• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Whistle blower comes forward regarding WH security clearances

southernhybrid

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/01/us/politics/trump-security-clearances.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

A whistle-blower working inside the White House has told a House committee that senior Trump administration officials granted security clearances to at least 25 individuals whose applications had been denied by career employees, the committee’s Democratic staff said Monday.

The whistle-blower, Tricia Newbold, a manager in the White House’s Personnel Security Office, told the House Oversight and Reform Committee in a private interview last month that the 25 individuals included two current senior White House officials, in addition to contractors and other employees working for the office of the president, the staff said in a memo it released publicly.

What's it going to take to make more people realize that this president is dangerous!

My son works as a sub contractor computer programmer for the DOD. It took about six months for him to get his first security clearance, and yet we have people in the top levels of government who have been given clearances at the whim of the president.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/white-house-whistleblower-says-security-clearance-denials-were-reversed-during-trump-administration/2019/04/01/9f28334e-542c-11e9-814f-e2f46684196e_story.html?utm_term=.1f192208ea8a

Tricia Newbold, a longtime White House security adviser, told the House Oversight and Reform Committee that she and her colleagues issued “dozens” of denials for security clearance applications that were later approved despite their concerns about blackmail, foreign influence or other red flags, according to panel documents released Monday.

Newbold, an 18-year veteran of the security clearance process who has served under both Republican and Democratic presidents, said she warned her superiors that clearances “were not always adjudicated in the best interest of national security” — and was retaliated against for doing so.

In a statement, Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), the top Republican on the House Oversight Committee, accused Cummings of politicizing an issue that should be bipartisan.

“Chairman Cummings’ investigation is not about restoring integrity to the security clearance process, it is an excuse to go fishing through the personal files of dedicated public servants,” Jordan said. “The process by which this matter has so far progressed has been anything but fair.”

The Trump administration has refused to comply with numerous document requests and inquiries Cummings has made on the topic over the past two years. Cummings identified the security clearance process as one of his top priorities after Democrats took the majority in the House in the fall, but his panel has not received a single document from the White House on the issue.

Jim Jordan is a disgusting man who cares more about his own power than the good of the country. At least that's how I see him.

There is a lot more info in the WaPo piece and I realize that not all of you have full access to it, but I'm sure if you look, you can find this information from other sources.

"go fishing through the personal files of dedicated public servants" - Jim Jordan

Huh? The fishing expedition was already completed by professionals... who seemed to think that the applicants weren't qualified. THAT is the problem. Seems like Rep. Jordan is an idiot.

I believe fishing through personal files is pretty much the job description of people in charge of recommendations for security screenings.

So, Jim Jordan (R - Asshole) is accusing those people of....doing their jobs? Ohnoes!!!

I think the the far right is holding the Republicans politicians hostage with their dreams that President Trump will be the one to save their version of what America should be. The America they see before their eye sis something they detest, because it is too liberal for their tastes, so they don't really don't care if it's damaged. They think President Obama damaged our standing in the world and President Trump can do no wrong on his path to returning the country back to 1950. Go Ike!:shock:

I don't know about this Rep. Jordan, but I bet many on the right are having a white knuckle ride on the President Trump Train and praying up a storm for God to intervene. Trouble is they are the one's who interpret burnt toast to mean something and with no other input other than themselves 2020 will see a flood of Pres. Trump doppelgangers running around waving Bibles at everyone.

Back
Top Bottom