• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Anarchists ruin another protest

Protesters burned objects, including road cones and a Portland Tribune newspaper stand, in the streets. Riot police rushed at the protesters, detaining multiple people and extinguished the flames....

...Damage, including broken windows, was reported at multiple downtown locations. Windows were broken at Portland City Hall, the Gus J. Solomon U.S. Courthouse and Goldmark Jewelers

This sounds like the Apocalypse. Those brave police who rushed into a burning road cone.

Broken windows!!!!!!

THE HORROR!!!!!!
So are you defending the people that did this or claiming the people that did this aren't anarchists?

I'm claiming this was an incredibly minor incident.

And the talk about Anarchists is absurd.

Protesters burned objects, including road cones and a Portland Tribune newspaper stand, in the streets. Riot police rushed at the protesters, detaining multiple people and extinguished the flames....

...Damage, including broken windows, was reported at multiple downtown locations. Windows were broken at Portland City Hall, the Gus J. Solomon U.S. Courthouse and Goldmark Jewelers

This sounds like the Apocalypse. Those brave police who rushed into a burning road cone.

Broken windows!!!!!!

THE HORROR!!!!!!
So are you defending the people that did this or claiming the people that did this aren't anarchists?

So out of both sides of your mouth then.

Breaking plate glass windows? While that is certainly far from anarchy, a handful of thugs decided to hijack a pleasantly peaceful protest in order to commit some needless acts that weren't in concert with the actual protest. The crimes they committed are minor, but their presence did much more damage to the cause of the protest.

Breaking plate glass windows? While that is certainly far from anarchy, a handful of thugs decided to hijack a pleasantly peaceful protest in order to commit some needless acts that weren't in concert with the actual protest. The crimes they committed are minor, but their presence did much more damage to the cause of the protest.

Yes breaking windows is minor. Humans can do a lot worse.

And again any talk about Anarchists is insanity.

Setting the bar a bit low there.
I'm not talking about anarchists. You keep bringing them up though.

Your posts are muddled here. You seem to be saying "Connecting anarchists to the vandalism in the protest is ridiculous (insanity even!), and the vandalism wasn't even that big of a deal."

All this talk about arachnids is giving me the creeps.

Oh wait... never mind!

Your posts are muddled here. You seem to be saying "Connecting anarchists to the vandalism in the protest is ridiculous (insanity even!), and the vandalism wasn't even that big of a deal."

I'm saying a minor case of bad behavior, behavior I think is counter productive and I wonder what is really behind it, is being blown way out of proportion.

And Anarchism is not anarchy.

Anarchism is order.

But a different kind of order.

One that opposes the master/slave relationship inherent to most capitalist enterprises.

I'm saying a minor case of bad behavior, behavior I think is counter productive and I wonder what is really behind it, is being blown way out of proportion.
It is highly likely that this "minor case of bad behavior" was only minor due to the fact that the Portland PD was prepared for these flakes and responded appropriately.

It is highly likely that this "minor case of bad behavior" was only minor due to the fact that the Portland PD was prepared for these flakes and responded appropriately.

I now have a trustworthy compass.

When I see the word "flake" I understand the user is waving their arms dramatically in some hope to win the argument based on ignorant name calling and not any kind of sense or reason.

Breaking windows is nothing compared to the violence of throwing millions off their health insurance. Or creating a system where health insurance is a luxury.

I realize the police faced blazing traffic cones and unarmed teenagers. They all deserve medals.

I'm more interested in how they got those cones to burn.

That's easy - the decision to burn the cone was made by a sort of executive-officer-of-the-week and then was ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting by vote of the entire collective.

When I see the word "flake" I understand the user is waving their arms dramatically in some hope to win the argument based on ignorant name calling and not any kind of sense or reason.

Breaking windows is nothing compared to the violence of throwing millions off their health insurance. Or creating a system where health insurance is a luxury.
And where the fuck does being against millions losing their health insurance get projected with the breaking of windows?

I realize the police faced blazing traffic cones and unarmed teenagers. They all deserve medals.
So the police handle the vandalism without pouring tear gas into the streets and roughing up people, and you still complain. You definitely are a radical.

And where the fuck does being against millions losing their health insurance get projected with the breaking of windows?

?

I'm comparing the incredible severity of one with the minor severity of the other.

I oppose these random acts of violence but I see the real violence taking place before me and see how this is being used as some distraction.

So the police handle the vandalism without pouring tear gas into the streets and roughing up people, and you still complain. You definitely are a radical.

That the police should handle things in any other way besides the least violent seems surprising to you shows how far lost you are.

You are a supporter of radicals. Just a well trained dog, not a radical.

LOL...so just what do you suppose these anarchist groups want in their brave new world?

It is easy to trash talk about how bad things are. Just what kind of order is anarchist order? I am curious...seriously.

You are correct that is it pretty minor compared to the pathetic House bill just passed regarding health care. It is also pretty much a completely different topic.

WTF? First, 17 of the arrested anarchist rioters were over 21 and only 3 were under 18. Secondly, I do think the police deserve to be complemented when they do their job well just as much as they deserve criticism when they do it badly.

LOL...so just what do you suppose these anarchist groups want in their brave new world?

Now that is at last a good question.

I have an idea what kind of world some Anarchists envision. It is about changing power structures and feelings about illegitimate power.

I don't think breaking windows has anything to do with that.

It is easy to trash talk about how bad things are. Just what kind of order is anarchist order? I am curious...seriously.

It is the order of equals working together equally. Certainly with leaders and those with better ideas, but not with orders and those who must obey orders without question.

And this is opposed to the order of master and slave which is the order most often found in capitalism.

You are correct that is it pretty minor compared to the pathetic House bill just passed regarding health care. It is also pretty much a completely different topic.

Not when I want to support the idea that this is being blown out of proportion. A minor nothing some are attempting to claim is something serious.

WTF? First, 17 of the arrested anarchist rioters were over 21 and only 3 were under 18. Secondly, I do think the police deserve to be complemented when they do their job well just as much as they deserve criticism when they do it badly.

When their job is very easy and they face nothing serious they should be thanked for a days service.

Jimmy Higgins said:

?

I'm comparing the incredible severity of one with the minor severity of the other.
Geesh, I can't believe it's not butter.

I oppose these random acts of violence...
In passing.
...but I see the real violence taking place before me and see how this is being used as some distraction.
You mean you are derailing a thread.

That the police should handle things in any other way besides the least violent seems surprising to you shows how far lost you are.

You are a supporter of radicals. Just a well trained dog, not a radical.
Next time in English please. The Police handled the situation with composure and were effective. And you seem to almost be disappointed.

You mean you are derailing a thread.

Some call putting things in perspective a derailment.

Some call stopping a rant a derailment.

And you seem to almost be disappointed.

Disappointed in the ideas of a tiny few individuals here.

Again, something small blown out of proportion.

And by the way the sentence is as English as it gets.

The anarchists/black bloc/antifa in the US are a bunch of ineffectual pussies. The ones in France, however, are not.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoxsDkB-rWU[/YOUTUBE]

Some call putting things in perspective a derailment.
You don't know why they broke windows.

And you seem to almost be disappointed.
Disappointed in the ideas of a tiny few individuals here.

Again, something small blown out of proportion.
You may want to reread the thread. Who blew what out of proportion?

Back
Top Bottom