• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

And the hits keep coming.

AirPoh

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
She's really pushing his buttons!

Nancy Pelosi said:
"I pray for the President of the United States," she said. "I wish that his family or his administration or his staff would have an intervention for the good of the country."

Ya, it’s fucking Pelosi who’s constitutionally required to provide that fucking intervention.

I have no idea what Pelosi is on about with that statement. She appears to be trolling the President... who has been trolling the Democrats. I'm not exactly happy with this tact as it appears petty. The Speaker seems to have a good handle on these sorts of things, so every word is measured, and maybe she is trying to get Trump to get himself "banned at the web board" by riling him up. But overall... these people are supposed to be professionals. We know Trump is an asshole, but can the rest of them be adults?
Ya, it’s fucking Pelosi and McConnell who’s constitutionally required to provide that fucking intervention.
FIFY.

Pelosi is treating him like the petulant child that he is. She's telling him his silly games won't work with her.

Pelosi is treating him like the petulant child that he is. She's telling him his silly games won't work with her.
She already outmaneuvered him on the budget stuff and the wall and the etc... So the silly game thing is already known. Right now, Trump is playing Constitutionally concerning games regarding oversight.

I have no idea what Pelosi is on about with that statement. She appears to be trolling the President... who has been trolling the Democrats. I'm not exactly happy with this tact as it appears petty. The Speaker seems to have a good handle on these sorts of things, so every word is measured, and maybe she is trying to get Trump to get himself "banned at the web board" by riling him up. But overall... these people are supposed to be professionals. We know Trump is an asshole, but can the rest of them be adults?
Ya, it’s fucking Pelosi and McConnell who’s constitutionally required to provide that fucking intervention.
FIFY.

The man had a meltdown in what was supposed to be a meeting with the Democrats about infrastructure, and he then proceeded to go to the Rose Garden and entertain the press with an even bigger meltdown. Yes, there's a degree of trolling going on, but he's also a farking loon who needs to have the keys taken away (which the Senate won't do).

FIFY.

The man had a meltdown in what was supposed to be a meeting with the Democrats about infrastructure, and he then proceeded to go to the Rose Garden and entertain the press with an even bigger meltdown.
That event was staged, seeing they had print outs. Trump wanted it to look organic, but it certainly wasn't.
Yes, there's a degree of trolling going on, but he's also a farking loon who needs to have the keys taken away (which the Senate won't do).
But why the trolling by Pelosi?

Yes, there's a degree of trolling going on, but he's also a farking loon who needs to have the keys taken away (which the Senate won't do).

But why the trolling by Pelosi?

People are chomping at the bit for impeachment but Pelosi knows the strongest suit is going through the courts. A failed impeachment very possibly strengthens Trump and rallies his supporters. But calling him out on his decoy manuevers and showing how obvious and ill-conceived they are makes them lose confidence in his stability. Those two tactics are the only hope of winning bipartisan support for impeachment. I don't see it as trolling. Trump doesn't need an opening to do more stupid shit. He can't help it. She's communicating to anyone who'll listen that the end game is nigh.

I don't buy this "Pelosi is playing 7-dimensional chess" take and neither should you. But the people saying it will continue saying it even when Trump wins in 2020. This was all part of Pelosi's grand scheme to make Trump more likely to publicly humiliate himself, which one of these days will actually cause him to lose support rather than invigorating his base!

I don't buy this "Pelosi is playing 7-dimensional chess" take and neither should you. But the people saying it will continue saying it even when Trump wins in 2020. This was all part of Pelosi's grand scheme to make Trump more likely to publicly humiliate himself, which one of these days will actually cause him to lose support rather than invigorating his base!

If you're responding to my comments then neither do I. Pelosi is merely confronting the obvious where everyone else is looking for histrionics. The grand scheme is simply saying not to fall for it.

I don't buy this "Pelosi is playing 7-dimensional chess" take and neither should you.
Pelosi is a shrewd politician. She is one of the best at the game. She isn't playing 7D chess, she is playing Trump... who we've learned is pretty damn easy to play.
But the people saying it will continue saying it even when Trump wins in 2020. This was all part of Pelosi's grand scheme to make Trump more likely to publicly humiliate himself, which one of these days will actually cause him to lose support rather than invigorating his base!
2020 is too far away to concede at this point.

[nitpick]It's "champing" at the bit, not "chomping"[/nitpick]

Thanks, that's interesting. So I looked it up:
One definition of bit is a metal mouthpiece used for controlling a horse, and one definition of champ is to bite or chew noisily. These are the senses meant in the idiom champing at the bit, which refers to the tendency of some horses to chew on the bit when impatient or eager. In its figurative sense, it means to show impatience while delayed, or just to be eager to start.

The idiom is usually written chomping at the bit, and some people consider this spelling wrong. But chomp can also mean to bite or chew noisily (though chomped things are often eaten, while champed things are not), so chomp at the bit means roughly the same as champ at the bit.

In fact, chomp, which began as a variant of champ, is alive in English while the biting-related sense of champ is dead outside this idiom, so it’s no wonder that chomping at the bit is about 20 times as common as champing at the bit on the web. Champing at the bit can sound funny to people who aren’t familiar with the idiom or the obsolete sense of champ, while most English speakers can infer the meaning of chomping at the bit.

So champing is more fitting, but chomping is more common even if not exactly correct.

I don't buy this "Pelosi is playing 7-dimensional chess" take and neither should you.
Pelosi is a shrewd politician. She is one of the best at the game. She isn't playing 7D chess, she is playing Trump... who we've learned is pretty damn easy to play.
So which is it? Is she shrewd, or is she just manipulating a man-child, which you don't need to be shrewd at all to do? Do we want an opposition who can troll the President or someone who will hold him accountable?

FIFY.

The man had a meltdown in what was supposed to be a meeting with the Democrats about infrastructure, and he then proceeded to go to the Rose Garden and entertain the press with an even bigger meltdown. Yes, there's a degree of trolling going on, but he's also a farking loon who needs to have the keys taken away (which the Senate won't do).

And then he had a round table with his staff all telling him how well behaved he was.

I shit you not.

So which is it? Is she shrewd, or is she just manipulating a man-child, which you don't need to be shrewd at all to do? Do we want an opposition who can troll the President or someone who will hold him accountable?
She is shrewdly toying with him. I ponder if she is instigated an intra-Admin take down.

She is shrewdly toying with him. I ponder if she is instigated an intra-Admin take down.

I predict this will culminate in her coup de grace, a strongly but politely worded letter that will make a single tear roll down Trump's cheek as he whispers "I've been bested" and then keeps committing horrible crimes

Back
Top Bottom