• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A Successful Coup Against Trump Will Murder American Democracy

The fake impeachment effort

Do as these fucktards are pathetically, ironically, hilariously-were-it-not-for-the-consequences instructing you to do:

View attachment 24769

Slaves voting for their favorite master.

They (and the rest of us) were (and are) slaves long before the arrival of Trump. Trump represents Moses to them though, he is leading them out of the wilderness.

Trump is an imperfect instrument I do agree with that. But their slavery is real and the middle class is going to do whatever they can to shed their bondage of corporate globalism and the deep state military complex. This has only begun.

The democrats could easily capture those voters if they cared. But they would rather just win elections by importing new constituents.

Imperfect instrument?!

He is an amoral narcissist who cares for nothing but himself. That people are following him is an indication of just how misinformed these people have become.

These people think globalization is getting shoved back in the bottle are deluded and misinformed. The US produces more today than at any other time in our history. It isn’t globalism that has killed all of the jobs. Machines and efficiency has killed many.

They (and the rest of us) were (and are) slaves long before the arrival of Trump. Trump represents Moses to them though, he is leading them out of the wilderness.

Trump is an imperfect instrument I do agree with that. But their slavery is real and the middle class is going to do whatever they can to shed their bondage of corporate globalism and the deep state military complex. This has only begun.

The democrats could easily capture those voters if they cared. But they would rather just win elections by importing new constituents.

The only way to get those guys back is to embrace Nationalism, guns, and religion. Nuts to all three...

The only way to get those guys back is to embrace Nationalism, guns, and religion. Nuts to all three...
Thats just what the media and most of the democrates would have you believe. All the middle class really want is:

1. Stop the flood of cheap labor pouring into the country, driving down wages. Stop China in their tracks. These are 2 sides to the same coin.

2. Stop the stupid wars, stop the meddling everywhere in the world, and put an ax to the military complex.

Of all the democrats, only Warren sort of gets it. And she would be the only one who I would give a chance against Trump next time around.

Thats just what the media and most of the democrates would have you believe. All the middle class really want is:

1. Stop the flood of cheap labor pouring into the country, driving down wages. Stop China in their tracks. These are 2 sides to the same coin.

2. Stop the stupid wars, stop the meddling everywhere in the world, and put an ax to the military complex.

Of all the democrats, only Warren sort of gets it. And she would be the only one who I would give a chance against Trump next time around.

I don't get this at all. Trump does not want wages to rise. And he allocates more money to the Pentagon than they request.

I don't get this at all. Trump does not want wages to rise. And he allocates more money to the Pentagon than they request.

But then steals it for his wall....

All the middle class really want is:

1. Stop the flood of cheap labor pouring into the country, driving down wages.

That would not be the “middle class;” that would be the working poor and they would be dead wrong; no wages are being driven down by immigration.

Stop China in their tracks. These are 2 sides to the same coin.

Then these are hopelessly ignorant people you imagine exist in the middle class, because what “tracks”? Once again, you seem to be referring to the working poor, not the middle class.

Trump has only escalated “stupid wars” and “meddling everywhere in the world”—in large part by giving so many gifts to Putin that the next POTUS will be forced to “meddle” even more—and has done nothing but bloat the “military complex.”

Who the fuck are you talking to that is this profoundly ignorant of what is going on?

That would not be the “middle class;” that would be the working poor and they would be dead wrong; no wages are being driven down by immigration.
Its just a simple fact of economics. Higher supply of labor equals lower wages. And thats lower wages for all labor.

Then these are hopelessly ignorant people you imagine exist in the middle class, because what “tracks”? Once again, you seem to be referring to the working poor, not the middle class.
The people working in manufacturing making between $100k - $160K/yr. It would certainly not be a great wage for an elite 1% person like yourself. But is enough to generally support a family of 4 with 1 wage earner in a low cost of living area. I call them middle class, but admittedly they would be working poor in greater San Francisco or New York City.

Trump has only escalated “stupid wars” and “meddling everywhere in the world”—in large part by giving so many gifts to Putin that the next POTUS will be forced to “meddle” even more—and has done nothing but bloat the “military complex.”
And which war would that be that he has started? Which country has he bombed out of existance? I'm sorry, but I don't remember Trump starting an Iraq or Afganistan war for some reason.
Who the fuck are you talking to that is this profoundly ignorant of what is going on?
The democrats and other elites in Washington who think we are all profoundly interested in racism, identity politics, abortion, feminism, how to part their hair properly, and how to give a good speech with style and class. They are the ones who will totally miss out on voters in the rust belt who would like someone to represent them next time around.

The fake impeachment effort against Trump will set a serious and harmful precedent to our democracy.

That's why there's a real impeachment as provided for in Article II of the US Constitution. If you have a problem with that provision, you need to elect more Lindsey "Windsock" Graham-types, who only apply constitutional limits to power when it is held by Democrats.
Failure to impeach will do far greater and longer lasting harm to our "democracy" than allowing presidents to bribe or extort foreign heads of State into manufacturing dirt on political opponents.

Jesus Fucking Tapdancing CHRIST.
Please describe for us the alternate universe where Republicans would accept from a Democrat Pres. what we're supposed to stomach from this orange asshat. Republicans would've impeached on the Stormy Daniels payoff alone. McTurtle's neck wattles would be swaying back & forth in outrage. Lindsey G. would be turning shades of beet, marachino, and honeycrisp apple as he told us that impeachment is meant as a 'cleansing.'
MURDERING DEMOCRACY? Sweet fancy Moses -- do you mean murdering, as in...
> Voter suppression?
> The effect of the electoral college, in contravening the will of the voters? (Twice in the last 20 years)
> Trump saying, in August, to an audience of young adults: "Then I have Article 2, which lets me do whatever I want as President"?
> Trump's lawyers insisting that a sitting president cannot be the object of a criminal investigation - no matter what?
> Trump's WH issuing a statement that they have decided not to comply with any House requests in the impeachment inquiry?
Yeah, I know the electoral college is constitutional. It's a method of democratic suicide, so it doesn't really count as murder, I s'pose.

Its just a simple fact of economics.

No, it actually isn't.

Higher supply of labor equals lower wages.

Higher supply of equally skilled labor might result in lower wages, but immigrants to this country fill jobs no American--not even the poor ones--will take.

And thats lower wages for all labor.

Demonstrably wrong, so, no. Again.

The people working in manufacturing making between $100k - $160K/yr.

So you're talking about the managerial class, not positions that would be in any way threatened or impacted by immigrant workers.

It would certainly not be a great wage for an elite 1% person like yourself.

:rolleyes: I am nowhere near the 1%. My wife and I combined--living in New York City no less--make $150k, so I am whom you are referring.

I call them middle class

So do I, which has NOTHING to do with immigrant labor and in no way shape or form do immigrants threaten my job security or lower my wages, nor would that be an issue with anyone making that kind of money in managerial positions at a factory or anyone working in the actual positions that might be threatened, because the immigrants that come here generally don't have those kinds of skills.

So what you're really referring to is unskilled labor. If you can find an unskilled laborer making $160K per year, I'd love to meet them.

But even if they did, so what? American capitalism is based on open competition, remember, so all that you are ultimately arguing about is someone having to do better at their job in order to keep it.

In your head, of course, you're imagining that companies are deliberately importing ringers with equal skill sets to take over jobs because American workers are paid too much and immigrants will accept lower pay, but of course that's not going on. Once here, they would also need to be making a living wage, just like any other American.

What's actually going on is that corporations are moving their manufacturing components to countries where the cost of living is far lower and they can hire unskilled workers for pennies on the dollar, because unskilled American workers can't afford to live on the wages that workers in these other countries can.

But that has nothing to do with immigration policy and everything to do with Corporate policy, which is regulated by Congress. Gee, where does that lead us to next?

And which war would that be that he has started?

Nice strawman. As to the escalation I actually referred to, start here: Trump's Endless Wars and here (where you'll note that Trump almost doubled the number of drone strikes from Obama's entire two terms in just Trump's first year).

Which country has he bombed out of existance?

Which country has any country bombed out of "existance"?

I'm sorry, but I don't remember Trump starting an Iraq or Afganistan war for some reason.

I'm sorry, but I don't remember arguing that he did and yet in spite of that he's increased US air strikes in Afghanistan and still not pulled out and many fear he's doing precisely that with China, Syria and Iran, while also basically giving NATO allies up to Putin. So, another far worse way of escalating "stupid wars" and the "meddling everywhere in the world."

The democrats and other elites in Washington

Oh, I didn't realize you lived in Washington and talked to the "elites." :rolleyes:

They are the ones who will totally miss out on voters in the rust belt who would like someone to represent them next time around.

Ahh, the voters in the rust belt, like the ones who went back to blue in 2018? Or the ones who:

From January to September, the states bordering the Great Lakes have lost more than 25,000 manufacturing jobs: Pennsylvania lost 8,100; Ohio lost 6,000; Michigan lost 6,500; and Wisconsin lost 4,700.
Manufacturing activity across the country has contracted for three months, according to closely watched ISM data. In the Midwest, the slowdown has been more severe. The Chicago Purchasing Managers Index shows backlogs dropping to a level touched briefly four years ago but last sustained during the financial crisis.

Or the ones who currently back pretty much any of the top three Dems over Trump?

Polling released last month by Priorities USA, the largest Democratic super PAC, found a generic Democratic candidate leading Trump in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Florida by 9 points overall.

Priorities USA said that if the election were held today, the three Rust Belt states would flip back to the Democratic column, giving the party’s nominee a 279-259 victory in the Electoral College.

In Michigan, which Trump won by just over 10,000 votes in 2016, the polls appear to be moving against the president.

In a March survey, Firehouse-Optimus had Trump running neck and neck with Biden and Sanders, leading both by a slim 46-45 margin.

But surveys released since then have found Trump trailing in the Wolverine State, with a Glengariff Group public opinion poll released Tuesday by The Detroit News finding Biden and Sanders over the 50 percent mark and leading Trump by 12 points.

That survey also found South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Sens. Elizabeth Warren (Mass.) and Kamala Harris (Calif.) with modest leads in head-to-head match-ups with the president.

An Emerson College survey found Biden ahead by 8 points in Michigan also revealed that 52 percent of respondents there said they are very unlikely to vote for Trump, compared with 37 percent who said they are very likely to vote for him.

Meanwhile, Democrats won sweeping victories across Wisconsin in 2018, led by Gov. Tony Evers, who ousted former Gov. Scott Walker (R).

Nearly every early poll of the Badger State has found the top Democratic contenders with a lead over Trump, who carried Wisconsin by fewer than 25,000 votes over Hillary Clinton in 2016.

An Emerson College survey found Biden leading Trump 54-46. A Firehouse-Optimus survey put Biden up by 13 points and Sanders up by 7. Zogby Analytics has Biden up by 10 points. The Republican polling outlet WPA Intelligence is the only firm to find Trump with a lead over Biden, showing him with a 46-42 advantage.

Trump is perhaps polling the weakest in Pennsylvania.

An Emerson College survey finds Biden and Sanders each leading Trump by 10 points in the Keystone State.

The latest survey from Quinnipiac University Poll found Biden with an 11-point lead in Pennsylvania, boosted by a 14-point advantage among independents, a 24-point lead among women and a 43-point advantage among nonwhite voters.

The economy seems as if it should be giving Trump a boost in Pennsylvania. Fifty-four percent of voters in the state said they’re better off financially than they were in 2016 and 71 percent described the economy as “excellent” or “good.”

But GOP pollster David Winston said Trump’s tariffs have injected volatility into the markets and have negatively impacted voters’ otherwise rosy views of the economy.

“There’s a sense of uncertainty,” Winston said. “Trump needs to reestablish a clear sense that the economy is headed in the right direction and until he does, these surveys will be soft for him and I suspect that’s what we’re seeing in these swing state polls.”

Several other problem spots have materialized for Trump across the map, underscored by his surprising polling weakness in Texas and North Carolina.

The president carried Iowa by nearly 10 points in 2016, but an Emerson poll from March found Biden ahead by 6 points.

And Trump won Arizona by 3 1/2 percentage points in 2016, but an OH Predictive Insights survey found Biden leading there by 5 points.

It's early, of course, but combined with what just happened in Virginia and Kentucky following on the heels of the 2018 tsunami--and the fact that Trump is being impeached--you might want to "talk" to your elite friends again in Washington and find out what they've been smoking.

Last edited:
All the middle class really want is:

Obama did all of this in his very first term.. and then kept doing it even better throughout both of his terms.
Trump, in a mad scramble to undo anything that Obama did as quickly as possible, recreated those problems himself... except he hasn't figured out how to solve them like Obama did, so those problems are still back.

Trump would have done a really great job, except his cabinet got invaded by republican never-trumpers that are doing everything they can to make him fail. There's no getting anything done now without a complete wipe.. even if it is a complete turnover to the Dems. At least we agree with like 80% of what they want. Better than the nothing we are getting with Trump's split cabinet that is just working against itself.

And get rid of computers and automation!

Back
Top Bottom