• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Will The Trump Junta Cancel the 2020 Elections?

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
50% chance IMHO.
Thoughts?

50% chance IMHO.
Thoughts?

I think an attempt to cancel has a non-zero probability, but I think it's quite low. He would probably have to get the military involved, and with all of his idiotic decisions, they're not exactly his best friend right now.

The Federal Government doesn’t run elections. Stop with the TDS.

Are you saying that Trump will not make any attempt to discredit / cancel / postpone an election that he thinks will not turn out in his favor? Or is this just a semantic nit pick?

Are you saying that Trump will not make any attempt to discredit / cancel / postpone an election that he thinks will not turn out in his favor? Or is this just a semantic nit pick?

FFS. How do you not know that states run their own elections? The president has no power to cancel elections. He cannot order the county supervisor of elections to suspend elections. He cannot command states not to count votes. It is astonishing how many have such a poor understanding of very basic civics.

FFS. How do you not know that states run their own elections? The president has no power to cancel elections. He cannot order the county supervisor of elections to suspend elections. He cannot command states not to count votes. It is astonishing how many have such a poor understanding of very basic civics.

So then I guess you are saying that Trump will not make any attempt to discredit / cancel / postpone an election?

No one is claiming anything about how elections are run.. what an odd comment. and since you brought it up, which state is the one that coronates our president and installs him into office officially? Is it the same State government that issues the oath of office? lol.

Ignoring what you think likely or legal, since this administration has fuck-all concern for either likely or legal...

You still haven't weighed in on what your reaction will be to any attempts to cancel or delay elections.

What do you, Trausti, think is the appropriate reaction IF the administration makes some attempt at delaying or canceling an election?

And as a bonus for something that seems more likely, what would your reaction be to an attempt by Trump to have an opponent arrested?

Passed by Congress March 2, 1932. Ratified January 23, 1933.
(Note: Article I, Section 4 of the Constitution was modified by Section 2 of this Amendment. In addition, a portion of the 12th Amendment was superseded by Section 3.)
SECTION 1.
The terms of the President and the Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January, and the terms of Sena- tors and Representatives at noon on the 3d day of January, of the years in which such terms would have ended if this article had not been ratified; and the terms of their succes- sors shall then begin.

So, even if he did try to postpone the election, his presidency and Pence's vic presidency would end at the end of their elected terms, which would be on January 20th 2021, according to that thing called the US Constitution. I guess, that means the Speaker of the House would take over until an election was held, since the two bozos would no longer be holding office. Nancy Pelosi would make a great interim president. I'm sure Trump would agree. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I don't see why Trump would need to cancel the election. Covid-19 is his best running partner: it discourages people to go vote if they have to stand in line, which affects mostly democrat districts, unless you're an idiot who thinks that silver water cures the corona and it's a hoax anyway. So rational people stay home, fanatics who vote for Trump go to the polls. Not to mention that the timing when the vaccine will be ready is probably around election time.

This needs to be a poll.

Wanna set it up? Anonymous would probably be best, eh?

1) Yes
2) No
3) Maybe
4) Only if COVID-19 cases are still increasing, polls are radically against him or other extreme development

Not sure how you format those things..
But I find it unlikely that trumpsuckers or "I'm not a trumpsucker"s would participate in such a poll.

Ignoring what you think likely or legal, since this administration has fuck-all concern for either likely or legal...

You still haven't weighed in on what your reaction will be to any attempts to cancel or delay elections.

What do you, Trausti, think is the appropriate reaction IF the administration makes some attempt at delaying or canceling* an election?

And as a bonus for something that seems more likely, what would your reaction be to an attempt by Trump to have an opponent arrested?

Most alt-whites disappear when discussions get to this point; a one-trick pony runs out of tricks pretty quickly. Implying that Cheato won't run roughshod over some entity because it isn't officially within his purview is beyond laughable. Almost like contending that Congress and the Judiciary all work for him... that would be is ridiculous, right?

* or declaring the invalidation of an election he lost

What do you, Trausti, think is the appropriate reaction IF the administration makes some attempt at delaying or canceling* an election?

Most alt-whites disappear when discussions get to this point; a one-trick pony runs out of tricks pretty quickly. Implying that Cheato won't run roughshod over some entity because it isn't officially within his purview is beyond laughable. Almost like contending that Congress and the Judiciary all work for him... that would be is ridiculous, right?

Like, seriously though, I'm a little disappointed in y'all. This is the second or third time now when it took this long to get to the direct ask. You have to be more careful to not get pulled into the "he wouldn't, it's not legal" fuckery, as if the multiple credible "alleged" rapes, tax fraud, molestations, peeping on underaged girls, campaign finance fraud, embezzlement from charities, blackmail, extortion of foreign diplomats, or Money laundering via Deutchbank, ignoring many congressional subpoenas, investigation interference, were legal either

What do you, Trausti, think is the appropriate reaction IF the administration makes some attempt at delaying or canceling an election?

If the administration actually plays into your wet dream about cancelling the election, you just ignore it.

Hey, California. Trumps says cancel your election.

Yeah, he can go fuck himself.

I mean, seriously. Do you and the other folks here just not understand federalism?

Like, seriously though, I'm a little disappointed in y'all. This is the second or third time now when it took this long to get to the direct ask. You have to be more careful to not get pulled into the "he wouldn't, it's not legal" fuckery, as if the multiple credible "alleged" rapes, tax fraud, molestations, peeping on underaged girls, campaign finance fraud, embezzlement from charities, blackmail, extortion of foreign diplomats, or Money laundering via Deutchbank, ignoring many congressional subpoenas, investigation interference, were legal either

Well, shit. What would your reaction be if Trump opens the Stargate? Don't just respond that there's no such thing. This, like the OP, should be taken just as seriously.

Dude, if what you say is correct, then no federal court can place an injunction on any of his policies. There would be no "sanctuary cities." Yet, there they are.

Well, shit. What would your reaction be if Trump opens the Stargate? Don't just respond that there's no such thing. This, like the OP, should be taken just as seriously.

Except that there's actually plenty of historical precedent to dictators with large swaths of the government complicit to them of just running roughshod over the previous system of government and making up rules as they go along.

If you don't want to participate in a thread on the discussion of a serious topic, then maybe these are the wrong forums for you?

Except that there's actually plenty of historical precedent to dictators with large swaths of the government complicit to them of just running roughshod over the previous system of government and making up rules as they go along.

If you don't want to participate in a thread on the discussion of a serious topic, then maybe these are the wrong forums for you?

Fucking hell. The president only controls the executive of the federal government. He does not control the state, county, or city government. How do you not know this?

While I think Mr. Trump has the balls to do it, there is no US precedent. I doubt that the military or even the Senate would go along with it. And I think Mr. Trump knows that. Besides, in his mind, he most likely thinks he is going to win anyways. So I don't think there is any chance of the election being cancelled.

Yes there are but neither Obama nor Trump are dictators even though the right wing nutjobs thought Obama was and the left wing nutjobs think Trump is. Both these presidents had several of their wishes and decisions overruled. Dictators don't have wishes and decisions overruled. Those who try to overrule them vanish.

Back
Top Bottom