• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Well Aware!

connick

Basic Beliefs
Empirical Atheist
Hi there folks,

I'm sure at least a few of you have come across www.wellaware1.com in your internet travels. If not, the main idea is that this guy believes world events depicted in the media are all acted out by familiar individuals/celebrities. What do you all make of this guy's motives? Does he strike you as just dumb/gullible or do you think there might be something more going on?

I've heard of mental disorders where people view others as impostors so I was doing a little light research into  Delusional misidentification syndromes. Both the  Capgras delusion and the  Fregoli delusion capture the general nature of this fellow's misidentification of individuals but, neither hits the nail on the head. I'm sure there is a great variety of delusions that fall under these two categories but, I wonder if anyone here has any personal or professional experience with this type of thing.

Are there any other hallmarks associated with the above disorders that we might look for on his webpage or public Facebook page?

On the other hand, if we assume he just has a penchant for conspiracy theories does anyone know of any pioneers into his methods of identification (e.g. ear shape analysis)? We could credit him with discovering a new form of idiocy but, I have a suspicion that if his brain isn't badly broken that he was inspired by a charlatan or someone who was indeed delusional.

Your thoughts?

Scary stuff.

My thoughts are that if his general hypothesis is true, then the actors portraying various world leaders would not be starring in Hollywood movies! They would be another set of actors, not the ones constantly appearing in the tabloids.

As for his mental problem, I would guess he's just gullible and stubborn. If Jonathan Pryce and Pope Francis both showed up at his doorstep to prove they weren't the same person, would he be able to tell them apart?

Back
Top Bottom