
Top Bottom