• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What was the best decade for music?

Best decade for music?

• Total voters
1977 - 1987

The start of punk rock and new wave kicks off a decade that ends with the Cure's Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me and the 'mats Pleased to Meet Me.

I'm way too ignorant of history of music to even bother a guess. I'm about as well versed in late 18th century music as I am contemporary pop music. If we only go back to the 50's, I'd say that I still don't have a fucking clue. Rock and Roll was a huge transition. It was so outside the lines it was forbidden by circles in our society. It was a temptation of Satan. Still outlawed in the more backwards areas of the world.

Granted, the Charleston was also controversial and new things always get a bad name because things weren't like this in my day. Music always builds on its past, and I remember seeing a movie from the late 70s about people taking over a Music Station because corporations ruined music.

And now a question for the peanut gallery, did the movie Dragnet cause Gangsta Rap to exist? When Ankroid and Hanks are rapping in the credits, did artists like Ice-T decide to take rap back?

Back
Top Bottom