• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why Kerala, India, has the world’s wildest church architecture

In some ways Indian Hindu culture is analogous to the 60s-70s psychedelic art bad colors minus the drugs.

One may consider how the India art and architecture represents their cultural and subjective perception of reality. Same with the music.

In some ways Indian Hindu culture is analogous to the 60s-70s psychedelic art bad colors minus the drugs.

One may consider how the India art and architecture represents their cultural and subjective perception of reality. Same with the music.
The 60s and 70s psychedelic art in the US was inspired by Hindu culture. Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, founder of the Transcendental Meditation movement was big deal in the US the 60s which influenced music, art, attitudes, etc.

The 60s and 70s psychedelic art in the US was inspired by Hindu culture. Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, founder of the Transcendental Meditation movement was big deal in the US the 60s which influenced music, art, attitudes, etc.

The mama whatever was a fake. Something the Belts discovered. He was one of many 'gurus' who came hear making money selling mysticism. They used to offer levitation classes for money until it was publicaly exposed. There was a video of students sitting on cushions hopping around trying to lift off. Hilarious.

I was in Portland Or in the 80s when a cult under the 'Bagwan' took over a tranch and Antelope Oregon. He came here fleeing rax evasion charges in India. His cult followers walked around Portland dressed in red with the leader's picture hanging on their necks.

Then there was the Divine Light Mission. In my neighborhood a group of American Sikh converts under somebody from India. Grew bears, took Sikh names, and wore turbans.

Seen it Psychedelic art came out of the drug experience. all. The colors the colors, far out man..cosmic. I got rid of my lava lamp and tie died t shirt ages ago.

Back
Top Bottom