• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

American presidential politics. A play thing for billionaires.

Or that there's a segment of the population which likes what he has to say.

There are also several billionaires backing Jeb Bush, but because there's not a segment of the population which likes what he has to say, his campaign is dead.

Bullshit!!

There is no segment that can distinguish what he says from any other far right wing Republican.

He is special in no way, except he has rich people backing him.

And I never said the billionaires always back a winner. But without a billionaire you're unlikely to be in the race, unless you happen to be a billionaire yourself.

Well then, why are his poll numbers different than the other right wing Republicans who have billionaires backing them? Some segment of people seem to have been able to distinguish him from the rest of them.

Bullshit!!

There is no segment that can distinguish what he says from any other far right wing Republican.

He is special in no way, except he has rich people backing him.

And I never said the billionaires always back a winner. But without a billionaire you're unlikely to be in the race, unless you happen to be a billionaire yourself.

Well then, why are his poll numbers different than the other right wing Republicans who have billionaires backing them? Some segment of people seem to have been able to distinguish him from the rest of them.

You're talking about the fickle nature of people who have no say in the process beyond choosing the person propped up billionaires.

I'm talking about the fact that without billionaires backing you nobody will choose you.

You're talking about the fickle nature of people who have no say in the process beyond choosing the person propped up billionaires.

I'm talking about the fact that without billionaires backing you nobody will choose you.

So, if you disagree with them, it's nothing but their fickle nature but if you agree with them and they're backing Sanders, it's because they're bucking the system.

So, if you disagree with them, it's nothing but their fickle nature but if you agree with them and they're backing Sanders, it's because they're bucking the system.

It is fickle when you have no part in the process except choosing between people propped up by billionaires.

It is fickle when you have no part in the process except choosing between people propped up by billionaires.

But you do at least agree that if the people refused to vote for candidates propped up by billionaires then there would be no candidates propped up by billionaires?

Maybe they'd vote for reality people who actually are billionaires, Or with reality TV shows. Or people with famous last names.

But you do at least agree that if the people refused to vote for candidates propped up by billionaires then there would be no candidates propped up by billionaires?

Maybe they'd vote for reality people who actually are billionaires, Or with reality TV shows. Or people with famous last names.

I know it makes your head explode to try to imagine a system not controlled by money.

How about this.

The best candidates in a system not controlled by money would be the one's that were best at implementing things that improved the lives of most people.

The worst would be those who did nothing but try to put the burdens more and more on the middle class and less and less on the super rich. You know, current day Republicans.

While we're at it we should also at least agree that if unicorns really existed and pooped ice cream that it would be the most delicious ice cream ever.

While we're at it we should also at least agree that if unicorns really existed and pooped ice cream that it would be the most delicious ice cream ever.

Your point is people who refuse to vote for candidates propped up by billionaires are like unicorns?

Hey, you know what, so is mine.

Now all we need to do is come to some agreement about what is supposed to happen in a Democracy when voters don't give a shit about something.

Your point is people who refuse to vote for candidates propped up by billionaires are like unicorns?

That works too. Also my point could be that if your only options are candidates propped up by billionaires and you really want to vote then you're kind of screwed.

Hey, you know what, so is mine.

:fistbump:

Now all we need to do is come to some agreement about what is supposed to happen in a Democracy when voters don't give a shit about something.

My guess is something like this:

paper-dummies-with-red-nooses-with-the-sign-went-against-ksc-hang-a-picture-id185564194

or this:

guillotine-1.png

What we need is to stop calling plutocracy democracy.

And your paranoia is noted.

Back
Top Bottom