• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A day without stupid?

Lofty ideas only work if they're unanimous? So, any ideal drifting away from "humans have at least one pulse" or "body temperature of 98.6 plus or minus 30 degrees," maybe "at least 75 bones," is disproven?
Wait'll the guys in the Philosophy Dept. hear about this.

You're missing the point. The whole idea with democracy is that individual citizens get to follow their own ideals and values. That's what we like about democracy. There's no, from above, imposed thoughts to think.

His statement is fundamentaly an anti-democratic statement.

You have a very strange idea of the definition of democracy.

Guy at the supermarket was predicting that if the Dems impeach, they will lose seats in the midterms.
I couldn't help asking, "So, you think actions should have consequences?"
"Damn straight!" he replied.
His buddy started tugging his sleeve. "Tom, maybe don't go there."

Lofty ideas only work if they're unanimous? So, any ideal drifting away from "humans have at least one pulse" or "body temperature of 98.6 plus or minus 30 degrees," maybe "at least 75 bones," is disproven?
Wait'll the guys in the Philosophy Dept. hear about this.

You're missing the point. The whole idea with democracy is that individual citizens get to follow their own ideals and values. That's what we like about democracy. There's no, from above, imposed thoughts to think.

Have you forgotten that the “ideal” of these individuals is to overthrow a democratically elected government? What we like about democracy is that it’s not OK to do that, i.e. as Biden said, “that’s not who we are” as a nation.

I think we’re all wasting our keystrokes with you. I know I’m done.

I'm sorry but you are now incoherent. None of that made any sense

Nope.

Your cherished misinterpretation of the intent is. But his isn't.

Toodles.

I get the intent. It's supposed to be inspirational. Nonsense fluff that sounds good. But what he's saying is that Americans aren't free to think their own thoughts. I know that's not what he means. But it is what he is saying.

Trump’s farewell tour includes border wall stop at Alamo, Texas, on Tuesday

Eight days before reluctantly leaving office, President Donald Trump will visit the border in South Texas on Tuesday to tout partial construction of the massive wall he promised to deliver – far more than critics wanted, far less than he wanted, and none it funded by Mexico.

Not the actual Alamo but still, how tone deaf do you have to be? And if the raging narcissist wants to compare his current predicament as a last last stand, I suggest Little Bighorn as a more apt parallel.

Eight days before reluctantly leaving office, President Donald Trump will visit the border in South Texas on Tuesday to tout partial construction of the massive wall he promised to deliver – far more than critics wanted, far less than he wanted, and none it funded by Mexico.

Not the actual Alamo but still, how tone deaf do you have to be?
"I stand here, at the Alamo rental booth of the Reagan Airport...."

Not the actual Alamo but still, how tone deaf do you have to be?
"I stand here, at the Alamo rental booth of the Reagan Airport...."

I believe nowadays that's called "Rudy-ing it up"

With so much beer holding, no one knows who is holding whose beers. Melania steps up to the plate.

*starts violin*
Poor Ole Melania Trump said:
I am disappointed and disheartened with what happened last week. I find it shameful that surrounding these tragic events there has been salacious gossip, unwarranted personal attacks, and false misleading accusations on me — from people who are looking to be relevant and have an agenda. This time is solely about healing our country and its citizens. It should not be used for personal gain.
Oh Melania... the most people spoke about you last weak was about a photo op. Otherwise, we didn't give a fuck that you even existed. People died, your husband (or his third wife) wanted to incite them more. That was what we cared about, you shallow person.

This insurrection was awful, but what I find even worse was that someone over cooked my steak to well done!

With so much beer holding, no one knows who is holding whose beers. Melania steps up to the plate.

*starts violin*
I am disappointed and disheartened with what happened last week. I find it shameful that surrounding these tragic events there has been salacious gossip, unwarranted personal attacks, and false misleading accusations on me — from people who are looking to be relevant and have an agenda. This time is solely about healing our country and its citizens. It should not be used for personal gain.
Oh Melania... the most people spoke about you last weak was about a photo op. Otherwise, we didn't give a fuck that you even existed. People died, your husband (or his third wife) wanted to incite them more. That was what we cared about, you shallow person.

This insurrection was awful, but what I find even worse was that someone over cooked my steak to well done!

"should not be used for personal gain"--you, Madame Trump, given who how you've led your life, and given the family you belong to, are hardly one to be whining about what should not be done for personal gain.

*starts violin*

It's an interesting statement in the sense that it says absolutely nothing. You can interpret that from whatever angle you want. Pointless.

It's an interesting statement in the sense that it says absolutely nothing. You can interpret that from whatever angle you want. Pointless.

Presuming you're referring to Melania's statement, that's not really true.

A Trump is abjectly begging to change the subject from her husband's criminal behavior and talk about unity and healing.
It's a blatant attempt to dodge responsibility for the very recent history.
Tom

Voice of America CEO Accused Of Fraud, Misuse Of Office All In One Week

Fresh crises and fresh challenges confront the Trump-appointed CEO of the parent of Voice of America, even with less than two weeks left of the Trump presidency.

To start, the Attorney General of the District of Columbia this week accused U.S. Agency for Global Media CEO Michael Pack of illegally funneling more than $4 million to his private documentary company through a not-for-profit that he also controls.

Then, five recent chiefs of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - appointed under Democratic and Republican administrations - jointly warned President-elect Joe Biden that Pack poses "a long-term threat to the credibility and professionalism of the five networks" he oversees.

And now Pack is now being accused of trying to propagandize the Voice of America by a group of whistleblowers. They take exception to a planned appearance by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo at VOA's Washington headquarters on Monday, just nine days before the Biden administration begins.

Pompeo will soon be out of his job. And it's expected Pack will be replaced promptly as well. But he has sought to outlast his time in office by burrowing himself and conservative allies into boards that will steer Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, Radio Free Asia, and the Middle East Broadcasting Networks. The not-for-profit broadcasters are all funded by the federal government through USAGM.

The $3,000-a-month toilet for the Ivanka Trump/Jared Kushner Secret Service detail

Many U.S. Secret Service agents have stood guard in Washington’s elite Kalorama neighborhood, home over the years to Cabinet secretaries and former presidents. Those agents have had to worry about death threats, secure perimeters and suspicious strangers. But with the arrival of Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, they had a new worry: finding a toilet.

Instructed not to use any of the half-dozen bathrooms inside the couple’s house, the Secret Service detail assigned to President Trump’s daughter and son-in-law spent months searching for a reliable restroom to use on the job, according to neighbors and law enforcement officials. After resorting to a porta-potty, as well as bathrooms at the nearby home of former president Barack Obama and the not-so-nearby residence of Vice President Pence, the agents finally found a toilet to call their own.

But it came at a cost to U.S. taxpayers. Since September 2017, the federal government has been spending $3,000 a month — more than $100,000 to date — to rent a basement studio, with a bathroom, from a neighbor of the Kushner family.

Fucking cunts.

I think part of the impeachment should include having to pay for all future Secret Service protection detail.

Back
Top Bottom