• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why Are Police So Bad at Their Jobs?

So many things odd with this I'm discouraged to continue. I'll try to sum it up.
oh! you're one of those 'laws are morality' people - ok, gotcha.
i've known quite a few folks with that mindset, and while it's not one that i agree with i get where you're coming from now.

so yes, you and i disagree very fundamentally on the nature of law, it's just a matter of two separate perspectives that really don't have much overlap.
i'm certainly not going to argue against your view that following municipal codes is a moral obligation, i've seen how deeply that belief runs in people, so i will just concede your points from your perspective.

You seem to agree that the mere presence of police deters crime, you just have disagreements on a bunch of other shit that I'm not talking about.
this is just a quibble now, since the real issue is that you and i have completely incompatible views of the nature of law and society, but i agree that the presence of police deters certain types of law breaking, but i don't agree that the types of law breaking being deterred really count as 'crime' as such.

but that's because i don't view any violation of any law as automatically an inherent wrong, and we've established this is just a fundamental difference in how you and i view the world, so i'll leave it alone.

Back
Top Bottom