• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Wife calls 911 for husband having heart attack, police show up and break his back

ksen

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinist
http://www.thedailybeast.com/louis-...-and-broke-his-back?source=twitter&via=mobile

When Louis Tramunti’s wife called 911, she wanted EMTs to save her husband’s life after a heart attack. Instead, two policemen threw him to the floor and broke his back. It was just one of those things; didn’t even make the papers.

I guess the "Assessing the situation" class got dropped from the police academy due to budget cuts.

Although maybe after a few more asset seizures the department could afford to reinstate it.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/louis-...-and-broke-his-back?source=twitter&via=mobile

When Louis Tramunti’s wife called 911, she wanted EMTs to save her husband’s life after a heart attack. Instead, two policemen threw him to the floor and broke his back. It was just one of those things; didn’t even make the papers.

I guess the "Assessing the situation" class got dropped from the police academy due to budget cuts.

Although maybe after a few more asset seizures the department could afford to reinstate it.
He is still alive, isn't he? He should be counting his blessings. I think this is a case of 1) jumping to conclusions (EMT) and 2) grossly excessive force even if he did hit his wife (police). It sounds like the EMT fucked up royally, and fed a mindset to the officers about to get on site. They are thinking he is a threat, and likely do not know the original 911 call. So they are thinking domestic disturbance, see a little blood and then lose their shit.

But unless I'm not aware of it being more common than I thought, how many domestic disturbances are called in to 911 as a heart attack of the person attacking the other person?

It seems to me the cops and EMTs were "white knights" who read a bit too much radfem literature and assumed Louis, being a man, just had to be guilty of beating a woman.

Daily Beast said:
didn’t even make the papers
Well he isn't black, is he? Not really fitting the narrative the MSM is pushing.

Wife is Hungarian, I wonder if people at 911 understood her english. And the man looks big and dangerous, and too young for ordinary heart attack.

It seems to me the cops and EMTs were "white knights" who read a bit too much radfem literature and assumed Louis, being a man, just had to be guilty of beating a woman.
If this is an attempt at comedy, it fails as humor. If this is a serious observation, it did better as an attempt at comedy.

If this is an attempt at comedy, it fails as humor. If this is a serious observation, it did better as an attempt at comedy.
Both. The "white knight" was serious, as that is definitely what they were doing, but the part about radfem literature was a joke.

Was this a mistake? Yes.

Was this an honest mistake? No.

This was an egregious mistake. The behavior of the officer on the night of the incident was abhorrent but the behavior of the police department defending the excessive force and bad judgement of its officers is worse.

The officer should have immediately been drug and steroid tested.

the only time steroid use should be allowed is after a surgery required long immobilization and quick muscle growth is needed.

Daily Beast said:
didn’t even make the papers
Well he isn't black, is he? Not really fitting the narrative the MSM is pushing.

Oh, brother... :rolleyes:

... He is still alive, isn't he? He should be counting his blessings. I think this is a case of 1) jumping to conclusions (EMT) and 2) grossly excessive force even if he did hit his wife (police). It sounds like the EMT fucked up royally, and fed a mindset to the officers about to get on site. They are thinking he is a threat, and likely do not know the original 911 call. So they are thinking domestic disturbance, see a little blood and then lose their shit.

But unless I'm not aware of it being more common than I thought, how many domestic disturbances are called in to 911 as a heart attack of the person attacking the other person?

Good that they didn't taser him.:tombstone:

Was this a mistake? Yes.

This was an egregious mistake. The behavior of the officer on the night of the incident was abhorrent but the behavior of the police department defending the excessive force and bad judgement of its officers is worse.
I think you may be looking too far outside from this. The EMTs got the police involved. The EMTs seemed to tell the Police they thought he had beaten her. The EMTs completely screwed up in diagnosing the patient... by first diagnosing the wrong person!

So the Police come into the situation and they are thinking wife beater, and the guy is non-responsive (on drugs? as in this is what is going through their minds at the moment, based on the information they have received). They use excessive force to take him down and act as if there is already a conviction made on him for battery.

So the Police erred, but I think the EMTs are the more guilty party. The guy is non-responsive because he is coming out of / recovering from a seizure. Don't get me wrong, there is an excessive force settlement due here (breaking his back?!), but the EMTs are the main reason of this going down. I'd say the EMT's only defense is that they are responding to a possible heart attack, not a seizure. But seeing the doctor at the hospital almost immediately could tell the guy had one, the EMTs should have noticed when he was in one.

I used to have this sort of thing happen to me, your vision is useless and comprehension is impossible. You can tell someone is talking but you can't make heads or tails what is being said. Yet you are upright and on your legs.

Was this a mistake? Yes.

I think you may be looking too far outside from this. The EMTs got the police involved. The EMTs seemed to tell the Police they thought he had beaten her. The EMTs completely screwed up in diagnosing the patient... by first diagnosing the wrong person!

So the Police come into the situation and they are thinking wife beater, and the guy is non-responsive (on drugs? as in this is what is going through their minds at the moment, based on the information they have received). They use excessive force to take him down and act as if there is already a conviction made on him for battery.

So the Police erred, but I think the EMTs are the more guilty party. The guy is non-responsive because he is coming out of / recovering from a seizure. Don't get me wrong, there is an excessive force settlement due here (breaking his back?!), but the EMTs are the main reason of this going down.
The EMT's may have put them on edge, but if he was not resisting arrest, their use of force was excessive in and of itself.

This is being blown out of proportion. The article clearly indicates that one of the cops said that he was sorry, so can we just put the whole "they broke this guy's back" thing in the past where it belongs and move on?

... He is still alive, isn't he? He should be counting his blessings. I think this is a case of 1) jumping to conclusions (EMT) and 2) grossly excessive force even if he did hit his wife (police). It sounds like the EMT fucked up royally, and fed a mindset to the officers about to get on site. They are thinking he is a threat, and likely do not know the original 911 call. So they are thinking domestic disturbance, see a little blood and then lose their shit.

Maybe they did and it restarted his heart

So the Police erred, but I think the EMTs are the more guilty party. The guy is non-responsive because he is coming out of / recovering from a seizure. Don't get me wrong, there is an excessive force settlement due here (breaking his back?!), but the EMTs are the main reason of this going down.
The EMT's may have put them on edge, but if he was not resisting arrest, their use of force was excessive in and of itself.
As I said, there is an excessive force settlement here. My main comment is the EMT isn't getting enough attention here.

- - - Updated - - -

He didn't suffer a heart attack. He had a seizure.

As I said, there is an excessive force settlement here. My main comment is the EMT isn't getting enough attention here.

- - - Updated - - -

He didn't suffer a heart attack. He had a seizure.

Taser could fix that too.

This is being blown out of proportion. The article clearly indicates that one of the cops said that he was sorry, so can we just put the whole "they broke this guy's back" thing in the past where it belongs and move on?

Back
Top Bottom