• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Weed so good, it can bend the space-time continuum ...

It's especially a stretch when she turns to Charmalagne to laugh, and then turns back to Envy when she answers, particularly when she spends the entire interview looking directly at the person who she is discussing something with.
But even Envy switches gears and asks "was it Snoop?" in reference to Char's interjection. Then he restates his original question and she answers with a more contemporary reference. It is quite a stretch to think that she wasn't answering Char's question when she said Snoop and Tupac.

And I'm not the only person to say this - here's the Breakfast Club, including Charmalagne and DJ Envy, who you recognize as "the people that conducted the interview in question", discussing this in a video titled "Meghan McCain, Fox News Try To Smear Kamala Harris' Breakfast Club Quotes" and calling them, and Breitbart, "Donkey of the Day".
They can say it, and they would be doing the same useless (as a gaffe is not really a big deal) apologetics, but the original video is quite clear.

Basically, this is being pushed by conservatives, black misogynists, and Sanders fans to say "Look, she's so inauthentic, she's pandering.
I am neither. Nor am I saying she is inauthentic, but if we can point out white male politicians' gaffes, why should gaffes by female blackish politicians be out of bounds?

They did the exact same thing with Hillary Clinton when she said she always carried hot sauce with her.
Now THAT was pandering. Just like her blaccent.

People tried to say "Oh, she's copying the new Beyonce song" and ignored three decades of interviews in which she and others discussed her obsession with hot sauces.
I wonder if Hillary ever took Bill to Red Lobster as well. :)

If you don't like Harris' policies, then criticize those. But these outlets are just flat-out lying about what happened.
I like some of them, dislike others. Like with any other politician.
But I can still point out obvious gaffes without being accused of lying. I think BC hosts are lying btw. They all know she either mixed up her musical decades or inadvertently admitted she smoked weed after college and law school.

By the way, her dad is none too pleased about that interview either.
Kamala Harris’ father rips her comments on weed
He thinks she was stereotyping Jamaicans as potheads.

Back
Top Bottom