• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

2020 Election Results

Colorado’s secretary of state blames Mesa County clerk for password breach

Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold put blame for the release of election system passwords last week on the internet squarely on Mesa County officials, saying the breach could have allowed someone to access the settings of the county’s voting equipment, all of which may now have to be decertified.

“I can say at this time that Mesa County appears to have allowed this breach in election security,” Griswold, a Democrat, told The Colorado Sun during an interview Tuesday.

Griswold’s office is investigating the situation. It believes that images containing the passwords that were posted online were taken during a so-called “trusted build” systems update to election equipment completed in late May. The Mesa County District Attorney’s office has launched a parallel criminal probe into the leak.

At the center of the case is Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters, a Republican who as the investigation into her office heated up on Tuesday appeared at a “cyber symposium” hosted by MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, who continued to make unsubstantiated claims about fraud in the 2020 presidential election.

Trump allies including Giuliani lose bid to dismiss Dominion vote machine lawsuits

Three prominent allies of former U.S. President Donald Trump -Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell and Mike Lindell - on Wednesday lost a bid to dismiss multibillion dollar lawsuits saying their false claims about the 2020 presidential election defamed the Dominion voting equipment company.

U.S. District Judge Carl Nichols in Washington D.C. said in a written decision that lawsuits brought against the trio by Dominion Voting Systems should move forward. The company had said it was defamed because Trump and his supporters spread false claims that it rigged the election against him.

Nichols held that the First Amendment, which protects the right to free speech, offers "no blanket immunity" to Powell and Lindell in the lawsuits. Powell is a lawyer who later left the Trump campaign. Lindell is a conspiracy theorist who founded a (shitty) pillow and bedding company.

The judge also rejected an argument by Giuliani, a former U.S. prosecutor and mayor of New York, that Dominion had not explained its request for money damages with enough specificity.

A Dominion spokesperson said: "We are pleased to see this process moving forward to hold (the defendants) accountable."

The Dominion lawsuits have already made it farther than the election lawsuits.

thank you for the linked article. I only clicked it to see if it really categorized the company's product as "shitty". They did not. That was added by the poster. Note to poster, please use square brackets and not parenthesis when you are adding your own words to an otherwise quoted block of text... else you may be accused of quote mining / misquoting. I'm sure it was just a minor oversight.

I think Mike Pillow will be broke soon. Dominion has lots of evidence of business lost.

Dominion projects $600 million loss over next 8 years due to 'severity, pervasiveness, and permanence of the viral disinformation campaign' about 2020 election

I hope his dealer is paid up.

Many business men like Lidell buy legal insurance. I wonder if some legal insurance company is on the hook here. Of course many legal insurance companies do have some sort of fine print giving themselves an out in cases of wilful stupidity.

I think Mike Pillow will be broke soon. Dominion has lots of evidence of business lost.

Dominion projects $600 million loss over next 8 years due to 'severity, pervasiveness, and permanence of the viral disinformation campaign' about 2020 election

I hope his dealer is paid up.

Many business men like Lidell buy legal insurance. I wonder if some legal insurance company is on the hook here. Of course many legal insurance companies do have some sort of fine print giving themselves an out in cases of wilful stupidity.

Is there insurance for being an asshole?

Is there insurance for being an asshole?

Can an insurance company make money off of it? If yes, then yes there probably is.

There's liability insurance, but the upper limit they'll pay is based on the premiums you pay.
I cannot imagine the cost of a policy that'd cover a $600M judgment.

[TWEET]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This morning, GOP operative Roger Stone announced that he will be filing a $25 million defamation suit against ABC News over their reporting about his role in January 6th riot.</p>— Zachary Petrizzo (@ZTPetrizzo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZTPetrizzo/status/1428808460078968834?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 20, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWEET]..

The Maricopa County Recorder Has Had Enough Of This Shit

Stephen Richer, head of the Maricopa County Recorder's Office, penned an open letter addressing the Cyber Nincompoops' "audit" of the county's 2020 ballots. It is a lengthy letter, complete with references peppered throughout, and is the work of a man clearly frustrated with his fellow Republicans. Yes, Richer is a Republican, and he even campaigned for Trump in 2020, knocking on doors, working phone banks, handing out flyers, etc. Yet, as the guy in charge of voter information (his office works with the County Elections Department to hold elections, he knows pretty well there was no fraud. It's a pretty good read. Some highlights:

Nobody stole Maricopa County’s election. Elections in Maricopa County aren’t rigged.

Maricopa County has used the same tabulation vendor and ballot printer, and has had many of the same employees, for more than 20 years. This team oversaw Maricopa County's vote for Trump in 2016, for Mitt Romney in 2012, for John McCain in 2008, and for George W. Bush in 2004. It administered the election of the continued Republican control of the Arizona state legislature in 2020. Through all these elections, there had never been a report of significant tabulation problems or
widespread fraud. Hardly anyone had heard of Dominion prior to November.

He goes on to speak about the audits that were already done before the Cyber Nincompoops got involved.

I don’t believe anyone who attended the audits and spoke with the auditors found them to be anything short of professional and thorough. The auditors found no problems with the equipment, no manipulation of the software code, no malware, and no connection to the internet. Those reports are publicly available. The exact same machines and software worked perfectly in seven previous elections—including the August 2020 primary that sent candidates onto the November 2020 general election. The County ran the statutorily required tests for each of those seven elections. They always confirmed accuracy. Nobody challenged the functionality of the equipment in those seven elections.

...the truth is that the case isn’t there. I spent November and December willing to wait for a meritorious lawsuit, a scientific claim, or convincing data. But it never came because it didn’t exist. What is there, is data showing that Trump’s loss was built on disaffected Republican voters. This section isn’t intended to be a thorough analysis of why Trump lost Maricopa County, but the high-level explanation is straightforward.

And like other Republicans who admitted Trump simply lost, he was attacked.

Despite my lifelong support for the conservative cause, I quickly became an enemy to many Republicans because of my lack of enthusiasm for the Stop the Steal movement. As mentioned before, I am driven by facts and logic, and the Stop the Steal movement has neither. I’ve of course received death threats, harassing emails and social media messages (so too has my wife, (who isn’t even political), and I’ve had people bang their fists and shoes (seriously) on my car windshield while I sat inside. I’ve had my looks criticized in every way imaginable (yes, people of the internet, I know I’m balding). I’ve been screamed at during many events, and I’ve been told I can “take my fake-Christian, Mormon-ass back to Utah” (I’m not LDS and never have been, but I am from Utah, and I consider the confusion a high compliment).

All by my fellow Republicans.

He goes on at length, calling the audit "an abomination" and even challenges his fellow Republicans to throw out the Cyber Ninjas and work with him to perform yet ANOTHER audit, but do it professionally.

Scathing does not begin to describe this. We've got some nut-case Republicans in this state, but this guy ain't one.

The Maricopa County Recorder Has Had Enough Of This Shit

Stephen Richer, head of the Maricopa County Recorder's Office, penned an open letter addressing the Cyber Nincompoops' "audit" of the county's 2020 ballots. It is a lengthy letter, complete with references peppered throughout, and is the work of a man clearly frustrated with his fellow Republicans. Yes, Richer is a Republican, and he even campaigned for Trump in 2020, knocking on doors, working phone banks, handing out flyers, etc. Yet, as the guy in charge of voter information (his office works with the County Elections Department to hold elections, he knows pretty well there was no fraud. It's a pretty good read. Some highlights:

He goes on to speak about the audits that were already done before the Cyber Nincompoops got involved.

...the truth is that the case isn’t there. I spent November and December willing to wait for a meritorious lawsuit, a scientific claim, or convincing data. But it never came because it didn’t exist. What is there, is data showing that Trump’s loss was built on disaffected Republican voters. This section isn’t intended to be a thorough analysis of why Trump lost Maricopa County, but the high-level explanation is straightforward.

And like other Republicans who admitted Trump simply lost, he was attacked.

Despite my lifelong support for the conservative cause, I quickly became an enemy to many Republicans because of my lack of enthusiasm for the Stop the Steal movement. As mentioned before, I am driven by facts and logic, and the Stop the Steal movement has neither. I’ve of course received death threats, harassing emails and social media messages (so too has my wife, (who isn’t even political), and I’ve had people bang their fists and shoes (seriously) on my car windshield while I sat inside. I’ve had my looks criticized in every way imaginable (yes, people of the internet, I know I’m balding). I’ve been screamed at during many events, and I’ve been told I can “take my fake-Christian, Mormon-ass back to Utah” (I’m not LDS and never have been, but I am from Utah, and I consider the confusion a high compliment).

All by my fellow Republicans.

He goes on at length, calling the audit "an abomination" and even challenges his fellow Republicans to throw out the Cyber Ninjas and work with him to perform yet ANOTHER audit, but do it professionally.

Scathing does not begin to describe this. We've got some nut-case Republicans in this state, but this guy ain't one.

Because everyone knew that trump lost. The "stop the steal" excuse was a fig leaf to cover the fact that republicans were fomenting a rebellion against democracy, and "stop the steal" is code for "I'm all in on that".

It's a massive DARVO.

This is quite a good read, except for the part where he says he became a conservative at age 14 because he didn’t think the government should fund his video game playing through the national endowment of the arts.

Deny, Attack, and Reverse Victim and Offender. Trump's instinctive reaction to life.

If it were just Trump this would have been over months ago.

But it's not. It's a minority, but a big and vocal minority. Dedicated

A big part of the problem is that low information Trumpistas vote more regularly than low information leftists, like the Sanderistas.
Tom

Again, Trump is the symptom, not the virus. The right-wing has suffered a collective partisan stroke. They are choosing illness and even death, they are that far gone in matters of partisanship.

Trump is more than just a symptom. Yes, he figured out how angry and alienated his base was -- but he added to that calculation his own revolting level of corruption, deceit, malice, and obscenity. He could have played on the prejudices of the base without telling multitudes of lies (some of them frivolous and instinctive), without installing lackeys in every department of the federal government, without devoting his psychic energy to making up childish names for opponents, and without adding son of a bitch, fuck, and shit (or "Schitt") to public Presidential language. In all of those things, he wasn't just conforming to the nastiness of his base, he was deepening it, molding the party to his own deranged personality. He added a number of viral strains to a party that already deep into science denial, conspiracy theories, and animus against immigrants. Also, no one forced him to take the disastrous course he did with covid -- had he instituted strong policies with respect for the medical profession, he could have brought the base with him.

Trump is guilty of every crime both moral and legal that he committed. He made the US worse that it has been since the Civil War. But this is his movement. We saw how desperate the alt-right minority was in 2012 with the primary. The movement has been growing since the Southern Strategy. Trump was lucky and able to monetize it for himself, but this movement will shit Trump out in a moment... much like they abandoned Fox News.

Again, Trump is the symptom, not the virus. The right-wing has suffered a collective partisan stroke. They are choosing illness and even death, they are that far gone in matters of partisanship.

Yep. The national party leadership should be loudly repeating what Mr. Richer is saying about the election in that letter. But they aren't. It is the same with all of the baseless conspiracy theories that have become the bread and butter of the GOP. The truthers, birthers, chemtrailers, anti-vaccers used to be out in the wilderness, a blend of anti-establishment left and right. Trump united them under the Republican flag and McConnel et al. have just rolled over and welcomed them in. Go into any forum and debunk one of the popular conspiracy theories and you are instantly labelled a "libtard shill". They accuse you of trying to "censor" conservative viewpoints. It is appalling that now anti-vaccine disinformation is now accepted by many to be "conservative speech".

This is too funny. Arizona GOP audit delayed after Cyber Ninjas members contract COVID-19.
TheHill.com said:
“The team expected to have the full draft ready for the Senate today, but unfortunately Cyber Ninjas CEO Doug Logan and two other members of the five-person audit team have tested positive for COVID-19 and are quite sick,” Arizona Senate President Karen Fann said in a statement.

I guess they couldn't find evidence of fraud. Why can't release it electronically to the senate president?

Back
Top Bottom