• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

2023 State Of The Union Address

Look at the number shot vs the time they took.
What are those numbers time? How do they all plot? Have you done the work?
How is it relevant to mitigating American gun mayhem? Laws against large congregations needed, to limit targets?
It's relevant because it shows that the proposed solution isn't going to accomplish much. The left is using mass shootings to promote their gun-banning narrative. It's about as honest as the people on the right that say sex ed causes abortion.

Chris Christie Scolds Republicans Heckling Biden at SOTU
In a panel on ABC’s This Week, George Stephanopoulos asked Christie if he thought Congressional Republicans made a “mistake” by yelling at Biden during his speech. The former governor agreed — calling it a “big mistake,” and saying “you don’t want to rise to the bait, and they did. A number of them did.”

“The better response would have been to respond to that with laughter,” said Christie. “If you really wanted to respond to the president saying something as ridiculous as the Republicans — because of what one Republican has said, Rick Scott (R-FL), which was immediately rejected by almost the entire rest the party — what they should have done was laughed at the president then, and moved on.”
Referring to cutting or privatizing Social Security and Medicare.
As for the uproar Biden caused in his initial remarks, Christie cast a dim view of the “yelling and screaming” from the GOP.

“I think that’s always bad,” Christie said. “It doesn’t get you anywhere, and it gave Joe Biden an opportunity to engage them back in a way that was spontaneous, that I think was probably the best part of his entire speech.”

Kevin McCarthy blasts Biden for 'goading' GOP with false claims at SOTU: 'He knew it was not true' | Fox News - "McCarthy responds on 'Fox & Friends' after GOP members erupt at Biden's Social Security, Medicare claims"

GOP divided over whether heckling Biden hurts them | The Hill

About Republicans wanting to cut Social Security...
“He started off, I thought, wonderfully. … But then you can’t stand up there and blatantly lie,” Rep. Lisa McClain (R-Mich.) said. “So as much as I wish we had had more decorum, OK, you are instigating that behavior. So it starts with the leader.”

Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) also put the blame on Biden.

“The president was trying to goad the members, and the members are passionate about it,” McCarthy said on Fox News Wednesday morning. “But the one thing that the president was saying was something that he knew was not true.”
Goad? What a weenie. He ought to look at his party's history of statements on the subject.
Rep. Garret Graves (R-La.) said while he thought the president deserves respect, he understands why some members found it difficult to “uphold decorum.”

“The office of the president deserves respect, period, agree or disagree,” he said.

“I got a little uneasy in my seat and pretty frustrated listening to some of the allegations that are just patently false,” Graves added.

Once the vocal pushback started, though, it didn’t stop. Later in the speech, some Republicans chanted “secure the border” and Rep. Andy Ogles (R-Tenn.) yelled “It’s your fault” when Biden mentioned fentanyl deaths.
Some R's thought that the heckling went too far.
“I think it’s important that proper decorum be addressed not only in the chamber, but everywhere we go. And we should hold ourselves to a higher ground,” said Rep. Dave Joyce (R-Ohio), chair of the more centrist Republican Governance Group. “That’s something we shouldn’t engage in, and we should at least show the respect that’s due and owed [to] the office of president when he comes to our chamber to speak.”

MTG stood and yelled "Liar!" when President Biden said that Republicans want to eliminate Social Security and Medicare.
“I let him know exactly how the people feel. I got more text messages last night and this morning than I did on my — probably winning both elections,” Greene told reporters outside the Capitol on Wednesday. “So, no, I have no regrets.”
KMC:
“We need to be smart,” he said. “Don’t take the bait.”
MTG:
“I wasn’t goaded into anything,” she said. “I was reacting based on how the American people feel. They’re fed up with President Biden. And I don’t have any problems with Speaker McCarthy; he’s doing a great job.”
During that event,
Multiple times, McCarthy appeared to be shushing his conference as they jeered Biden — gestures captured by the C-SPAN cameras for the public to see — and some moderate Republicans praised the Speaker for trying to keep his conference in order.

“Kevin McCarthy’s, I think he’s doing a great job of trying to be a statesman, stand above the fray,” moderate Rep. Don Bacon (R-Neb.) said. “I’ve been impressed with what he’s been doing since he won the Speaker’s fight on Jan. 7.”

MTG stood and yelled "Liar!" when President Biden said that Republicans want to eliminate Social Security and Medicare.
“I let him know exactly how the people feel. I got more text messages last night and this morning than I did on my — probably winning both elections,” Greene told reporters outside the Capitol on Wednesday. “So, no, I have no regrets.”
KMC:
“We need to be smart,” he said. “Don’t take the bait.”
MTG:
“I wasn’t goaded into anything,” she said. “I was reacting based on how the American people feel. They’re fed up with President Biden. And I don’t have any problems with Speaker McCarthy; he’s doing a great job.”
During that event,
Multiple times, McCarthy appeared to be shushing his conference as they jeered Biden — gestures captured by the C-SPAN cameras for the public to see — and some moderate Republicans praised the Speaker for trying to keep his conference in order.

“Kevin McCarthy’s, I think he’s doing a great job of trying to be a statesman, stand above the fray,” moderate Rep. Don Bacon (R-Neb.) said. “I’ve been impressed with what he’s been doing since he won the Speaker’s fight on Jan. 7.”
Hush, hush Sweet Marjie,
Marjie, don't you yap.
Hush , hush Sweet Marjie,
Oops, you fell into his trap.

from the follow-up GOP production to Marjorie Taylor -Green and Lauren Boebert
in "Whatever Happened to Lauren Boebbert?": theme song "Brawling in the Girls' Room"

Biden himself was in no way exhibiting mental decline like the nut job media keep insisting.
Last year I had a quite an experience having to deal with a "patient" with mental decline. I had not had any experience prior to that. So, the most surprising thing to me was that they can appear perfectly normal sometimes - having some meaningful conversation. In reality, they are complete nuts incapable of understanding anything which is not already in their head.
Arguably Biden is not quite there yet, but, I see the symptoms.

Also, I have not heard his talk but I heard a different (from yours) opinion of his speech.
In any case, he just read what was written for him.

You see nothing. You do realize that Joe Biden had a very bad stutter in the past, no?
He has mostly overcome that with practice, but still sometimes has some trouble with words. Far right morons keep telling us these little slips demonstrat Biden is senile. He most certainly is not. And Biden is not stupid either. Such as Trump, Boobert, MTG and other low grade intellects in the U.S. government are.

And Putin's folly in Ukraine does not speak highly of Putin.

Back
Top Bottom