• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Woman loses her $hit over couple not wearing a mask

I've also noticed on my daily walk that used paper masks are the new roadside litter. I mean people can't find a trash can?

They're in every parking lot -- the big ones, like WalMart's, are strewn with them. Looks like an apocalypse has happened and the victims dropped their masks as they fled for their lives. The everyday truth is probably that people sneezed into their masks and threw 'em out.

I am relieved that I have not seen a single disposable mask in any parking lot around here. When the pandemic started, people were wearing gloves at the grocery store and I did see some gloves thrown out in the parking lots, but now that we know that the virus is probably not acquired from surfaces, I almost never see anyone wearing gloves these days.

The stores near me have all put large trash baskets right near the exits. That may be where people are putting their disposable masks. Those damn make are always way too big for me, so while I have some in my car for emergencies, I very rarely wear one. I found some well made masks in a small size that fit me perfectly. I've noticed that as a lot more people are now wearing masks in my small city, our rate of new infections is going down.

Sandusky, Ohio, is half an hour away from me. Last week, a group of Nomaskies had a demonstration in front of the town's biggest grocery store and then walked in en masse to shop. The store manager told the press that he had no legal power to evict them, but I wonder if he couldn't have called the police about it. I don't know what the cops would have done, but I'd like to see the issue joined. I also think the demonstrators did it all wrong. It's so obvious: they should've gone in not only maskless but completely nude. Obviously society has no claim on them.

I know some anti maskers, and they don't oppose mask wearing because it's an inconvenience, or because they are anti-social or because they don't care about the welfare of others. The ones I know at least are convinced that the mask-wearing is an exercise in the grooming of society, to see how obedient people can be, and how easily controlled. I have two family members who are susceptible to conspiracy theories, who both firmly believe that the whole virus thing is highly exaggerated (not non-existent), that the stats have been manipulated, and in some cases made up. These are people who believe that society is under the thumbs of a handful of wealthy and powerful puppetmasters. Soros and Gates are mad evil geniuses. They view the refusal to mask up as an instance of informed nonconformity. It is everybody else who are ignorant. The sheeple. "You won't fool meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" is their battle cry, not "Fuck you all I don't care!".

Of course I can't speak for all of them, and I'm not defending their motives or behavior. Just explaining what I see and hear of it, day in and day out. When people insist that the refusal to wear a mask is driven by laziness, selfishness, or contempt for others, I am sure it applies to many, many people; but it doesn't apply to all.
Yeah, I've seen many claim that mask wearing is about Government control (I suppose that is why doctors and nurses where them). The paranoia is quite harmful because they think they are protecting America in endangering it.

Reactions: WAB
I am relieved that I have not seen a single disposable mask in any parking lot around here. When the pandemic started, people were wearing gloves at the grocery store and I did see some gloves thrown out in the parking lots, but now that we know that the virus is probably not acquired from surfaces, I almost never see anyone wearing gloves these days.

The stores near me have all put large trash baskets right near the exits. That may be where people are putting their disposable masks. Those damn make are always way too big for me, so while I have some in my car for emergencies, I very rarely wear one. I found some well made masks in a small size that fit me perfectly. I've noticed that as a lot more people are now wearing masks in my small city, our rate of new infections is going down.

Very few here, either. I found one out on a trail but I suspect it fell out of somebody's pocket rather than was deliberately discarded.

There is a bit of self-correction though. The Governors usually react (though the reaction is coming later with each wave) at some point to save our hospitals which quells the growth. And we are seeing that action taking place now. But a million cases in less than a week is definitely disappointing.

And why are there still idiots wearing chin diapers?

There is a bit of self-correction though. The Governors usually react (though the reaction is coming later with each wave) at some point to save our hospitals which quells the growth. And we are seeing that action taking place now. But a million cases in less than a week is definitely disappointing.

And why are there still idiots wearing chin diapers?

Except they have almost certainly reacted too late to keep the system from crashing, and rules without enforcement mean almost nothing. These days I see at least a 20% dick-nose rate locally.

Back
Top Bottom