• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Abu Hajaar had a bad day

Yeah, that was my thought, also. Rolling keeps you as low as possible while moving.

A low crawl is better since you're not exposing the length of your body, but they were probably afraid of catching a 7.62x54 in the butt

That would depend on what sort of cover you have. He had none, thus what benefit is there to a low crawl?

A low crawl is better since you're not exposing the length of your body, but they were probably afraid of catching a 7.62x54 in the butt

That would depend on what sort of cover you have. He had none, thus what benefit is there to a low crawl?
If you're crawling away from a distant enemy you minimise your vertical and horizontal angular size to a potential sniper. Rolling along away from the enemy and you're pretty much the same sized target as walking or running away.

My guess is because he was badly injured that rolling was the easiest option he had.

Their opponents were just as incompetent: the Iraqi shia "security forces" that ran at first sight of trouble and left them caches of American weapons as a parting gift.

Hang in there, Abu, you'll do better next time... oh right.

Having spoken to Iraqis, what I've been told is that the fundametal problem was that the Iraqi Army wasn't really an army but a complex system of graft and corruption. Not surprisingly, they ran even though they probably could have held their ground.

If you're crawling away from a distant enemy you minimise your vertical and horizontal angular size to a potential sniper. Rolling along away from the enemy and you're pretty much the same sized target as walking or running away.

My guess is because he was badly injured that rolling was the easiest option he had.

That's assuming he's moving directly away from the fire rather than simply away from the combat area.

Their opponents were just as incompetent: the Iraqi shia "security forces" that ran at first sight of trouble and left them caches of American weapons as a parting gift.

Hang in there, Abu, you'll do better next time... oh right.

Having spoken to Iraqis, what I've been told is that the fundametal problem was that the Iraqi Army wasn't really an army but a complex system of graft and corruption. Not surprisingly, they ran even though they probably could have held their ground.

Which Iraqi Army? The folks who actually had training were pushed out of power by the post-Saddam government. The security forces who were established after essentially had on-the-job training and no combat experience.

That's assuming he's moving directly away from the fire rather than simply away from the combat area.

Well considering their shots were going toward the direction the truck was facing, and their attempted escape was away from that direction we can at least conclude the direction of movement isn't orthogonal to the source of the shots.

Back
Top Bottom