• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

America tries to bomb ISIS kills children instead

Yes, I am naive. This is an inside job without conspiracy theory. Gotcha.
Sarcasm is the refuge of those without an argument. Care to offer a explanation why there have been no sanctions?

jonatha said:
I figured Obama was serious about ISIS when he bombed their oil production facilities.

Can't imagine Bush/Cheyney doing that....
We can just let Haliburton rebuild them once Assad is out of power.

Not actually, Nexus. Sardonic style is done as a means of simply making a baseless assertion about a conspiracy[stealthy move] fabricated by the government controlled by the military industry which is just too much of a joke of itself to be handled any other way.

How else to engage assertions with an absence of evidence?

I never said I wanted Americans to have more and newer weapons. I said that is the result when people cry about the wrong people getting killed. Instead of finding ways to avoid killing, the incentive is to find ways to more accurately kill people.

There's no reason you can't be the first to rise up and tell us how to do it.

Let's give it a try. You are now in charge of the American government and have been granted great powers in law, and better yet, great powers of persuasion. You've decided not to use the military option. What is your first move?

If I were the president, I could stop terrorist attacks against the United States in a few days. Permanently. I would first apologize to all the widows and orphans, the tortured and impoverished, and all the many millions of other victims of American imperialism. Then I would announce, in all sincerity, to every corner of the world, that America's global interventions have come to an end, and inform Israel that it is no longer the 51st state of the USA but now -- oddly enough -- a foreign country. I would then reduce the military budget by at least 90% and use the savings to pay reparations to the victims. There would be more than enough money. One year's military budget of 330 billion dollars is equal to more than $18,000 an hour for every hour since Jesus Christ was born. That's what I'd do on my first three days in the White House. On the fourth day, I'd be assassinated.
William Blum​

In the words of Mendacious, "Rem non spem, factum non dictum."

Those are all ideas with merit, but I would suggest you create a longer time table. Saying it and doing it, are two quite different things.

Not actually, Nexus. Sardonic style is done as a means of simply making a baseless assertion about a conspiracy[stealthy move] fabricated by the government controlled by the military industry which is just too much of a joke of itself to be handled any other way.

How else to engage assertions with an absence of evidence?
You make jokes because you have no argument. You have been given evidence. Specifically why hasn't there been sanctions against ISIS or those buying oil they control? And the US gave weapons to rebels in Syria of which ISIS belonged and now ISIS has US weaponry.

That fact you think its impossible there is a military industrial complex dictating US policy and pushing us towards more war shows your lack of insight in US history. Are you even aware how many 100's of billions goes toward military spending in the US? And you think people with that much money have no influence in politics?

There would be more than enough money. One year's military budget of 330 billion dollars is equal to more than $18,000 an hour for every hour since Jesus Christ was born.
That's odd math there, Bill.
You don't seem to have any real numbers for how many victims will require restitution, or how much restitution there would be, just a hand-wave that the pile of money would be huge, therefore sufficient. That there's a big ol' argument from arrogant ignorance, i'd say.

Not to mention that it would be taken as a sign of weakness and encourage more attacks to get more danegeld.

Not long ago ISIS came into Iraq from Syria with US arms. The USA has been arming rebels in Syria. It's possible they got some of the directly from the USA, but how we we ever know?

What? We can't ask for their receipts?
It's difficult to face isn't it?

Yes, it's difficult to face fairies, Bush brought down the twin towers, the Reptilians, the Illuminati, telekinesis, the Loch Ness monster, the Bermuda triangle... without evidence. Not everyone shares in paranoid beliefs and cannot be expected to believe in things on whoch you so happily believe without evidence. In any case, everything needs proving, whether or not it's a case of conspiranoia.

And, speaking of which, your documented evidence is-?

Not long ago ISIS came into Iraq from Syria with US arms. The USA has been arming rebels in Syria. It's possible they got some of the directly from the USA, but how we we ever know?

What? We can't ask for their receipts?
It's difficult to face isn't it?

Yes, it's difficult to face fairies, Bush brought down the twin towers,
Did he...why do you believe that?
the Reptilians, the Illuminati, telekinesis, the Loch Ness monster, the Bermuda triangle... without evidence
I have never mentioned any of these things? Whyt are you bringing them up?.
Not everyone shares in paranoid beliefs and cannot be expected to believe in things on whoch you so happily believe without evidence. In any case, everything needs proving, whether or not it's a case of conspiranoia.
What do I believe without evidence?

And, speaking of which, your documented evidence is-?
Documented evidence of what?

Back
Top Bottom