• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another GOP Potus hopeful reveals fascist leanings.

laughing dog

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Dogs rule
In a rally for Herschel Walker for the Georgia Senate seat, 2024 POTUS hopeful Nikki Haley said
Legal immigrants are more patriotic than the leftists these days. They worked to come into America and they love America. They want the laws followed in America. So the only person we need to make sure we deport is Warnock,”
source (Former Governor Haley says Warnock should be deported ).

The GOP should rebrand itself as FOP (Fascist old Party).

May I ask ... for what (alleged) offense?

I think she was trying to use a metaphor. She's asking why deport hard working immigrants that work hard to get here because they love what America stands for when we have lazy & unpatriotic people like Warnock. I won't say I agree with the statement but I don't think she actually meant deporting citizens.

I think she was trying to use a metaphor. She's asking why deport hard working immigrants that work hard to get here because they love what America stands for when we have lazy & unpatriotic people like Warnock. I won't say I agree with the statement but I don't think she actually meant deporting citizens.
Gospel, I love you man, but Ms. Haley's actual words suggest that hard working immigrants are better than leftists (and Mr. Warnock is a "leftist"). I think it is a sign of fascism to want to deport people with whom you disagree. I agree it is a step above having them killed but it is a form of disappearing political foes.

Why would legal immigrants be deported?

Why would legal immigrants be deported?
To support Nikki's argument of course.

Nikki Halley was one of the only people to exit the Trump Administration looking better than she went into it. Indeed, serving in it seemed a crazy risk as her role in SC as Governor put her near the top of POTUS hopefuls for the GOP. However, she managed to be her own person and not Trump up, and appeared the better politician for it. Had she stood pat on that, her victory in 2024 would have almost been assured... had she made it to the the General Election.

She has been shifting alt-right for a bit and now she seems to have made a push to get the crazy alt-right vote, another Kristi Noem. GOP'ers seem to think the Romney path to the nomination isn't possible anymore. Or perhaps by engaging with the alt-right MAGAites, they could bleed support for Trump. But that is quite the tightrope walk.

Back
Top Bottom