• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Abbas doesn't want a peace deal

Shouldn't Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip be considered a completely separate entity than the Fatah-ruled West Bank? I know the two regions are de jure a single State of Palestine but Gaza is de facto an independent state ruled by destructive extremists.

It doesn't make sense to me to hold the West Bank Palestinians accountable for the shit that goes down in the Gaza Strip.

Which is why I favor an objective of a three-state solution rather than a two-state solution. Treat them as two separate states.

That doesn't change the problem that Abbas is unwilling and unable (to do so would be treason) compromise on the right of return.

- - - Updated - - -

So, do you also agree that Israel really doesn't want peace since it issues demands that they know the representatives of the Palestinian people cannot agree to?

And what demands are those?

The Palestinians *COULD* agree to the existence of Israel. Their unwillingness to do so has to do with the fact that they don't seek coexistence in the first place.

Israel can't agree on the right of return, that would be suicide.

Loren: I don't need to show you anything. Have you ever heard of Budrus? Israel is continuing to build "settlements" in the West Bank and also in East Jerusalem. They are continuing to evict Arabs from their homes. You are plain blowing smoke. You can see the IDF at work in the West Bank on television. Maybe you ought to watch a little TV.

Loren: I don't need to show you anything. Have you ever heard of Budrus? Israel is continuing to build "settlements" in the West Bank and also in East Jerusalem. They are continuing to evict Arabs from their homes. You are plain blowing smoke. You can see the IDF at work in the West Bank on television. Maybe you ought to watch a little TV.

They are continuing to build buildings in those areas, not settlements. The borders aren't changing.

As for evictions--got some evidence? That is, beyond the court cases where the Jews have been reclaiming property in "East Jerusalem" (there is no such city, it's simply the part of Jerusalem the Arabs seized and cleansed in 48.)

As for watching TV--you're mostly seeing things staged by the Palestinians. The reporters are in on it.

Back
Top Bottom