• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Winning souls using folded notes / WTC?

Wait. If you go in the order if the redesigns, they are BUILDING the towers!!!

Omg this is so flakey. And people buy it? Lol.

A couple months before I retired in 2010, I had this is the conversation with a young delivery truck driver who tried giving me a religious tract.

Me: No thanks. To tell you the truth, I actually feel insulted that anyone would think that I would fall for that ridiculous story about an all powerful, invisible entity.

Theist: Well! Look around you. Where did this come from? All this couldn’t have just happen?

Me: We weren’t here when this all started. I don’t know where it came from and neither do you. Our ignorance doesn’t prove that there's a God. There is no way to prove that any god exists. If there was any proof of a God everybody in the world would know about it and everybody in the world would believe in that same god. There's no proof that a god exists. To believe in a god you have to have faith. That's the only way.

Theist: with big smile and look of satisfaction: YES YES! You got to have faith!

Me: Faith in who?

Theist: Faith in God.

Me: Who says there's a God? You? I’m not going to believe in some invisible guy just because you say it's true. I don’t have faith in you.

Theist: Faith in the Bible.

Me: Who wrote The Bible? Nobody knows. Just some guys. I’m not going to believe that bizarre story on the word of just some guys. Have you read that book? Very few people have because it's little more than gibberish. The third chapter in the bible starts out with a story about a talking snake. I don’t have faith in "just some guys" who write a poorly written book that starts out with a story about a talking snake.

Theist: Walks to truck mumbling something like: some day that talking snake and you…

Back
Top Bottom