• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

White House thinks senators' job is to support the President.

AirPoh

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
What Does It Mean Politically That More People Are Crossing The Border?

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/07/7010...ally-that-more-people-are-crossing-the-border

Sorry it's audio and not a transcript.

:doh:
At about 2:05, White House spokesman Adam Kennedy says Republicans senators need to do their job and support the president's lawful national emergency.

Obviously The White House has no idea how the government works.

Given the actions of Republican Senators over the past couple of years, it would seem that this guy is correct about what it is they do.

Given the actions of Republican Senators over the past couple of years, it would seem that this guy is correct about what it is they do.
Couple?

With McConnell saying their purpose was to obstruct Obama?
This partisan mob is not the Senate that was described in my Govt. Class....

This is a feature of most modern Republicans.

No conscience. No thoughts. No ideas.

Just follow the party line so we can win and stay in power.

Power for the sake of power.

What a hideous way to live a life.

McConnell, explaining Republican reasoning against the anti-corruption bill that passed the house:

"Because I decide what we vote on"

Asswipe needs to go. I wonder if any Republicans realize what he has done, and what it will mean for the next Dem Senate Leader.

Trump appears to be lining up wall funding in the next budget.

article said:
President Donald Trump is reviving his border wall fight, preparing a new budget that will seek $8.6 billion for the U.S-Mexico barrier while imposing steep spending cuts to other domestic programs and setting the stage for another fiscal battle.
So the Art of the Deal guy, fails again.

• Mexico pays for wall - FAIL
  • US Government funds the wall - FAIL
  • Exec Order to retarget appropriated funds to pay for the wall - FAIL
  • US Government funds the wall - TBD but very probably FAIL

Umm ... OK.

Speaking as an opponent of Donald Trump, I fully support this decision. It's like if you're playing football and the other team spent its last possession just trying to run the ball up the middle of the field and so you just kept blitzing them and they got tackled in the backfield for a loss of downs. On their next possession, if they line up to run the ball up the middle of the field again, you just say thank you and go blitz them again. This especially holds if you know that their coach is an idiot who's not trying to fool you or anything, he's just a dumbass who can't understand that running the ball up the middle yet again is a bad strategy.

The Democrats' very effective countermove of "We're not going to give you any wall money" will work just as well for them as it did last time.

Umm ... OK.

Speaking as an opponent of Donald Trump, I fully support this decision. It's like if you're playing football and the other team spent its last possession just trying to run the ball up the middle of the field and so you just kept blitzing them and they got tackled in the backfield for a loss of downs. On their next possession, if they line up to run the ball up the middle of the field again, you just say thank you and go blitz them again. This especially holds if you know that their coach is an idiot who's not trying to fool you or anything, he's just a dumbass who can't understand that running the ball up the middle yet again is a bad strategy.

The Democrats' very effective countermove of "We're not going to give you any wall money" will work just as well for them as it did last time.
I'd rather be working on other things other than desperately clawing at votes to over-ride a veto to just pass another simple budget. The US Government has wasted its time on not overturning ACA and not funding a wall. It is struggling to push the status quo over the finish line!

I'd rather be working on other things other than desperately clawing at votes to over-ride a veto to just pass another simple budget. The US Government has wasted its time on not overturning ACA and not funding a wall. It is struggling to push the status quo over the finish line!

Ya, the alternative isn't them working on things. The alternative is their being ineffective and useless in a slightly different manner.

Back
Top Bottom