• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another Day In The USA

Crime's drop begins in '93 and ends around '00, and it has dropped some, increased a bit, but really has plateau'd. So the really violent games which came out post 2000 definitely seem to have had very little impact on crime, positive or negative. But some people just love to bring it up.

This is true. I just got the new Mortal Kombat game back in April and I've killed way less people than usual over the past few months.

Crime's drop begins in '93 and ends around '00, and it has dropped some, increased a bit, but really has plateau'd. So the really violent games which came out post 2000 definitely seem to have had very little impact on crime, positive or negative. But some people just love to bring it up.

This is true. I just got the new Mortal Kombat game back in April and I've killed way less people than usual over the past few months.

Do zombies count as "people"?... cause if so, I have a lot of apologizing to do. 7 Days to Die... great game.

cjones08112019.jpg

Last edited:
Turns out the El Paso shooter was actually not a right-winger. He supported Andrew Yang, not Trump. His manifesto stated that he is not a white supremacist and he was upset that both parties are allowing illegal immigration.

In College, the discussion in my seminar Government class got terribly derailed and somehow managed to get to violence on television and its effect on violence in the real world. I remarked deadpan, television must have been real violent back in the days of the KKK, and the teacher (not the brightest prof I ever had, in fact bottom 2) looks at me and let's me know that television didn't exist yet.

Turns out the El Paso shooter was actually not a right-winger. He supported Andrew Yang, not Trump. His manifesto stated that he is not a white supremacist and he was upset that both parties are allowing illegal immigration.
Are you still here?

Are you still here?

Just need you to explain how an Andrew Yang supporter is actually a right-wing Trumper.

In College, the discussion in my seminar Government class got terribly derailed and somehow managed to get to violence on television and its effect on violence in the real world. I remarked deadpan, television must have been real violent back in the days of the KKK, and the teacher (not the brightest prof I ever had, in fact bottom 2) looks at me and let's me know that television didn't exist yet.

What you did is a fallacy. Anyone can use a stat to prove anything.

For example, did you know that 100% of people who have ever drank water will die? Does this prove water should be avoided? No, and only a fool would say so.

Also, did you know that 100% of people who have ever spoken to someone will die? Does this prove speaking to people should be avoided? No, and only a fool would say so.

Considering the shooter's manifesto was basically a cut and paste of things like Tucker Carlson's white supremacist rants and Trumps racist tweets, it's unsurprising that you are full of shit.

Just need you to explain how an Andrew Yang supporter is actually a right-wing Trumper.

Will get right on that the second you provide any proof that the shooter is an Andrew Yang supporter. And I can't believe this needs to be said, youtube comments by some rando doesn't qualify.

What you did is a fallacy. Anyone can use a stat to prove anything.
And as you have demonstrated, when proven to be talking out their ass, they can just say, 'but the point stands.'

Did you read his manifesto? He was Yang Gang, not a Trumper.

Did you? The only thing the shooter mentioned that was even remotely Andrew Yangish was the comments on universal basic income, and they align more closely with Stephen Miller's point of view than Andrew Yang.

Everyone is invited to Halfie's back yard tonight. We're gonna burn a cross to let everyone know we're not racists.

Everyone is invited to Halfie's back yard tonight. We're gonna burn a cross to let everyone know we're not racists.

It's not a cross. It's a "t" for Trump! We wear hoods to represent the silent faceless majority that support Trump that the fake news never mentions.

In your world, only whites can be racist. In the real world, every race can be racist. I was walking in a Walmart before and a black guy bumped into me and said, "watch where you're going white boy." That's racist.

Imagine the headlines if it was reversed. "White man bumps into black guy and says "watch where you're going black boy."

In your world, only whites can be racist. In the real world, every race can be racist. I was walking in a Walmart before and a black guy bumped into me and said, "watch where you're going white boy." That's racist.

Imagine the headlines if it was reversed. "White man bumps into black guy and says "watch where you're going black boy."

And you didn't call 911 on the guy? How progressive and tolerant of you.

I went to customer service to mention it and all chuckled and said, "We'll look for the guy." I can assure you if a black man went up to customer service saying, "a white guy called me black boy" they would've stopped what they are doing and possibly sealed the exits looking for the white racist.

I went to customer service to mention it and all chuckled and said, "We'll look for the guy." I can assure you if a black man went up to customer service saying, "a white guy called me black boy" they would've stopped what they are doing and possibly sealed the exits looking for the white racist.

I'll look into that for you. Heh.

I'll look into that for you. Heh.

It's a question for you guys.

Are both sayings racist? Or just one or the other? Why or why not?

It appears Half-Life doesn't understand the nature of culturally contextual communications. Just add it to the list, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom