• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

2024 Presidential Election Campaigns

Don2 (Don1 Revised)

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
non-practicing agnostic
Well, it's that time again.

Wait, what?

It will be very shortly, just days from now politicians will start throwing hats in the ring to be President. The US has been transformed into a permanent politically divisive election campaign. There is no return from it.

So, who is throwing their hats in the ring in each Party first?

Here are my predictions:
Democrats -- Kamala Harris
Republicans -- Donald Trump whether he wins or loses 2020 but he won't admit it right away
Libertarians -- Vermin Supreme

Vermin Supreme retired, I think.

Oh man... Trump running again in 2024 if he lost this time around? In the right universe, that'd be a treat.

No, just no.

This election has been too stressful to start 2024 already.

:boom:

2024 presidential campaign will be going strong before 2020 votes are all counted

Thus, whether or not Biden wins, Democratic presidential hopefuls will go to work immediately.

Kamala Harris, whether she is vice president-elect or simply a U.S. senator, will be pointing for 2024.

Other senators in contention include New Jersey’s Cory Booker, Minnesota’s Amy Klobuchar, Colorado’s Michael Bennet, Virginia’s Tim Kaine and Massachusetts’ Elizabeth Warren.

Kaine may be less ambitious and flashy than his fellow senators, but is solid and has the experience of running a national campaign as Hillary Clinton’s running mate in 2016.

Add former Colorado governor John Hickenlooper to the list if he wins a senate seat in the 2020 election.

Lots of Democratic governors will be thinking about running, including Andy Beshear of Kentucky, Andrew Cuomo of New York, Jay Inslee of Washington state, Gavin Newsom of California, J. B. Pritzker of Illinois, and Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan.

Should North Carolina’s Governor Roy Cooper win a solid reelection victory, he could be in play as someone who could help Democrats win a competitive state in 2024.

There are many other prospects. Pete Buttigieg, former mayor of South Bend, Stacey Abrams, 2018 gubernatorial candidate in Georgia, and business leader Andrew Yang have, by their articulate and energetic campaigns, shown they can compete in any political race.

There will be more candidates and lots of good competition, but I predict the Democratic nominee in 2024 will be Kamala Harris.

On the Republican side, a group of Mikes will compete. Vice President Mike Pence will start out at the top of the prospects list, closely followed by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Ohio Governor Mike DeWine.

There is a covey of U.S. senators including Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee, Tom Cotton of Arkansas, Ted Cruz of Texas, Josh Hawley of Missouri, Mike Lee of Utah, Marco Rubio of Florida, Ben Sasse of Nebraska, Rick Scott of Florida and Tim Scott of South Carolina.

In addition to DeWine, other governors will compete, including, Greg Abbott of Texas, Ron DeSantis of Florida, Larry Hogan of Maryland, and Nikki Haley of South Carolina, a former governor and ambassador to the United Nations.

Other possibilities include Paul Ryan, a former House speaker, and former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie.

Then there are Ivanka and Donald Jr., and maybe other Trump family members who could claim the crown.

My prediction for the Republican nominee in 2024 is Mike Pompeo. He has military, legislative and foreign policy credentials to go along with a record of loyalty to Trump.

So, there you have it. In 2024, Kamala Harris and Mike Pompeo will win their party’s nomination and square off against each other in the general election.

Emphasis added,

If Biden wins, Harris v Haley/Cheney. *mic drop*

My four year out predictions have only been wrong every time, so statistics are on my side for actually calling it correctly for a change.

Well, it's that time again.

Wait, what?

It will be very shortly, just days from now politicians will start throwing hats in the ring to be President. The US has been transformed into a permanent politically divisive election campaign. There is no return from it.

So, who is throwing their hats in the ring in each Party first?

Here are my predictions:
Republicans -- Donald Trump whether he wins or loses 2020 but he won't admit it right away
Libertarians -- Vermin Supreme

There is talk of Ted Cruz.
Rumors of Jared Kushner.
Possibility of Mitt Romney.

And dozens of far right extremist cracks and wingnuts.

I think it's best to get the 2016 election out of the way before planning for 2024.

So we are pretty sure Biden (if he wins) is a one and done then?
Of course, if Biden/Harris loses that will destroy Kamala's chances for 2024. Losing running mates have usually not fared well in next primaries. Besides, she stumbled horribly when she ran in the primaries. Without the boost from being Veep, I don't see her getting sufficiently better.

I don't see him pulling a Grover. He will probably not be healthy enough to run anyway. More likely he will try to push Ivanka 2024.

Sean Hannity vs. Kamala. How long, really, before one of these right wing media gas bags makes the big run? Built-in audience, ready-made spiel. It's gonna happen.

I would 100% support a law curtailing the "campaign season".

You could pass laws about official campaigning, but you can't really police rampant speculation, especially on the Internet.

No campaign donations til the January before the election. Punishment if caught: disqualification as a candidate.

SCOTUS is more indelibly conservative now than the court that gave us Citizens United. (And I'm one who thinks that packing the court has horrible unintended consequences for Dems.)

The Republicans will quit playing games and simply have Satan run openly.

It's the party primaries that I find most obnoxious.

The fixed four-year election cycle means that the parties have the luxury of engaging in a drawn-out public free-for-all among the party's most ambitious wannabes, including televised debates, just to decide which one will be allowed to represent the party in the actual election.

Back
Top Bottom