• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What an idiot!

Get up every morning, find something some black guy did to be outraged over, come running here to tell us. Sounds richly rewarding, as a hobby. Me, I play guitar and paint.

Are these real people? I know I'm a loser with no life but I'm definitely not here all day every day like these people. I do have a job and shit to do like the 4 hours I spent surfing this morning and the yard work I am heading out to do in a few minutes. What is the point of these people that are here every day posting the same shit all the time to an audience of about 4 other people; most of whom are just like them? Has to be bots or Incel shut-ins. Or I do know a guy that camped out on our local surfing forum spamming it with all things Breitbart. Thought he was a bot. Turns out he was an old man dying of cancer that thought he was bringing the truth and the light to heathen surfers. So he spent his dying days spamming a surfing forum with Breitbart bullshit. Sad.

BS, LoAmmo!
1. He is not "some black guy", he is on the city council here and is running for mayor.
2. I am not "running here ... every morning". I start threads relatively rarely and even posting replies to threads in not an everyday thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or that he thinks that putting these kids in juvenile detention isn't going to lead to anything but a life of crime.
I think it's the opposite. If they get away with stealing a car with no consequences, that will encourage them to do it again and possibly escalate to things like carjackings.
Note that consequences do not have to start at detention. How about community service? Let the little twerps pick up trash for a fortnight.

There seems to be many people that like punishing. Punishment for its own sake doesn't provide a value to society. The goal is to get these kids to never do this again. This stuff is more complicated than simply arrest, charge, detain, justice.
It's also more complex than excusing their behavior with "generational poverty" and claiming that if there was more "youth programs" then there'd be no juvenile criminals.

My main point, though, is that your conclusion is based on a premise of that he is "letting this go," but instead and in reality he is not letting it go, but instead has a different opinion of how to handle it than you have.
My opinion is not only based what he is saying here, excusing their behavior saying they "had no choice" because of "generational poverty" and similar nonsense, but also on his previous statements about defunding police.

Here is additional evidence that placing youth in diversionary programs is not equivalent to "letting this go:"
What exactly would those diversionary programs entail? I think at the very least these car thieves should be sentenced to some community service. There has to be some consequences for their actions. The way I understood Brown, he wants some unspecified "programs" but these programs as he envisions them do not seem to have any punitive element to them. I think grand theft auto is a serious crime that should not be dismissed lightly, even if the perps are 12 or 13.

Do you think you can just simply concede that from his perspective based on at least some evidence in his mind, he is not letting this go?
He wants to defund police and does not think juvenile car thieves have a choice not to steal cars - that shows that he is an idiot already. I wonder if he also wants a "diversionary program" for his federal fraud charges. :)

Read the article. He didn't leave the fob in the car. He had it with him, but was near enough to the car for the keyless start to still work.

Actually the article is not specific on that. It says that Brown was close to the car, but it says nothing about where the fob was. If the fob was on Brown, should the car not have shut itself off when outside transmitting range of the fob?

Maybe that's why the thieves got some distance in Brown's car, the silly goose was close enough to his car with the key fob to allow the car to be driven and when Brown let go, the car made it a block down the road before the engine cut out.

The article says police found the car several hours later. So it is very unlikely the engine shut off after only a block.

As usual, you are wrong on all counts.
- it was not an email, but local news. The idiot is a candidate for Atlanta mayor. That's why he was pressing flesh in the Dixie Hills in the first place.
- It's not "misinformation" as it really happened.
- It very much has a connection to the real world.

Does it ever get tiring to be so wrong about everything?

Last edited by a moderator:
If the law-and-order, 'get tough', 'war on crime' Republicans had put some funding into jobs and education programs, rather than militarizing the police, perhaps the car wouldn't have been stolen.
First of all, US police is not "militarized" in any meaningful sense of the word. Second, you need police to investigate crimes (like grand theft auto) and enforce the law, and no matter of "youth programs" will change that.
Furthermore, these twerps are too young for jobs. They should have been in school. If they are cutting school to steal cars, what makes you think they are likely to hold jobs when older?

Don't the stats show that the most effective crime deterrence involves social programs like jobs, affordable housing and education, rather than increased policing?

[citation needed]
Besides, it's not like US economy is devoid of jobs and public K-12 education is free anyway.

Sure, but that does little to increase the hatred and fear that drives conservotards to the polls. To quote a famous American philosopher,
"Gentlemen, we have to protect our phony baloney jobs!"

This quote fits politician Antonio Brown well, and I guess his constituency is criminals and others who hate the police.

Or that he thinks that putting these kids in juvenile detention isn't going to lead to anything but a life of crime.
I think it's the opposite. If they get away with stealing a car with no consequences, that will encourage them to do it again and possibly escalate to things like carjackings.
Note that consequences do not have to start at detention. How about community service? Let the little twerps pick up trash for a fortnight.

There seems to be many people that like punishing. Punishment for its own sake doesn't provide a value to society. The goal is to get these kids to never do this again. This stuff is more complicated than simply arrest, charge, detain, justice.
It's also more complex than excusing their behavior with "generational poverty" and claiming that if there was more "youth programs" then there'd be no juvenile criminals.

At least you now concede it is complicated.

I briefly skimmed this thread. The next-to-last sentence caught my eye.

Did someone claim that more youth programs (whether in quote marks or not) would reduce juvenile criminality to ZERO? Or was it a weaker claim, that the programs would reduce crime to some unspecified lower level? I'll guess the latter.

It may seem like nitpicking, but "reduce" and "reduce to zero" are not synonyms. When I see obvious "exaggerations" like this — (see? I can use quote marks too!) — I lose interest in treating the exaggerator seriously. I won't guess whether Derec doesn't grasp the difference or is just trying to emulate better propagandists, but it's a pattern we see too much of from the right-wing. If anyone wants to raise taxes on the rich, they are trying to "confiscate ALL the billionaires' wealth." If someone thinks incarceration levels are too high they want to "set ALL violent criminals free." This tiresome nonsense does seem to work rather well with tens of millions of low-IQ Americans, but it is out-of-place at this message-board.

My heart-felt apologies to Derec if someone actually made the claim that "youth programs" would reduce juvenile crime to zero.

Considering the recidivism rates from the US penal system, it's pretty obvious the stick isn't solving our crime problem.

Considering the recidivism rates from the US penal system, it's pretty obvious the stick isn't solving our crime problem.
As I said, some people just like to punish people. They don't actually care about trying to help or reduce future crime, if possible. They are in it for the punishment. They like to dehumanize these kids or teens, call them twerps or thugs, and then punish! I also think it funny that people will call to community service (which I do support), but would never consider contributing to that themselves.

What the fuck do you think a diversionary program is? Community service is a huge part of it.

As I said, some people just like to punish people. They don't actually care about trying to help or reduce future crime, if possible. They are in it for the punishment. They like to dehumanize these kids or teens, call them twerps or thugs, and then punish! I also think it funny that people will call to community service (which I do support), but would never consider contributing to that themselves.

Poor people are victimized more than any other group. When you simply give a pat on the wrist to perpetuators, you increase the victimization of the poor even more.

Back
Top Bottom