• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

An Empty Reflection

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
This is a story. It'll be a bit easy to fall into as we just lived through it. I'll skip the last 12 weeks. But I want to stress that this story isn't about treason. This story isn't about sedition. You see, less than 12 hours ago amongst a crowd of like minded people, folks from across the country had come to form a solidarity and do what they could to fight what they viewed as tyrannical oppression of what they were told was a stolen election. Newsmax, OANN, Fox News to an extent, the voices on AM radio, in that echo chamber that has become an intoxicating ether to tens of millions of Americans, there were solidary claims of theft, of fraud, widespread with the roots running deep. These people came in a call to arms, some of them literally, nearing the final day where a difference could be made. The day the Electoral Votes are to be counted and the election certified. These people had come a long way and they were all near a platform with lots of speakers, including the President and his lawyer. These people would all continue to incite the claims of theft. After all, it is why they are all there.

President Trump said:
Hundreds of thousands of American patriots are committed to the honesty of our elections and the integrity of our glorious Republic. All of us here today do not want to see our election victory stolen by emboldened radical left Democrats, which is what they’re doing and stolen by the fake news media. That’s what they’ve done and what they’re doing. We will never give up. We will never concede, it doesn’t happen. You don’t concede when there’s theft involved.
source

Rudy Giuliani said:
Who hides evidence? Criminals hide evidence, not honest people! Over the next ten days, we get to see the machines that are crooked, the ballots that are fraudulent, and if we're wrong, we will be made fools of. But if we're right, a lot of them will go to jail.

Let's have trial by combat!
source
The case was never clearer. This election must be fixed. The tyranny must end. However, these people and their beliefs and their grievance shared an odd symmetricity with President Trump's speech:

President Trump said:
And I had a campaign against Michelle Obama and Barack Hussein Obama against Stacey. And I had Brian Kemp, he weighs 130 pounds. He said he played offensive line in football. I’m trying to figure that. I’m still trying to figure that out. He said that the other night, “I was an offensive lineman.” I’m saying, “Really? That must’ve been a really small team.” But I look at that and I look at what’s happened, and he turned out to be a disaster. This stuff happens.
source

In a manner that was almost supernatural, as if passing through a magical threshold when these people swept into the Capitol Building, something changed. They were one. At the rally that incited their hatred, on the march to the Capitol, on the push to get into the Capitol. They pushed together as one, inspired by the same cause of saving American Liberty. A cause to preventing the theft of the Presidency of the United States. A conspiracy they believed was so deep, that it even mired into the Republican Party. Each step they made was a minor victory. They got to the steps. They pushed up the steps. They were going to get to the Capitol doors. They were going to get into the Capitol, they were going to Save America! And once they got into the Capitol, they peered at a mirror in front of them, and saw... nothing.

You see, that is why this isn't a story about sedition or treason. Not even a tantrum. Once inside, they appeared to have forgotten what they were, who they were, and why they were there. Instead, they became primitives. Flouting their plumage, flailing their metaphorical genitals, and taking selfies. Nothing they did inside the Capitol had a thing to do with the election being ‘stolen’. They were like overaged armed teenagers who had snuck into high school late at night. Running down the halls, sitting at the principals desk, rifling through teachers papers... giddy and giggling like little children.

There was no barricade. There was no message. There was no broadcast. There was no demand. They didn't even make with their grievance. They didn't seek out the House Chamber to "take a stand" for Democracy, to Save America. Not even remotely! Instead, they sought to vandalize, they sought to intimidate, they sought to make it be known that people should cede to their presence. Their actions were petty. Their actions, relative to the goal of seeking out justice, were pathetic. At no time in their lives did they have a better opportunity to make their case be heard, and instead, fumbling about the Capitol like a person having rushed onto a football field after the adrenaline rush has worn off.

And this isn't by chance either. Even before Trump was the official nominee in 2016, his supporters often failed at defending their support for him. The truth is, their support for him is nothing but primal, he makes them feel good about the bad things they think about others. So when it comes to defending their leader against the grasp of tyranny while they stand in the venue of where our Government holds business, they could not utter a word in defense of their actions. Not a word to shout to defend their 'unfortunate but necessary attempt' to save our Democracy. Mute and flaccid, because there was no thought behind their actions, only feelings.

Please don't mistake this for requesting leniency for these people. Those that entered the building should be tried and convicted. Those that had weapons, even the more so. Those defacing a National Monument, again, to prison. Those that stormed the building from the outside as well. But I feel it is important to highlight the pathetic nature of these people once inside the Capitol. And how they actually didn't even have a cause or could think as to how to help the cause they allegedly committed these crimes for. These people are not seditionists. They are simply dangerous criminals who can't think for themselves, incited by conservative media and conservative politicians

There's a special place in hell for that guy who stole a podium. I mean, who the fuck steals a podium??

I think that podium is already set up on the beach of an island somewhere south of Pitcairn's Island. Someday soon Trump Himself will stand there, free and gloriously unfettered, on Trump Island, with his invited guests, the elite of Trumpistan (those who can afford the flight to Trump Island and can pay the fees at the Coconut Putt Putt Golf Range.) He will conduct rallies at a length that didn't make sense here: all-day rallies. Pence will be allowed back, begrudgingly, because, as Trump will tell the crowd, "Somehow he has a way with a kiss on my keester. But I still want to know -- (does a Charles Laughton voice at Pence)-- MIS-ter Christian!!! Yes, you, MIS-ter Christian!!! Who stole my election?" At that point, the clamor of the crowd is enough that it dislodges a coconut, which falls on Trump's head.

There's a special place in hell for that guy who stole a podium. I mean, who the fuck steals a podium??

and where is he going to hide it when the police show up........if they show up.

I'm still laughing at that idiot dickcheese. :rofl:

View attachment 31176

:D HA. Not even trying to hide his face as if an employer is going to be cool with their employee taking part in this.

At least he wore sensible footwear. Very important for any coup attempt.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsdzKnJNAC8&ab_channel=hommere%27schoices[/YOUTUBE]

Not even trying to hide his face .

If he's antifa doing the false flag thing, his cell leader's gonna roast his ass! Face coverings during felonies is, like, rule 7 in the handbook, but it's the only one underlined!

And the cameraman gets a demerit, too. Antifa films the cops breaking the law, not each other!

Man, hope for both their sakes they're just dumb ass fascists.

Not even trying to hide his face .

If he's antifa doing the false flag thing, his cell leader's gonna roast his ass! Face coverings during felonies is, like, rule 7 in the handbook, but it's the only one underlined!

And the cameraman gets a demerit, too. Antifa films the cops breaking the law, not each other!

Man, hope for both their sakes they're just dumb ass fascists.
What felony? He isn't committing a felony, he's "Saving America!"... avant garde style apparently.

Reactions: jab
Back
Top Bottom