• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What the fuck Ferguson?

The gross mismanagement of their fine collection system contributed to the problem, but at it's heart this was clearly a problem that started at thge top, with the city council. and manager. This is likely why so many workers found it acceptable to send around openly racist emails on their work accounts - something only an absolute fool would do in any ordinary circumstance.

There are racists in any large group of people. Thus showing that there were some racists is on the level of water-is-wet. It's not evidence the system was racist.

I have never disagreed with mismanaged.

The gross mismanagement of their fine collection system contributed to the problem, but at it's heart this was clearly a problem that started at thge top, with the city council. and manager. This is likely why so many workers found it acceptable to send around openly racist emails on their work accounts - something only an absolute fool would do in any ordinary circumstance.

There are racists in any large group of people. Thus showing that there were some racists is on the level of water-is-wet. It's not evidence the system was racist.

...but that's not what he wrote. what he wrote was that these things happening in the office shows there was a culture in the office that supported it.

No one would ever be openly racist in the office where I work. If someone was telling or emailing racist jokes, they'd be a pariah, get a warning and spoken to by H.R..

...but that's not what he wrote. what he wrote was that these things happening in the office shows there was a culture in the office that supported it.

No one would ever be openly racist in the office where I work. If someone was telling or emailing racist jokes, they'd be a pariah, get a warning and spoken to by H.R..

Depends on who they told them to. Tell them to others you know to be racist and there wouldn't be an issue because you wouldn't get caught unless someone went and checked the e-mails.

Depends on who they told them to. Tell them to others you know to be racist and there wouldn't be an issue because you wouldn't get caught unless someone went and checked the e-mails.

...yes, and as a logical consequence you have at a minimum a subculture of racism....and depending on how it got handled or ignored, it may turn out to be the predominant culture of racism. How did it get handled or ignored? Did you read the DOJ report to find out?

What I'd like to know is, how many other small-town governments in the US are run in this awful, openly whiter supremacist manner? Obviously, racial bias should be eliminated from all such groups - but I don' think that this would be easy in any case - much less when we get a white supremacist like Jumping Jeff Sessions in charge of the DoJ.

Back
Top Bottom