• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What should USA do?

laruan

Basic Beliefs
normalist
What should Israel do?
What should USA do? Shut up would be a good idea why -because .

http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/foreign-correspondent/NC1402H017S00#playing

Last night on ABC TV Australia there was a disturbing show on war victims in Laos it can be seen at the above website.

From 1964 to 1973, the U.S. dropped more than two million tons of ordnance on Laos during 580,000 bombing missions—equal to a planeload of bombs every 8 minutes, 24-hours a day, for 9 years – making Laos the most heavily bombed country per capita in history; just so American servicemen could sit in Asian bars a put shit on commy rats.
The bombings were part of the U.S. War in Asia to support their favourite Governments against the commy rats of the world.
Up to a third of the bombs dropped did not explode, leaving Laos contaminated with vast quantities of unexploded ordnance (UXO). Over 20,000 people have been killed or injured by UXO in Laos since the bombing ceased.
The wounds of war are not only felt in Laos; similar things occurred in Cambodia and Vietnam. I am not sure if there is a record of the actual tonnage of bombs dropped during the Asian conflict and exactly how many people have been killed and disabled by unexploded cluster bombs and other unexploded ordinance. Unexploded ordinance; that’s a fine non evocative epithet that sounds a bit like grandmas Sunday roast but it hides a hideous series of events and statistics eg
Confirmed Casualties: 1973 – 2006
Grand Total 4,813 Injured 2,165 ..Killed 2,521 .Unknown Status 127.Man 2,257 Woman 470 .Boy 1,654 ..Girl 275 .Military0..Deminer 0..Unknown 157
Dominant Livelihood (2,674), .Tampering Activities (809),
playing with ERW (571).Dominant Livelihood areas (2,761),.

My question today is why does the US think this did not happen , they have never acknowledged what they did to these people ,millions of people affected many hundreds of thousands killed , many maimed ; but they still feel they have the moral authority to criticise Arabs for killing three teenagers and bombing civilian targets without causing deaths ( not too sure why they don’t ) and retaliating against their perceived wrongs in a barbaric manner .Where in the hell do the yanks get they get their moral compasses .

The show mentioned above shows a farmer, both hands blown off , blind , unable to support his family , cannot function , from a weapon of war dropped 40 years ago , and no one cares.

SO all the Americano correspondents calling Arabs arseholes and terrorists ( which they may or not be ) – should shove their opinions up their jumpers until such time as their government bites the bullet and compensates victims and cleans up the mess made by their army & airforce in Asia ,
Do they really think that bombing a country every 8 minutes is not terrorising to women and children . And not too many males would have enjoyed the experience.

As for the ramblings by alleged students of politics in the trying to lay blame on so called liberal administrations for all their ills ; none of your governments are liberal minded and none have had the wherewithal to compensate or assist any of the ASIAN war victims.
And your Right wing administrations; they just think that anyone who walks or talks like a commy rat should be shot and killed like a commy rat.

GOD SAVE the world from America.

A good friend died last week.He did time in Vietnam.His stories were horrible.
American imperialism.1898? Cuba.Remember The Maine .Hearst.Manifest destiny.Communist , domino effect.and on and on.

My question today is why does the US think this did not happen , they have never acknowledged what they did to these people ,millions of people affected many hundreds of thousands killed , many maimed ; but they still feel they have the moral authority to criticize...
First off: bugger off, we know damn well what happened in Laos. We acknowledge what happened and our role in it. We live and work among Laotian and Hmong people many who were there and we strive to keep the memories alive. When a Laotian general died, it made the national news. So to your question: no, we know exactly what happened; we don't sugar coat it or make excuses.

Secondly, this is a thinly veiled Israel/Arab thread. Nice try, but I am not biting.

[
Secondly, this is a thinly veiled Israel/Arab thread. Nice try, but I am not biting.

How is it thinly veiled? He mentioned Israel in the first sentence and then tied it into a discussion of the USA in the next sentence. Doesn't that count as "unveiled"?

The comparison with Israel/Pakistan is an interesting one, since you brought it up. For decades I haven't been able to go more than a few days without somebody mentioning Israel and Pakistan. I had never even heard of Laos until about a year ago, when I met a really hot Asian girl with a unique look and asked where she was from.

PS - Your link in the OP doesn't work outside of Australia

Amen. The country causes more problems than it solves

What we really need is some deranged autocratic dictator to overrun Europe while the USA is in a cyclical isolationist phase. When the forces of the democratic governments are standing on the French side of the English Channel(known in France as Chanel le Francois), the US will put it's underutilized industry to work, building tanks and planes. Then, we'll reinstitute the draft and send a couple million men to Europe to sort things out.

This is all dependent on whether or not we get attacked by some Asian power. In that case, we'll have to consider a war on two fronts, but it shouldn't distract us from Europe. Of course, it might be easier to just take care of our little Pacific problem first.

[

How is it thinly veiled? He mentioned Israel in the first sentence and then tied it into a discussion of the USA in the next sentence. Doesn't that count as "unveiled"?
I skipped over the link to get to the paragraph. BAD SQUIRREL.

Back
Top Bottom