• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What precedent will prosecuting a former president set?

Er, are we being humorous? Because that is definitely photoshop….
Well, THAT resemblance is, but... the rest of the resemblance is not so funny.
I think the main diff is that the Rosenberg guy was an ideologue. I don't think he even charged for the information he passed.

Well, THAT resemblance is, but... the rest of the resemblance is not so funny.
I think the main diff is that the Rosenberg guy was an ideologue. I don't think he even charged for the information he passed.

That happened before I was even born. So I'm not sure.

But I don't even think that there was solid evidence that they actually did pass on secrets. They had Russian connections and had Top Secret weapon materials without authorization. That was enough to convict on a capital crime.
Tom

If Trump ever does go to trial, gets convicted, and sent to prison, the radical right hordes will start violent riots nation wide.
And?
Imagine BLM style protests, only a lot more heavy weapons.
Tom
So, a real reason for police to open fire on the "protestors", or more accurately "violent insurgent terrorists staging a coup".
Ok I’m imagining BLM-style protests with guns. What next, assuming no counter-protesters show up?
(I assume that the answer is simple if counter protesters do show up - they get shot by the shooty shooters).

Do they just start shooting willy nilly if no self-identified lib’ruls show up?
What if they start shooty shooting fbi facilities? Is the FBI going to play fun and nice like the Capitol police? I kinda doubt it.
The news should be entertaining.

I think Trump should be held responsible for his criminal actions no matter what the potential consequences. At this point, based on everything we know about his conduct as President, and the time following his departure from the WH, most reasonable, unbiased people would agree that there exists probable cause to charge him with multiple crimes, including sedition and conspiracy to commit treason. We cannot stay justice and bow down before the mob just because the act of pursuing justice might cause violent riots and widespread unrest in certain parts of the country. We have deferred action for too long already, and need to deal with the problem head on, if only to serve notice to other corrupt politicians who may be emboldened by Trump's actions to try something similar in the future.

Back
Top Bottom