• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why you should vote for Trump

Biden is one of our best presidents, in truth, especially in domestic matters.
Surely you jest.
Rampant inflation, porous southern border, made a complete fuck up of the Afghanistan withdrawal and spending money as fast as he can magically produce/print it. Yeah he’s a great President.
Rampant inflation? I see entirely expected inflation as a result of supply chain disruptions, now pretty much resolved.

Porous southern border? The border that your Orange Fool has dictated that nothing be done about it, lest it make Biden look good? That statement by itself is proof that he should never have one iota of political power.

Afghanistan? Biden did what the Orange Fool planned and then fucked up because he wanted to betray those that had been promised escape.

Spending? I see the deficits going up under Republican control and going down under Democrat control.

I see one irrelevancy, two own-goals and one finger pointed the wrong way.

It is obvious that Iran knows it would be devastated in a war with the US or its allies. That is why the warned us snout their “tat” in response to Israel’s “tit”. Their acquisition of a nuclear weapon does not change that awareness.
The fundamental problem is that Iran wants to sit in it's spider web using proxy armies to destroy. Our invasion of Afghanistan scared them because it made them realize that there was a point beyond which aiding terrorists would bring retaliation. They want to get the bomb to avoid that, so they can sit there pushing out terror without being held accountable. They've given their puppets every weapon system they're capable of operating, why do you think they wouldn't give their puppets the bomb?
My response that you did not read explains why I think so.
I have read your responses--they are basically 100% derails and misdirections.

A candidate that will get the USA to exit the “Paris climate agreement” will get my vote which means I’m going to have to vote for Trump again.
The Paris climate agreement is an irrelevant piece of paper, whether we are part of it or not makes no difference. It was purely an exercise in pretending to do something while actually continuing business as usual.

A candidate that will get the USA to exit the “Paris climate agreement” will get my vote which means I’m going to have to vote for Trump again.
The Paris climate agreement is an irrelevant piece of paper, whether we are part of it or not makes no difference. It was purely an exercise in pretending to do something while actually continuing business as usual.

Right, but it’s not just that he wants us to do nothing about an obvious global emergency. He wants us even to stop pretending to do anything about it. Come to think of it, maybe that’s the most honest thing to do — just admit we don’t give a crap about what happens to people after we die, including for many their own children, just as long as in April 2024 the weather is pleasant in Santa Monica. As a recent cartoon depicts, a guy in rags sitting around a fire with some little kids, presumably his own, says, “Yes, we destroyed the world, but for a brief wonderful moment, we increased shareholder value.” That’s more a paraphrase than a direct quote, don’t have access to the cartoon at the moment.

Obama might have gone down in history as the man who helped lead Iran out of its darkness . . . until the reigns of U.S. power were turned over to a maniacal traitor who pandered to his voter base of hate-filled bigots.
This is so crucial to the current situation.
Obama put the USA and Iran on a path towards peace and prosperity.

Republican Obstructionists torpedoed it immediately. Not only did they turn an important potential ally into an implacable adversary. They also demonstrated to the world that the USA has little interest in peace and cannot be trusted for longer than a political cycle.

Imagine how different the current situation might be if Iran were a US ally. Instead, they're a Russian ally.
Tom
Obama was taking the route of appeasement.

Iran snatches hostages. ("Criminals"--but without any indication they actually were.) Iran frames it as paying something they claim is owed them, gets a big payoff, releases the hostages and grabs some new ones.

It's not clear whether you are writing about the 2015 deal Obama made, or Biden's more recent deal. It just adds to confusion when you conflate these events.

Contrary to right-wing bullshit, the big "payoff" Iran got under Obama was IRANIAN money that had been sequestered; it was NOT a gift. (I hate it when my bank denies me access to my funds just because they don't approve of the brand of bullets I'm buying!)

The big "wild card" in Obama's deal was whether the U.S. would be able to detect forbidden uranium enrichment. On that topic I give greater weight to the opinions of the CIA and NSA than to the blatherings of Tucker Carlson and Marjorie Taylor Green; but maybe that's just me.

To criticize Biden at all, even on matters where he and Trump are in apparent agreement, is to be responsible for the Fall of Western Civilization, apparently. That's why I'm feeling a bit salty here.

Do you ENJOY completely misrepresenting my words?

Trump victory may signal the End of American Democracy. There are various dire threats besides just turning the U.S. government over to a psychotic traitor, and these other threats will be exacerbated with the Party of Treason, Hatred and Stupidity in charge: So it is NOT just hyperbole that has some thinkers worrying about The End of Western Civilization as We Know It.

I write that SOME thinkers fear that Trump victory will spell doom for Western Civilization, and you extrapolate to conclude that you personally can end Civilization!

Do you have a big ego?

Obama might have gone down in history as the man who helped lead Iran out of its darkness . . . until the reigns of U.S. power were turned over to a maniacal traitor who pandered to his voter base of hate-filled bigots.
This is so crucial to the current situation.
Obama put the USA and Iran on a path towards peace and prosperity.

Republican Obstructionists torpedoed it immediately. Not only did they turn an important potential ally into an implacable adversary. They also demonstrated to the world that the USA has little interest in peace and cannot be trusted for longer than a political cycle.

Imagine how different the current situation might be if Iran were a US ally. Instead, they're a Russian ally.
Tom
Obama was taking the route of appeasement.

Iran snatches hostages. ("Criminals"--but without any indication they actually were.) Iran frames it as paying something they claim is owed them, gets a big payoff, releases the hostages and grabs some new ones.

It's not clear whether you are writing about the 2015 deal Obama made, or Biden's more recent deal. It just adds to confusion when you conflate these events.

Contrary to right-wing bullshit, the big "payoff" Iran got under Obama was IRANIAN money that had been sequestered; it was NOT a gift. (I hate it when my bank denies me access to my funds just because they don't approve of the brand of bullets I'm buying!)

The big "wild card" in Obama's deal was whether the U.S. would be able to detect forbidden uranium enrichment. On that topic I give greater weight to the opinions of the CIA and NSA than to the blatherings of Tucker Carlson and Marjorie Taylor Green; but maybe that's just me.
They claim it's their money. It's just the cycle has repeated multiple times.

Back
Top Bottom