• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Witnessed more than an hour of silent lightning...

excreationist

Married mouth-breather
Basic Beliefs
Probably in a simulation
Since before 7pm December 9th until after 8pm there seems to be silent lightning in the same spot. It has made absolutely no sound (there is sometimes the sound of wind on the microphone). I'll keep checking to see how much longer it lasts for. In the second video I was filming another street but there was a car driving past slowly so I walked away...

Any ideas about what's going on? You'll have to take my word that this has been happening for more than an hour....

See 1:30 for very bright flashes....

8:40pm - still some lightning - maybe more in the distance - still haven't heard a sound - either any time before the lightning or after....

Sorry about the shakiness - I have a tremor....

Last edited:
Since before 7pm December 9th until after 8pm there seems to be silent lightning in the same spot. It has made absolutely no sound (there is sometimes the sound of wind on the microphone). I'll keep checking to see how much longer it lasts for. In the second video I was filming another street but there was a car driving past slowly so I walked away...

Any ideas about what's going on? You'll have to take my word that this has been happening for more than an hour....

See 1:30 for very bright flashes....

8:40pm - still some lightning - maybe more in the distance - still haven't heard a sound - either any time before the lightning or after....

Sorry about the shakiness - I have a tremor....

That looks like what is commonly called "heat lightning" (you may want to google "heat lightning"). It looks like the storm is quite a distance away and the sound of thunder only carries about ten miles.

That looks like what is commonly called "heat lightning" (you may want to google "heat lightning").
Thanks! The video on Wikipedia looks the same: (I renamed my video to "heat lightning")
It looks like the storm is quite a distance away and the sound of thunder only carries about ten miles.
Ok - well I didn't even hear a single faint rumble. Also at 1:30 it was very bright - though things might look brighter on my phone than with my eyes:

heat-lightning.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom