• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What could be the use of Modern Logic?

Damn. That's what I get for using my memory and being a child of more than one discipline while not verifying my facts. I was thinking of  Edward Yourdon,  Larry Constantine of structured design and statisticians  Amos Tversky and  Daniel Kahneman re: v&v when I wrote Cosmidis of Tooby and Cosmides of evolution of mind theory fame.

They all came down on the side of noting the impossibility of exhaustive V&V, the tendency for humans to error in bevity of method, and the power of structured design.

So, have you read your Yourdon and Constantine Speakpigeon dear? I'm sure my previous post makes perfect sense when those two and the two methodological psychologists are referred.

Oh, and as I wrote before I'm not a young person.

I'm sure I could piece it together given enough time and patience but my time comes in short supply and maybe I'm not terribly patient. It's up to you to see how much you want to be understood and by whom.

Me, I would say... you don't seem to care that much. Still, you're in good company with UM and a few others.

And, sure, we all have our problems.

I still love you. :love:
EB

...and there's the thanks Speakpigeon I get for doing what you just suggested. At least you got that. So maybe you have more patience than you acknowledge.

FDI

Back
Top Bottom