• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Weed so good, it can bend the space-time continuum ...

Derec

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
... and allow you to listen to Tupac and Snoop Dogg in the mid-80s.

In new interview, Kamala Harris admits to smoking weed; clarifies her stance on legalizing marijuana

Now I happen to agree with her on legalization, but her messing up the timeline is still funny. #TupacGate #SnoopGhazi
It's almost like she didn't want to admit what music she was really into in college, because rap gives you more street cred or something.

Also, wasn't she against weed before she was for it?

1im3.gif

It's too bad for your argument that she was actually answering DJ Envy's question "Who do you listen to?", followed by his suggestion "Snoop?", and not discussing Charlamagne's joke about how he wanted to know who she listened to in college. I know some people want to pretend that she's lying, but this is just a weak attempt.

Oh my.

The crime of the century.

Compared to Trump using Russians to help win an election this is serious stuff.

Forgetting exactly what music you listened to while smoking marijuana over 30 years ago.

It's too bad for your argument that she was actually answering DJ Envy's question "Who do you listen to?", followed by his suggestion "Snoop?",
The suggestion "Snoop" was in reference to "What song was on" though. Note the tense.
and not discussing Charlamagne's joke about how he wanted to know who she listened to in college.
Ok, this is the video.

Starting at 38min mark. I do not know who these cats are, so I will identify them by the color of their headgear, lest I mix them up.
Red: What do you listen to? I know you have to go, so what does Kamala Harris listen to.
Black: What did you listen to when you was[sic] high?
KH: (laughs)
Black: What was on? What song was playing?
KH: Oh my goodness.
Red (presumably, not in frame): Was it Snoop?
KH: Oh yeah, definitely Snoop, aha, Tupac, for sure, for sure.
Red (presumably): Who do you listen to now? What's your favorite hip-hop artist now?
KH: You know who I really love? Cardi B.
Not until the bolded does Red return to his original question.
It is obvious that Kamala was answering Black's question about what she was listening to when she was high.
So I do not buy the apologetics.

I know some people want to pretend that she's lying, but this is just a weak attempt.
I would not go as far as calling it lying, as I do not think it was deliberate, but it definitely is a gaffe.

P.S.: Is Black a Muslim or something because he attacked Kamala for eating pork?

Oh my.
The crime of the century.
Compared to Trump using Russians to help win an election this is serious stuff.
Forgetting exactly what music you listened to while smoking marijuana over 30 years ago.

Who said it was "crime of the century"? But it is most certainly a gaffe. Like Joe Biden is prone to. Or Sarah Palin with "all of them". The bit about present day rappers, Cardi B or whomever, sounded like this gif to me:
tenor.gif

I liked the food segment though.:)

The suggestion "Snoop" was in reference to "What song was on" though. Note the tense.

Ok, this is the video.

Starting at 38min mark. I do not know who these cats are, so I will identify them by the color of their headgear, lest I mix them up.
Red: What do you listen to? I know you have to go, so what does Kamala Harris listen to.
Red (presumably): Who do you listen to now? What's your favorite hip-hop artist now?
Not until the bolded does Red return to his original question.
It is obvious that Kamala was answering Black's question about what she was listening to when she was high.
So I do not buy the apologetics.

I know some people want to pretend that she's lying, but this is just a weak attempt.
I would not go as far as calling it lying, as I do not think it was deliberate, but it definitely is a gaffe.

P.S.: Is Black a Muslim or something because he attacked Kamala for eating pork?

What gaffe?

You're suggesting she didn't listen to Tupac and Snoop when she was high, but how would you know?

What gaffe?

You're suggesting she didn't listen to Tupac and Snoop when she was high, but how would you know?

If she did, and is not a time traveler (in which case she might change her slogan to "we can Master the future"), she would have done so while already working for the DA's office and prosecuting people for weed. So it's either a gaffe or another instance of hypocrisy.

Much ado about nothing.

Co-host DJ Envy asked the Senator, “What does Kamala Harris listen to?”

“What was you listening to when you was high? What was on? What song was playing?” Charlamagne Tha God added.

“Was it Snoop?” DJ Envy interjected.

“Oh yeah, definitely, Snoop. Uh huh, Tupac. For sure, for sure,” Harris said.

So, if Harris answered DJ Envy’s question, there’s literally no story. Zip. Nada. However, people love their bad-faith attacks these days, even over something as small as what music someone purportedly listened to while high. People on the internet assumed that Harris was answering Charlamagne’s question, and quickly realized that in this case, the timelines don’t quite match up.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2019/02/kamala-harris-weed-snoop-and-tupac-discrepancy.html

So this little kerfluffle is all about who Harris was speaking to when she answered one of two questions posed back-to-back during an interview. It takes a stretch to suppose she wasn't answering DJ Envy’s question, since it's good manners to answer the first question first and the answer makes sense, but it's a stretch the Harris-haters are willing to make.

Last edited:
[So this little kerfluffle is all about who Harris was speaking to when she answered one of two questions posed back-to-back during an interview. It takes a stretch to suppose she wasn't answering DJ Envy’s question, since it's good manners to answer the first question first and the answer makes sense, but it's a stretch the Harris-haters are willing to make.

It's especially a stretch when she turns to Charmalagne to laugh, and then turns back to Envy when she answers, particularly when she spends the entire interview looking directly at the person who she is discussing something with.

And I'm not the only person to say this - here's the Breakfast Club, including Charmalagne and DJ Envy, who you recognize as "the people that conducted the interview in question", discussing this in a video titled "Meghan McCain, Fox News Try To Smear Kamala Harris' Breakfast Club Quotes" and calling them, and Breitbart, "Donkey of the Day".

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tshf9xeV6Xw[/YOUTUBE]

Basically, this is being pushed by conservatives, black misogynists, and Sanders fans to say "Look, she's so inauthentic, she's pandering. They did the exact same thing with Hillary Clinton when she said she always carried hot sauce with her. People tried to say "Oh, she's copying the new Beyonce song" and ignored three decades of interviews in which she and others discussed her obsession with hot sauces.

If you don't like Harris' policies, then criticize those. But these outlets are just flat-out lying about what happened.

Co-host DJ Envy asked the Senator, “What does Kamala Harris listen to?”

“What was you listening to when you was high? What was on? What song was playing?” Charlamagne Tha God added.

“Was it Snoop?” DJ Envy interjected.

“Oh yeah, definitely, Snoop. Uh huh, Tupac. For sure, for sure,” Harris said.

So, if Harris answered DJ Envy’s question, there’s literally no story. Zip. Nada. However, people love their bad-faith attacks these days, even over something as small as what music someone purportedly listened to while high. People on the internet assumed that Harris was answering Charlamagne’s question, and quickly realized that in this case, the timelines don’t quite match up.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2019/02/kamala-harris-weed-snoop-and-tupac-discrepancy.html

So this little kerfluffle is all about who Harris was speaking to when she answered one of two questions posed back-to-back during an interview. It takes a stretch to suppose she wasn't answering DJ Envy’s question, since it's good manners to answer the first question first and the answer makes sense, but it's a stretch the Harris-haters are willing to make.

The truly funny part is, as a woman that attended an HBCU in the early-mid 1980s, specifically Howard, which makes NYC a natural weekend getaway, she's exactly the right age, location, and environment to have been among the first people to really love rap music. And I know this, because I was roughly 9 and living in Boston at the time, so I know damn well that we got our rap from folks in their 20s who went to NYC to find rappers, and DJ Magnus would play rap on MIT radio, and this is also when Keith Elam aka the rapper Guru moved to NYC to start his own career, and I remember this because we went to the same church.

So when people say "she's just trying to sound cool, there's no way she really likes hip hop", they don't know what they're talking about. Or, they're lying. And this is important, because it shows that conservative outlets are working to smear democrats already, and some supposed liberals are joining in.

Why are you so obsessed with black people?

Don't be shallow. Derec is obsessed with black people, moozlims and how women have it easy and the real victim is straight white men. If you don't believe me, find a thread he has created that doesn't address these issues. You need to relax; you're not going to change his mind.

I am not obsessed with "black people". Kamala is the current front-runner for the nomination though.

You claimed she was deliberately lying because she is black and somehow you think she needs "street cred" and she will lie if she has to to get it.

Hard to find more ignorant and racist ideas.

Don't be shallow. Derec is obsessed with black people, moozlims and how women have it easy and the real victim is straight white men. If you don't believe me, find a thread he has created that doesn't address these issues. You need to relax; you're not going to change his mind.

Yup - but it's really fun to point it out in every thread he starts. :devil2:

Since more than half of the citizens in the US currently want weed to be legalized on a national level, I doubt this will hurt Kamala. She's not my first choice, but I don't see this as a problem. Obama admitted that he smoked weed and inhaled, and it didn't hurt him. So, I can't see how this will hurt Kamala either.

The truly funny part is, as a woman that attended an HBCU in the early-mid 1980s, specifically Howard, which makes NYC a natural weekend getaway, she's exactly the right age, location, and environment to have been among the first people to really love rap music.
But that's East Coast. Tupac and Snoop were West Coast.

So when people say "she's just trying to sound cool, there's no way she really likes hip hop", they don't know what they're talking about. Or, they're lying. And this is important, because it shows that conservative outlets are working to smear democrats already, and some supposed liberals are joining in.

I am not saying she was/is not into hip hop. Nor do I think it's a big issue. Note the tongue in cheek wording of my title.
But it was definitely a gaffe. Not a big deal, but this insistence on apologetics is ridiculous I think.

You claimed she was deliberately lying
I did not. I called it a gaffe.
because she is black
Blackish really.
and somehow you think she needs "street cred" and she will lie if she has to to get it.
I do not think she deliberately lied. But she definitely got her decades mixed up here.

Hard to find more ignorant and racist ideas.
It's very easy actually. Just browse through untermensche's post history. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yup - but it's really fun to point it out in every thread he starts. :devil2:
It's really ignorant rather than fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Since more than half of the citizens in the US currently want weed to be legalized on a national level, I doubt this will hurt Kamala. She's not my first choice, but I don't see this as a problem. Obama admitted that he smoked weed and inhaled, and it didn't hurt him. So, I can't see how this will hurt Kamala either.

The only way I can see it hurting her is that she prosecuted people for possession while ADA. I.e. it could hurt her in the primaries from the other side.

I took the trouble of transcribing that part of the video. Here it is again.

Red (DJ Envy?) asks his initial question. Black (Charlemagne?) interjects with his. At this point Red (Envy?) asks "was it Snoop?", in direct reference to Black's "what song was playing [when Kamala was high]. I.e. even Red himself switches gears. When she answers, he restates his question about who she is listening now and she answered that question with a more contemporary reference, Cardi B.

In the grand scheme of things, it is not a big deal, but let's not pretend she did not make a gaffe.

Back
Top Bottom