• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

An Insufferable Prick Destroys Sean Hannity

Our neighbor (ex-CIA) thinks the Democrats will switch to Newsome at the convention. I don’t see it, but that would be a lightning bolt that would blow people’s minds.
Does he explain why he thinks that?
I'd presume because the alt-right media they slurp up keeps shoveling them shit like that.
WTF does the “alt-right media” have to do with my neighbor, who if anything is further to the left than I am?

Someone brings up a scenario that, IMO, has a non-zero probability of occurring, and they’re automatically an alt-right knuckle-dragger?

Our neighbor (ex-CIA) thinks the Democrats will switch to Newsome at the convention. I don’t see it, but that would be a lightning bolt that would blow people’s minds.
I'd presume because the alt-right media they slurp up keeps shoveling them shit like that.
WTF does the “alt-right media” have to do with my neighbor, who if anything is further to the left than I am?

Someone brings up a scenario that, IMO, has a non-zero probability of occurring, and they’re automatically an alt-right knuckle-dragger?
When gambling in Vegas, yes, those are fair odds. But rolling snake eyes is always possible.

Changing out the nominee is a rather extreme event. So extreme, it'd seem to be unlikely.

Insufferable pricks are in vogue, sort of. At least Newsome is a sane person.
Major nitpicking...
It's "Newsom", not "Newsome".
Tom

ETA ~
Less nitpicky,
Newsom is hardly my idea of perfection. But he's got age, centrism, and name recognition going for him. He's popular enough amongst the diverse demographics of California to win elections, even recall election. That's pretty solid. If something happens to Biden, Newsom seems like the only reasonable choice.~

When gambling in Vegas, yes, those are fair odds. But rolling snake eyes is always possible.

Changing out the nominee is a rather extreme event. So extreme, it'd seem to be unlikely.
I agree, but clearly not my reason for replying.

He's popular enough amongst the diverse demographics of California to win elections
And enough of an insufferable prick to run roughshod over the trumpsucking loudmouths that try to run roughshod over him.
I wish to hell Sleepy Joe would (could) learn some of that. But that's just not him.

I agree, but clearly not my reason for replying.
Well yes, I busted and rolled snake eyes.

The question becomes, is the messaging from the right-wing so overwhelming the media sphere, that it is leaching out to the left-wing and planting seeds.

He's popular enough amongst the diverse demographics of California to win elections
And enough of an insufferable prick to run roughshod over the trumpsucking loudmouths that try to run roughshod over him.
I wish to hell Sleepy Joe would (could) learn some of that. But that's just not him.
Actually that is Biden, the trouble is, in trying to do so, he is one pause in a sentence away from Hannity proving the Biden is "brain dead" and Biden isn't gaining anything even if he performs perfectly.

Clinton demonstrated getting involved with the right-wing media was fruitless.

one pause in a sentence
THAT is what defines him as "not that". You pause, you lose.
Clinton demonstrated getting involved with the right-wing media was fruitless.
That's more germane. The RW media with which Clinton got "involved" was a different beast than the brainless, policy-free invective torrent that is the RW "platform" today.
Putting up a tie score (reciprocal running roughshod) is the best possible outcome of any interaction with them, as the only other possibility is letting them dominate the floor and wax prolix for as along as anyone can stand to listen.
is the messaging from the right-wing so overwhelming the media sphere, that it is leaching out to the left-wing and planting seeds.
Fuck yeah it is! Ask a bunch of dems how the economy is doing, and most of them will return some watered down version of the official GQP Party Line on it. (i.e. economy sucks, it was better under Trump etc etc)

I'm no mind-reader, but I get the impression that Biden's problem is mainly his age. Not in the sense of being unable. But in the sense that he cut his political teeth in a different political world.

Back in the good old days, politics were more of a gentleman's sport. Candidates would fight tooth and nail up until the election. Then they'd work together to make the country better. That started going away in the late 90s, and has gotten consistently worse as the Republicans have circled the drain.
Tom

I'm no mind-reader, but I get the impression that Biden's problem is mainly his age. Not in the sense of being unable. But in the sense that he cut his political teeth in a different political world.

Back in the good old days, politics were more of a gentleman's sport. Candidates would fight tooth and nail up until the election. Then they'd work together to make the country better. That started going away in the late 90s, and has gotten consistently worse as the Republicans have circled the drain.
Tom
I think that's all true, but the main thing preventing him from competing on a level field is his speech impediment. Being a polite summbich adds to the problem but is not at its root. I believe Biden won the Presidency in one shining moment when he yelled "WILL YOU SHUT UP, MAN!" at Trump during the last "debate". That was not a well planned or thought-out line. It was not polite or consistent with old-school politics. It was spontaneous, forceful, clear and meaningful and spoke the very mind of millions of people right there in the moment. You'd be hard pressed to come up with another example of such.

It scared and humiliated tRumpy so badly, he'll never show up for another debate.

Back
Top Bottom