• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Afghan "train, advise and assist" 1984 style

Oh, shit, I just nudged the "IsLaM iS nOt A rAcE" button on my way past...

Well, it isn't. No matter how much you Islamophiles want to tar anybody who dares criticize the so-called "religion of peace" with the term "racist" ...

The US is a violent terrorist nation that has started several major wars in the last 60 years.

It has killed millions of people deliberately.

No American has any right to talk about peace.

Oh, shit, I just nudged the "IsLaM iS nOt A rAcE" button on my way past...

Well, it isn't. No matter how much you Islamophiles want to tar anybody who dares criticize the so-called "religion of peace" with the term "racist" ...

You can criticise Islam all you like. But when you characterise immigrants from certain countries or regions as fundamentalist Muslims, just because some of their countrymen hold those stupid beliefs; And when you oppose immigration from those countries and regions for fear that fundamentalist Muslims might be amongst them, while ignoring that many of them are specifically fleeing from fundamentalist Islam; And when you do this without ever hinting that other countries should resile from admitting "invaders" from the USA on the basis that fundamentalist Christians or right-wing terrorists might be amongst them, then you are being racist, whether you admit it or not, and indeed whether you know it or not.

And when you persist in posting cartoonish memes of the most extreme individuals from those countries, as a part of an ongoing campaign to denigrate every person who shares a national origin with them, you are being a racist cunt - even if you are genuinely too stupid to realise it.

What the hell does that mean?

Deluded Christian fundamentalists are who Republicans try to appease.

You know, anti-science book burners.

So you think the $2T we frittered away in Afghanistan teaching tribesmen to be feminists was money well spent?

I was against it when GW on his own changed the mission to nation building.

I thought GW was the most criminal incompetent president in history, but along came Trump.

How low will the Republicans go?

You and I agree on something.

I just had to point that out.
Tom

So you think the $2T we frittered away in Afghanistan teaching tribesmen to be feminists was money well spent?

Well, the poetry is at least better than Vogon poetry...

Well, the poetry is at least better than Vogon poetry...

Given that a sizable fraction of that money went to poor American families (via the pay packets of military personnel), it probably was money well spent.

The US has long avoided bloody revolution over the lack of support for her poor, by inefficiently and stealthily supporting them through military recruitment.

Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me, (with big yawning)
As plurdled gabbleblotchits, in midsummer morning
On a lurgid bee,
That mordiously hath blurted out,
Its earted jurtles, grumbling

Graham says US 'will be going back' to Afghanistan | TheHill
Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.), a leading Republican voice on foreign policy matters, predicted during an interview with the BBC on Monday that the United States “will be going back into Afghanistan” to quell what he predicts will be a growing terrorist threat.

Graham is skeptical of President Biden’s pledge that the threat posed by the Islamic State affiliate based in Afghanistan and other militant groups can be kept in check with an “over the horizon” approach that relies heavily on drone air strikes.

“We will be going back into Afghanistan,” Graham predicted. “We’ll have to because the threat will be so large.”
All I can say is: not again. In fact, "Polls show little public appetite for sending a large force back to Afghanistan."

The Damage Report on Twitter: "“This is because when you invade and occupy and deliberately pit warring religious factions against each other, as the United States army did in Iraq, ISIS is what happens.”
@Franifio on @LindseyGrahamSC discussing ‘going back’ to #Afghanistan (vid link)" / Twitter

Francesca Fiorentini a Damage Report / Young Turks guest

She said that both militant Islamists and US weapons contractors benefit from Middle Eastern strife, almost as if they are on the same side.

The US is a violent terrorist nation that has started several major wars in the last 60 years.

That is nonsense.
But if you hate US so much, and like Islamism as much as you hate America, why don't you move to a place like Afghanistan or Iran?
hqdefault.jpg
I mean, all you are doing on here is bitching about how much America sucks. You would be happier elsewhere ...

It has killed millions of people deliberately.
Yawn - people die in wars.

No American has any right to talk about peace.
That is nonsense as well - we as Americans have freedom of speech.

That is nonsense.
But if you hate US so much, and like Islamism as much as you hate America, why don't you move to a place like Afghanistan or Iran?

That's what fascists say.

"If you don't like our fascism then leave."

It is a fact the US has been a sick violent menace for decades.

It attacked Vietnam to try to maintain an imperial colony. Then attacked Cambodia and Laos because it was not easy.

It attacked Iraq to try to control oil.

Yawn - people die in wars.

Sociopathic apathy is everywhere in violent fascistic terrorist nations.

I served four years in the Marines.

What have you ever done sick child?

You can criticise Islam all you like.
Except you and others call me "racist" every time I do.

But when you characterise immigrants from certain countries or regions as fundamentalist Muslims, just because some of their countrymen hold those stupid beliefs;
No, that's not what I am doing. I am saying that it is likely that the majority of those who want to immigrate from certain countries are fundamentalist Muslims because the vast majority of their countrymen are fundamentalist Muslims.
I am not saying exclude all Afghans or Syrians or Somalis, but do vet them for Islamist beliefs. Mass migration of Somalis, especially during the 90s, has been an unqualified failure, with many Islamists being admitted. You had things like many joining terror groups like Al Shabab and ISIS and other, lesser, things like Somali airport cabbies refusing to take passengers carrying alcohol or Somali grocery store workers refusing to check out customers buying alcohol or pork.
Biden is set on repeating the mistakes of Somali migration with Afghans.

And when you oppose immigration from those countries and regions for fear that fundamentalist Muslims might be amongst them, while ignoring that many of them are specifically fleeing from fundamentalist Islam;
That's what vetting should be doing - distinguish those people from those who just want to come to US (or Europe) for economic benefits while trying to recreate the backward mores of the "old country".

And when you do this without ever hinting that other countries should resile from admitting "invaders" from the USA on the basis that fundamentalist Christians or right-wing terrorists might be amongst them, then you are being racist, whether you admit it or not, and indeed whether you know it or not.
First of all, there is no mass migration of Americans to anywhere in the world, so your example is rhetorical.
Second, I would not have a problem with a country implementing a vetting procedure for those who want to make Biblical Law the law of the land. However, those are a minority in US, while vast majority of Afghans supports Shariah Law being the law of the land.
Third, Americans come in a variety of races, so no, it would not be "racist" in any case.

And when you persist in posting cartoonish memes of the most extreme individuals from those countries,
It's not a cartoonish meme, it's a photo from an actual pro-Sharia protest from the increasingly Islamicized city of London.

as a part of an ongoing campaign to denigrate every person who shares a national origin with them, you are being a racist cunt - even if you are genuinely too stupid to realise it.
National origin is not a race either.
But I am not even denigrating "every person who shares a national origin with them". I am just saying that since a large majority of people from these countries are Muslim fundamentalists and Islamists, those from those countries should be well vetted before being let into western countries. There is nothing "racist" about that, but failure to vet them is foolish.

You really must hold the US in shitty regard if you are so convinced a few handful of refugees can bring the country to it's knees with their super secret moozlim indoctrination. Also, the thing you are worried about when you let people in with different values never happens. It didn't happen in the 1920's when people were worried about the Irish Catholics, it didn't happen in the late 40's when Italians and Greeks immigrated en masse, it didn't happen in the late 50's when "white wogs" from central Europe started immigrating, it didn't happen when countries accepted refugees from Indo-China in the 60s, it didn't happen when the rest of South East Asia followed suit and it didn't happen when you believed Stephen Miller/Trump etc about the horrors of the caravans a few years ago.

Every single time it's someone like yourself who raises the exact same fucking argument (whilst insisting they are not bigoted) stating that "those people" simply cannot integrate. And every time you are proven dead fucking wrong and are forced to provide anecdotal examples in a pathetic attempt to tar all migrants as such.

That's what fascists say.
"If you don't like our fascism then leave."

Not at all. I merely think you'd be more comfortable in a country you don't hate quite as much as this one.

It attacked Vietnam to try to maintain an imperial colony. Then attacked Cambodia and Laos because it was not easy.

Not quite. The imperial colony of Soviet Union, North Vietnam, attacked and invaded South Vietnam. The goal of the US engagement in Vietnam was to defend South Vietnam, just like we would have defended West Germany had there been an attack from the communist East.

It attacked Iraq to try to control oil.
That's a myth. Now, once Iraq was invaded, US should have done a better job actually controlling the oil, sure, but that wasn't the reason for the invasion.

Sociopathic apathy is everywhere in violent fascistic terrorist nations.
No, it's just a reality.

Played Call of Duty? ;)

You really must hold the US in shitty regard if you are so convinced a few handful of refugees can bring the country to it's knees with their super secret moozlim indoctrination.
It's not a handful. It may start that way, but it never remains at just a handful. Europe learned that very painfully in 2015.
Second, once these "refugees" settle down, they can start bringing in their extended families via chain migration. And many of these "refugees" travel back to the old country to get arranged married even though they supposedly fled for their lives. And lastly, Muslims have very high birth rates (>5 children born to every woman) which means exponential growth.

Europe is a few decades ahead of us and they are having major problems with Islamization, for example the rise of antisemitic attacks is largely due to Muslim attackers.

Also, the thing you are worried about when you let people in with different values never happens. It didn't happen in the 1920's when people were worried about the Irish Catholics,
First of all, European Catholic culture is still a European culture, and thus very similar and compatible with the Anglo-Saxon culture of 1920s US. Second, it is silly to say that Italian and Irish and German and Slavic immigrants did not to some extent change the culture of the US. And that is with a culture that is very similar (albeit not identical). Here we are dealing with a very different, and incompatible culture of fundamentalist Islam.

it didn't happen when countries accepted refugees from Indo-China in the 60s, it didn't happen when the rest of South East Asia followed suit and
That is a non-European culture, but one far more compatible with US culture than Islam. And it is silly to say that it did not change American culture to some extent.

it didn't happen when you believed Stephen Miller/Trump etc about the horrors of the caravans a few years ago.
The hell it didn't, together with the larger problem of illegal mass migration from Mexico and Central America! There are some areas in the US that resemble Latin America. My former neighborhood looks like Mexico and not US now, with all store signs in Spanish, "Salon de Belleza", "Carniceria Jalisco" and everybody you see on the street is Mexican/Central American.

Every single time it's someone like yourself who raises the exact same fucking argument (whilst insisting they are not bigoted) stating that "those people" simply cannot integrate. And every time you are proven dead fucking wrong and are forced to provide anecdotal examples in a pathetic attempt to tar all migrants as such.

I am not tarring all migrants. Just those who are Islamst/fundamentalist Muslims.

Thank you Derec. You proved my point far more eloquently than I ever could.

Not at all. Again, look at what's happening in Europe. Major European cities like Berlin or London are nigh unrecognizable compared with 20 years ago.
5c9a7c4d2400001901c86fa9.jpeg
Muslims in Germany waving the Koran and protesting against the freedom of the press.

Not at all. Again, look at what's happening in Europe. Major European cities like Berlin or London are nigh unrecognizable compared with 20 years ago.
View attachment 35231
Muslims in Germany waving the Koran and protesting against the freedom of the press.

I dunno about Berlin (and I strongly suspect nor do you - when were you last there?) but London was much the same cultural melting pot last time I was there at the start of 2019 as it was when I lived in the UK between 1970 and 1996; And as it was for at least a thousand years before that.

My sister, who lives in Lewisham with her family, is far more worried about the impacts of Brexit, than she is about immigration.

View attachment 35231

You're right Derec. If you let these people in, in 20 years time America will most likely restrict rights for women, label the media as an Enemy of the State, question the merits of science over faith and force everyone to live in an oppressive system that ostensibly only benefits a select elite. It's oh so clear to me now.

Derec really is silly. When Dermot MacMurragh invited Strongbow to Ireland to help him with his domestic squabbles, the diversity of the Anglo-Normans enriched Ireland for hundreds of years.

The imperial colony of Soviet Union, North Vietnam, attacked and invaded South Vietnam. The goal of the US engagement in Vietnam was to defend South Vietnam, just like we would have defended West Germany had there been an attack from the communist East.

Oh my. It appears you've never bothered to read even the most rudimentary description of the Vietnam conflict. Or are there websites run by your lying right-wing friends that fill your brain with such drivel and nonsense? (Sorry for not being specific, but EACH of the two quoted sentences is completely wrong for at least two reasons.)

Played Call of Duty? ;)

Back
Top Bottom