• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

ALL LIVES MATTER

Is this thread serious???

What ALM has done is increase awareness that we should scream All Lives Matter at black people whenever we see them.

Just like Trump, ALM is the most non-racist thing in the Universe.

So...is everyone aware of Save The Children?

Remember when Save The Children first came out? Otis Johannesbergenerburg said, "No, Save Everyone!" It really happened because when you have an organization like Save The Children the people donating never also try to help adults. That's why there was such backlash to Save The Children with millions of people on facebook saying we should save everyone. And then everyone got saved.

I mean, it's not like All Lives Matter was a one-off started by a bunch of racists to counter a strawman as a means of dismissing valid activism.

Amiright?

BLM, Antifa and their ilk are little more than pawns of the hard Marxist left. As seen by the rioting and civil unrest by these people, many are easily brainwashed. Ever wonder how far such rioting and marching would get in say Russia or China, which have little tolerance for the antics of these terrorist organasations? A one minute Google search of Floyd would show he had a criminal record as long as your arm. That many people have been persuaded to believe he was a saint, shows the decay of mainstream media and it's claimed impartiality!

BLM, Antifa and their ilk are little more than pawns of the hard Marxist left. As seen by the rioting and civil unrest by these people, many are easily brainwashed. Ever wonder how far such rioting and marching would get in say Russia or China, which have little tolerance for the antics of these terrorist organasations? A one minute Google search of Floyd would show he had a criminal record as long as your arm. That many people have been persuaded to believe he was a saint, shows the decay of mainstream media and it's claimed impartiality!

Do you honestly think people have been persuaded he was a saint, or can you simply not understand that people are protesting the needless, brutal killing of a human being by a cop who knelt on his neck until he was dead?

Remember when Save The Children first came out? Otis Johannesbergenerburg said, "No, Save Everyone!" It really happened .....

Link?

Ok so apparently this was sarcasm.

Still, it raises an interesting point of comparison. 'Save the Children' could, hypothetically, have prompted some to object and say "we should be saying save all humans".

Why were there no such objections? Whatever the reason, and I could think of a few possibilities, it (or the lack of a reason) might tell us something about why the slogan ALM arose in response to BLM.

What (tangentally) about a possible slogan, 'save women' or 'womens' lives matter'? Would that prompt the objection that 'save people' or 'all lives matter' would be better? I think it would, not least because the mens' rights movement seemed to start up in response to the womens' rights movement. Similarly, to some extent, with the backlash in some quarters to the metoo slogan.

Last edited:
The pretense that right-wing haters are anything but right-wing haters gets tiring. And it diverts attention from the real issues that righteous humane people debate. Essentially every ad broadcast or published by the GOP or other kleptocrats these days is a hateful lie intended to divert attention from reality.

Let's be realistic. "All Lives Matter" is code for "Black Lives Don't Matter." Period. Sure, there are some simpletons who might be persuaded otherwise by sophomoric logic. None of those simpletons has the cognitive competence to post on message boards.

Simple rules of thumb save time. Your linear regression didn't work? Try a polynomial regression. See an equality constraint? Introduce a Lagrange multiplier. These don't come with 100% guarantee, but they work often enough to save mental effort.

Another simple rule of thumb: If they have an "(R)" by their name, they're lying. Period. Exaggeration? Sure — for example Mitt Romney is a Republican whom I've never ever said anything bad about. But I'll say something bad now: If he doesn't hurry and endorse Joe Biden I will treat him as just another disgusting slime-ball.

Hope this helps.

Remember when Save The Children first came out? Otis Johannesbergenerburg said, "No, Save Everyone!" It really happened .....

Link?

Still, it raises an interesting point of comparison. 'Save the Children' could, hypothetically, have prompted some to object and say "we should be saying save all humans".

Why were there no such objections? Whatever the reason, and I could think of a few possibilities, it (or the lack of a reason) might tell us something about why the slogan ALM arose in response to BLM.

What (tangentally) about a possible slogan, 'save women' or 'womens' lives matter'? Would that prompt the objection that 'save people' or 'all lives matter' would be better? I think it would, not least because the mens' rights movement seemed to start up in response to the womens' rights movement. Similarly, to some extent, with the backlash in some quarters to the metoo slogan.

You don't need this experiment.

There's already, the reverse principle: a Blue Lives Matter. It was also created to counter black lives matter.

Do you ever see All Lives Matter people screaming at Blue Lives Matter people for only thinking police matter? Some of these people are probably even the same individuals.

Do you honestly think people have been persuaded he was a saint, or can you simply not understand that people are protesting the needless, brutal killing of a human being by a cop who knelt on his neck until he was dead?

He is saying that George Floyd's life doesn't matter because he had a rap sheet.

There's already, the reverse principle: a Blue Lives Matter. It was also created to counter black lives matter.

Do you ever see All Lives Matter people screaming at Blue Lives Matter people for only thinking police matter? Some of these people are probably even the same individuals.

Yes ok, good example and arguably evidence of a double standard, but that still leaves the question of why some slogans about subgroups (eg children) are deemed ok, not needing to be countered or criticised, and not others.

Yes ok, good example and arguably evidence of a double standard, but that still leaves the question of why some slogans about subgroups (eg children) are deemed ok, not needing to be countered or criticised, and not others.

Well, here's my answer: Hate. Nobody runs around as an organized group hating children.

Well, here's my answer: Hate. Nobody runs around as an organized group hating children.

I don't think people generally object to BLM because they hate blacks. Obviously, there might be some who do it for that reason.

I don't think people generally object to BLM because they hate blacks. Obviously, there might be some who do it for that reason.

Some people are getting upset at BLM due to BLM actions. BLM is hurting itself by attacking it's allies. Liberal Portland mayor Ted Wheeler neighborhood was attacked by BLM. They protested at his residence so badly that he apologized to his neighbors and moved.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ing-house-repeatedly-targeted-protesters.html

I came across this:

EXCLUSIVE: Dean fired after saying 'EVERYONE'S LIFE MATTERS' in email
https://campusreform.org/?id=15157

The report suggests that the University of Massachusetts-Lowell Dean of Nursing Leslie Neal-Boylan was fired for this tweet:

" 'Dear SSON Community,' the email provided to Campus Reform begins. 'I am writing to express my concern and condemnation of the recent (and past) acts of violence against people of color. Recent events recall a tragic history of racism and bias that continue to thrive in this country. I despair for our future as a nation if we do not stand up against violence against anyone. BLACK LIVES MATTER, but also, EVERYONE'S LIFE MATTERS.' "

Apparently she apologised (I'm not entirely sure why or what for) but was fired a few days later.

I came across this:

EXCLUSIVE: Dean fired after saying 'EVERYONE'S LIFE MATTERS' in email
https://campusreform.org/?id=15157

The report suggests that the University of Massachusetts-Lowell Dean of Nursing Leslie Neal-Boylan was fired for this tweet:

" 'Dear SSON Community,' the email provided to Campus Reform begins. 'I am writing to express my concern and condemnation of the recent (and past) acts of violence against people of color. Recent events recall a tragic history of racism and bias that continue to thrive in this country. I despair for our future as a nation if we do not stand up against violence against anyone. BLACK LIVES MATTER, but also, EVERYONE'S LIFE MATTERS.' "

Apparently she apologised (I'm not entirely sure why or what for) but was fired a few days later.

It's the deans use of the word "but" instead of and. Yeah,crazy right?

Back
Top Bottom