• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

You Cant Say Someone Is A Racist In Floriduh

Recall that truth is defense against defamation.
But how do you prove someone is racist?

Same reason we don't permit accusations of lying on here--it's pretty much impossible to prove.
If someone is racist enough then there may be a way to prove it. Recall that it is legally prove. And civilly it’s just preponderance of the evidence.

Recall that truth is defense against defamation.
"Racist" is one of the most, if not the most, overused words in today's discourse. I've seen people claiming those opposed to racial preferences were "racist".
If we did a search at IIDB (or US internet in general), I'd imagine "woke" would arise more than "racist".

Regarding legislation, how does this even work? Some black person screaming racial slurs at white people, and Derec owes the state $35,000 for calling them racist?
No. Derec owes the black person, not the state.
In that case, everyone in Florida called me a racist. I want my money!

Same reason we don't permit accusations of lying on here--it's pretty much impossible to prove.

Actually, that's not quite accurate. If I were to claim that you're the most reliable person on the forum due to your consistent use of sources, it would not take much effort for others to realize that this assertion is far from the truth.

Back
Top Bottom