• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Would Ross Perot have been a good President?

repoman

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Science Based Atheism
I am not just asking if he would have been good for all policies, but if he would have been a competent and effective adminstrator. Also, if he would have "been his own man" regarding what direction he wanted the country to go in and not looked at financial gains post presidency.

Also, was he not the real deal of what Trump pretends to be?

My sister worked for Ross in the 1980's. She said he was an excellent businessman and honest. He got things done. Many in the company did not like his decisions but he accomplished much. Business however, is not government where you need consensus building and compromise.

According to this article the Presidents who were businessmen were not good at governance.

so no I don't think Ross would have been a good President IMO.

He'd be 1000x better than El Cheato.

IOW, no - he'd be terrible.

I think he got a look into what the job involved and that's why he dropped out the first time. Only a sense of obligation to his supporters brought him back. But I'd guess he came to find out the job wasn't for him. At least he had demonstrable integrity in that regard.

OTOH, Trump never thought he was going to win and never took a second to appreciate the gravity of what would happen if he did.

Impossible to tell. It depends on how pragmatic he would have been if elected. Not being in either party, he'd have virtually no political capital to work with. He wouldn't have been able to change a lot.

Whether he'd been stable I can't tell, though his campaign would have implied no. We see Trump today and how pathetic he is, with his 'the AHCA is mean' bullshit.

He'd be 1000x better than El Cheato.

IOW, no - he'd be terrible.

Saying he'd be better than trump is a substance-less declaration. Because really, who wouldn't be?

Gimme a break, LK. I said 1000x, not 1.001x. Sure, even Kim Jong Un would be better than Trump, but prob'ly only about 2-3x as good. Ross would be better than that. Still terrible, yes, but in today's climate, one needs to be able to discern between a lot of different levels of terribility. :D

Saying he'd be better than trump is a substance-less declaration. Because really, who wouldn't be?

Gimme a break, LK. I said 1000x, not 1.001x. Sure, even Kim Jong Un would be better than Trump, but prob'ly only about 2-3x as good. Ross would be better than that. Still terrible, yes, but in today's climate, one needs to be able to discern between a lot of different levels of terribility. :D

Kim would have a problem with understanding English so that would make his job a bit difficult even though he would have people to translate his wild statements. Only he and party members would be allowed to use Twitter.

The guy is still alive can run and be certainly better president than the thing we have now.

Trump makes Bush Jr. seem like a great president.
Stable President. Not Great President. Some of the problems with Trump have extended because of the policies of W, such as the vocal call out against the media on reporting.

Back
Top Bottom