• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

40% of Americans Can't Name VP Candidates

Cheerful Charlie

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/40-percent-americans-vp-candidates/story?id=42497013

Ahead of the first and only vice presidential debate of the 2016 race, more than 40 percent of Americans cannot name the vice presidential nominee of either major party.
ABC News together with our partners at SSRS survey research firm asked an online opinion panel about the upcoming debate between Republican Gov. Mike Pence and Democratic Sen. Tim Kaine, which takes places Tuesday at Longwood University in Farmville, Virginia.
Asked to identify Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton's running mates, 41 percent of respondents could not correctly name the GOP's vice presidential nominee and 46 percent were unsure of the name of the Democratic vice presidential nominee.

-----

The ignorance! It burns! I hope this 40% just stays home election day.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/40-percent-americans-vp-candidates/story?id=42497013

Ahead of the first and only vice presidential debate of the 2016 race, more than 40 percent of Americans cannot name the vice presidential nominee of either major party.
ABC News together with our partners at SSRS survey research firm asked an online opinion panel about the upcoming debate between Republican Gov. Mike Pence and Democratic Sen. Tim Kaine, which takes places Tuesday at Longwood University in Farmville, Virginia.
Asked to identify Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton's running mates, 41 percent of respondents could not correctly name the GOP's vice presidential nominee and 46 percent were unsure of the name of the Democratic vice presidential nominee.

-----

How many undecided voters are there? Presumably, if you already know who you are going to vote for, little details like who will be VP might just pass you by.

What percentage of the other 60% give a shit about them?

Hell, I've been 1 month out of port on a submarine, halfway through a president's term, and 80% of the crew couldn't name the Vice President who was currently in office. But, you know, it's not like it's important information or something...

The only VP candidate in recent memory with name recognition was Palin, for all the wrong reasons.

me for one.

I like Tim Kaine, and think he will be a good VP for HRC

Mike Pence, otoh, scares me almost as much as Donald Trump. Pence is a religious nutcase. And since if Trump actually won, Pence would actually be running the country - I don't know which of them is worse.

When I read the thread title, it didn't show the "candidates" part and I assumed you meant Joe Biden, which would be weird for Americans to not know, even 40% percent of us. But the candidates' VPs are kind of forgettable, at least right now with an orange wind sock and a female taking all the attention.

me for one.

I like Tim Kaine, and think he will be a good VP for HRC

Mike Pence, otoh, scares me almost as much as Donald Trump. Pence is a religious nutcase. And since if Trump actually won, Pence would actually be running the country - I don't know which of them is worse.

This is true. Pence is so far right, he'd be a danger to America if elected. He's truly ufit for the office.

When I read the thread title, it didn't show the "candidates" part and I assumed you meant Joe Biden, which would be weird for Americans to not know, even 40% percent of us. But the candidates' VPs are kind of forgettable, at least right now with an orange wind sock and a female taking all the attention.

Six years ago only 59% of poll respondents knew who Joe Biden was.

Doesn't seem impossibly farfetched for the number to have declined in the interim.... :cheeky:

Oh my god. I weep for America. :(

The only VP candidate in recent memory with name recognition was Palin, for all the wrong reasons.
My how soon they forget. Dan Quayle.
Quayle was a simpleton, for sure. But Palin was a monster that passed the afterbirth, to be known as the Tea Party from her loins. A firebrand who didn't know shit about anything. A person so clueless, it is understandable that people can't tell the Sarah Palin and Tina Fey version of Sarah Palin from one another.

28 years ago doesn't qualify as "recent memory", and Quayle was a complete unknown until AFTER he got bitch-slapped in the debate. And even then, most people only knew him as "not Jack Kennedy".

28 years ago doesn't qualify as "recent memory", and Quayle was a complete unknown until AFTER he got bitch-slapped in the debate. And even then, most people only knew him as "not Jack Kennedy".
I was in 6th Grade that election and I thought in the debate he brought up god way too often (I wasn't an atheist). But the Potatoe thing was even a hit among grade schoolerse.

Back
Top Bottom