• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

When "free speech advocates" don't give a fuck about free speech being suppressed...

I know even less than that. I don't even know who Dominic Perrottet is.

Threadmancy ahoy! Also, welcome back Metaphor; I've missed you babe. Also, yes - this thread was created as an attempt to point out how quickly you are able to point out apparent attacks on free speech, but when a politician uses a goon squad to suppress an idiot closer to where you live you are quite silent. Now that all the baggage is away here's an update:

John Barilaro's lawyer for this defamation case is/was/whothefuckknowsnow a woman named Sue Chrysanthou. She is/was also affiliated with the Christian Porter defamation suit.

Remember how I compared John Barilaro's role in government to a US equivalent to Lieutenant Governor? That's because his actual role is Deputy Premier of New South Wales. And if you are keeping p with Bilby's memes, you all know that the Premier of New South Wales has resigned.

So that makes John Barilaro Premier of New South Wales, right?

No.

Firstly, the state government running NSW is run by a coalition of two parties; Liberal and National. Or, if you want an American comparison city Republicans and country Republicans. The Nationals are a smaller but important part of the coalition so the organisation is usually Liberal leader and National deputy when they are in government. The succession process is a little more murky. The hard and fast rule is that a Premier is replaced with another Liberal and the deupty Premier is replaced by a National. This is not etched in stone, but it is the smart way to bet.

Except everything I told you means jack fucking shit because John Barilaro has resigned also.

So, what does this mean for the defamation case where a politician deliberately tried to suppress a citizen's right to free speech? I don't have a fucking clue. I'll let you guys know. Also, everybody appears to be stepping back from who authorised the initial raid that started this fucking thread:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk4XR6lsQ3o[/youtube]

Finally, Metaphor if you don't know who Dominic Perrottet is, I suspect you will soon.

Firstly, the state government running NSW is run by a coalition of two parties; Liberal and National. Or, if you want an American comparison city Republicans and country Republicans. The Nationals are a smaller but important part of the coalition so the organisation is usually Liberal leader and National deputy when they are in government. The succession process is a little more murky. The hard and fast rule is that a Premier is replaced with another Liberal and the deupty Premier is replaced by a National. This is not etched in stone, but it is the smart way to bet.

Except everything I told you means jack fucking shit because John Barilaro has resigned also.

How does that mean "jack fucking shit"? Are you expecting that Barilaro's resignation means the Liberal leader won't be replaced by a Liberal? Or do you mean something else?

Finally, Metaphor if you don't know who Dominic Perrottet is, I suspect you will soon.

Yes, I do now. My immediate reaction is: significantly better looking than Berejiklian.

How does that mean "jack fucking shit"? Are you expecting that Barilaro's resignation means the Liberal leader won't be replaced by a Liberal? Or do you mean something else?

It means something else. Generally, who is second in charge becomes first in charge when first in charge is gone. That is what the role actually signifies. I can help you on this. There is a thing called google. You can use it to understand chain of command. I don't recommend using google however because it provides you with answers if you are a complete fucking idiot. So there is some confusion to sucession if a coaition government is involved and I tried to provide it.

Feel free to understand the meaning of the the word context in your own time.

Yes, I do now. My immediate reaction is: significantly better looking than Berejiklian.

I have no doubt you would. Which makes me wonder when you said that you didn't know who Dominic Perrottet is.

Last edited by a moderator:
It means something else. Generally, who is second in charge becomes first in charge when first in charge is gone. That is what the role actually signifies. I can help you on this. There is a thing called google. You can use it to understand chain of command. I don't recommend using google however because it provides you with answers if you are a complete fucking idiot. So there is some confusion to sucession if a coaition government is involved and I tried to provide it.

This is an unnecessarily and extremely hostile response that is also inconsistent with how leaders in political parties have been replaced before. When the federal Liberal party had leadership spill(s), Julie Bishop was not nominated to be leader, even when she chose to make herself a candidate and despite being the deputy leader at the time.

But also, the ABC disagrees with you. When Berejiklian resigned, the ABC ran this article explaining what would happen next.

I have no doubt you would. Which makes me wonder when you said that you didn't know who Dominic Perrottet is.

I did not know who Dominic Perrottet was until two days ago. I have not lived in NSW for more than a decade and do not follow NSW politics closely, though I was shocked by Berejiklian's approval of rebuilding a stadium at the cost of nearly a billion dollars and encouraged family and friends in NSW to sign a petition against it.

However, I do not believe I have the obligation to explain myself to somebody who calls me a 'lying piece of shit' without any evidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom