• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why am I getting this all of a sudden?

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
Screenshot 2023-02-25 195125.jpg

Screenshot 2023-02-25 195053.jpg

I've started today getting responses like this on my win 10 laptop. I've rebooted with the same result. Any ideas?

Both washington post and autozone work for me. So it isn't something on their end.

A usual routine is to clear your browser's cache and cookies.

Happening on my chromebook and my phone when connected to my wifi network. I wonder if my modem's IP has been blacklisted.

Dammit. Now I'm getting the same message from the MLive website, a Michigan newspaper consortium.

I'm going to swap my modem for a new one.

What OS are you using? Perhaps you got hacked and your system was used for spamming, getting you blacklisted? Perhaps you need to scan your system with the latest malware detectors you can find? Perhaps install some monitoring system to see if your system is sending out dodgy packets from an app you don't recognize?
If you have somesuch garbage on your system, a new modem might soon be blaclisted also. Maybe try a cheap VPN.

What OS are you using? Perhaps you got hacked and your system was used for spamming, getting you blacklisted? Perhaps you need to scan your system with the latest malware detectors you can find? Perhaps install some monitoring system to see if your system is sending out dodgy packets from an app you don't recognize?
If you have somesuch garbage on your system, a new modem might soon be blaclisted also. Maybe try a cheap VPN.
I had a VPN on my system. I uninstalled to cross it off the list of possible problems.

Windows 10. Using Windows Defender for virus protection.

Check your clock.

If your clock is outside the valid dates of the certificate they are using you get this access denied. I've been the victim of this once even knowing to check the clock. The time was correct. The date was correct. The year (which wasn't on the screen) was three years in the past.

I had a VPN on my system. I uninstalled to cross it off the list of possible problems.

Windows 10. Using Windows Defender for virus protection.

The problem nowadays are rootkits not just viruses. It is getting harder to keep up with. Such malware can infect a computer bios, or UEFI, or various programs. This may mean things like reinstalling a bios, or dealing with infected UEFIs.

Check your clock.

If your clock is outside the valid dates of the certificate they are using you get this access denied. I've been the victim of this once even knowing to check the clock. The time was correct. The date was correct. The year (which wasn't on the screen) was three years in the past.
All my clocks are fine.

I DL'd Malwarebytes and ran it. Yup, my computer was infected. I'll still need to swap my modem to bypass the blacklists.

Something is still trying to load dangerous websites. Malwarebytes and Malwarebytes rootkit isn't finding it.

Defender found something but when I click "Start Actions" it does nothing.

Windows has parts that Defender can't deal with apparently. You will probaby have to find a malware removal suite other than defender. Not being a Windows 10 user, I don't know what the present day hot setup is.

Couldn't shake the malware from my system so I wiped the drive and re-installed windows.

Thank goodness for Chrome remembering all my links and settings.

Back
Top Bottom