• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

2016 has been a pretty good 「CURRENT YEAR」

Joni-san

Basic Beliefs
Humanist Atheist, with minor leaning to Buddhism and Taoism. Interested in Finnish Paganism.
Everybody has been complaining about all the bad things that happened. I'd like to make a thread for some of the good things that happened this year.

1. BON VOYAGE MEDIA GOBLIN!
Terry Gene Bollea, better known as Hulk Hogan, performed a magnificent legal leg-drop on Gawker Media for a cool 115 million US Dollars (eventually settled at 31 million). This coupled with the flight of advertisers ensured Gawkers destruction. Unfortunately a part of the site still lives on due to Univision.

2. LIRU'S HAPPENING
Seismic finally finished Wolf Girl With You. Perverts around the world rejoice.
BONUS: Wolf Girl With You got a Christmas version!

3. DANCE THROUGH THE DANGER
Wayforward's Shantae series saw the release of Shantae: Half Genie Hero. Do you like platformers? Do you like hand drawn animation? Do you like great music? Do you like cute girls bellydancing? Then plays Shantae: ½ Genie Hero.

4. 「DUWANG IS NOT CRASH」
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure got its 4'th part animated. And it has been a blast watching it.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc1Byzb8UYE[/YOUTUBE]

The Gawker lawsuit was a good thing?

The thing that pissed Hulk Hogan off was that the tape included statements of him saying incredibly racist things:

“I mean, I don’t have double standards. I mean, I am a racist, to a point, f*cking n*ggers. But then when it comes to nice people and sh*t, and whatever."
“I mean, I’d rather if she was going to f*ck some n*gger, I’d rather have her marry an 8-foot-tall n*gger worth a hundred million dollars! Like a basketball player!”

Sure, the sex tape was salacious, but included genuinely relevant reporting about a public figure. If someone gets caught saying incredibly racist things, they should not be able to sue a media outlet out of existence.

It seems that the Hulk Hogan-Gawker thing is a victory for racists, I guess. Not for people.

Some good things from the year

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/aFJJYZ8mBhY[/YOUTUBE]

Back
Top Bottom