• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another police shooting in the St. Louis area

So no spontaneous sandwich-gun conversion?

Well Vonderrit Myers is no Stewie Griffin. :)
hqdefault.jpg

I trust Fox about as much as you trust HuffPo,
This is a local Fox station, not Fox News. And it's pretty funny that you will trust a website like DailyKos instead.
but it looks like you finally managed to find something that does seem to plausibly support the cop's version of events.
It does more than that - it eviscerates the family's version of events.
It's too bad you had to bury the only piece of useful information in a bunch of your typical racist-sounding character assassinations.
What in my post was "racist-sounding" or a "character assassination"?
The only thing which could plausibly be misinterpreted as "racist" was my genuine question of whether him posing with his hands down his pants is a "thing" these days, like sagging has been for a while. Nothing racist about asking that. And it's not a character assassination either.

Last edited:
This is a local Fox station, not Fox News. And it's pretty funny that you will trust a website like DailyKos instead.
but it looks like you finally managed to find something that does seem to plausibly support the cop's version of events.
It's too bad you had to bury the only piece of useful information in a bunch of your typical racist-sounding character assassinations.
The only thing which could plausibly be misinterpreted as "racist" was my genuine question of whether him posing with his hands down his pants is a "thing" these days, like sagging has been for a while. Nothing racist about asking that. And it's not a character assassination either.

Derec

You could fix the accusations of character assassination and racism by digging into the past actions of the police involved in these shootings just as harshly as you do their victims, but you don't.

And, if history in any indication, you won't.

You could fix the accusations of character assassination and racism by digging into the past actions of the police involved in these shootings just as harshly as you do their victims, but you don't.
I was not digging into anybody's past. I merely linked to news reporting about Vonderrit's past.
That said, it's very easy to get things like pending criminal cases. You can search for it yourself at Missouri case.net. Finding incriminating social media photos is more difficult, but far easier than getting police employment records. Not to mention that the name of the cop hasn't been released yet.

I was not digging into anybody's past. I merely linked to news reporting about Vonderrit's past.
You are digging into people's pasts. And interestingly, you never find anything nice. Even the most hardened criminal got a perfect attendence certificate in the sixth grade, or helped with a church food drive, or was on the conference championship football team, or something. But those things never show up in your posts. Parents say their child was good and you pounce to prove grieving mothers and fathers are either liars or idiots and should be exposed as such so that the world knows how evil their child was.

And you just don't treat the shooter the same way.
That said, it's very easy to get things like pending criminal cases. You can search for it yourself at Missouri case.net. Finding incriminating social media photos is more difficult, but far easier than getting police employment records. Not to mention that the name of the cop hasn't been released yet.
Why do you feel the need to make the search?

And even after the name of the officer is known, how far back into his/her past will you search?

You are digging into people's pasts.
It's already been dug up.

And interestingly, you never find anything nice.
That's what family is doing, even when it's not true. In any case "nice" things do not cancel out things like criminal behavior.

Even the most hardened criminal got a perfect attendence certificate in the sixth grade, or helped with a church food drive, or was on the conference championship football team, or something.
And none of that changes the fact that they are a hardened criminal. So how would any of these activities be relevant in a case like this?

Parents say their child was good and you pounce to prove grieving mothers and fathers are either liars or idiots and should be exposed as such so that the world knows how evil their child was.
When the parents/family misrepresent facts that does make them liars. When Vonderrit's family insists he had a sandwich in his hands when he was shot or that he even had a gun (despite social media photos and previous gun crime charges) then they are either consciously lying or in major league denial.

Why do you feel the need to make the search?
Background.

And even after the name of the officer is known, how far back into his/her past will you search?
Not sure. What kind of things would you be looking for?

Btw, another shoe dropped t.
Forensic evidence shows teen shot at St. Louis officer, police say
They found gunshot residue on his hands.
St. Louis Post-Dispatch said:
The Missouri Highway Patrol analysis found gunshot residue on Myers' hands, on his shirt and inside the waistband and pockets of his jeans. Police said that although gunshot residue can be present on anyone near a shooting, the results show levels consistent with Myers being the shooter, because the police officer was standing too far away.

Ballistics evidence also revealed three bullets that hit the ground where the officer was trying to take cover matched Myers' gun. A round found inside a car behind the officer was too badly damaged to be able to to match it to his gun, however, it did not match the type of bullets the officer fired, police said.
Not that there aren't people who are still in denial.
Pastor Doug Hollis, a spokesman for the Myers family, rejected the claims by police and the union Tuesday. "You can say anything. You can put anything in his hands,” he said of Myers. Hollis also said that the family does not know the man who posted the photos of Myers with guns. "We don't even know who he is,” he said. "We're disputing all that."
The shooting prompted calls by the Nation of Islam and Sen. Jamilah Nasheed for Gov. Jay Nixon to appoint a blue ribbon committee to investigate the shooting. They also called for a Justice Department investigation.
Even the militarized police is facepalming at that
tactical-facepalm_56306.jpg

Derec, your position regarding how the hooligans within the African American community seize on these issues to further their own agenda would be more compelling if you weren't exactly showing poor class. An officer was shot at. It seems like the evidence is conclusive that the victim fired at the officer. So, a pretty shit situation, yet you seem gleeful and quirky, posting pics of Al Bundy, and quite content to mock the killed. Maybe you don't realize it, but you are coming across rather poorly.
It's already been dug up.
What, are these already prepackaged prior to killings?

Derec, I am not going to waste a whole lot of finger movement arguing this point with you because it will just get into a personal derail, but you know as well as everyone else here does that you will go out of your way to portray a black male or a woman in the worst possible light ALWAYS... no exceptions. I find that unfortunate because every so often you can make a decent point or a funny joke; and I actually think that deep down you are a decent guy.

End of personal derail.

Derec, your position regarding how the hooligans within the African American community seize on these issues to further their own agenda would be more compelling if you weren't exactly showing poor class.
This is an internet discussion forum, not a formal debate. I think mocking is ok in a setting like this.

An officer was shot at. It seems like the evidence is conclusive that the victim fired at the officer. So, a pretty shit situation, yet you seem gleeful and quirky, posting pics of Al Bundy, and quite content to mock the killed. Maybe you don't realize it, but you are coming across rather poorly.

The Al Bundy thing was in regard to a genuine question about the pose Vonderrit struck in one of the photos. I was wondering if that was a new thing among black youth or if he was just imitating Al Bundy.
I don't think I come across poorly just because I do not subscribe to tenets of political correctness.

What, are these already prepackaged prior to killings?
No, after the shootout but it still wasn't me who went out of my way to dig up that information. It was the journalists doing their jobs for a change.

Derec, I am not going to waste a whole lot of finger movement arguing this point with you because it will just get into a personal derail, but you know as well as everyone else here does that you will go out of your way to portray a black male or a woman in the worst possible light ALWAYS... no exceptions.
Wrong. I think Vonderrit is deserving of light being shone on his past, illuminating bad things that political correctness would rather stay hidden because he is a minority and deserves special protection.

I find that unfortunate because every so often you can make a decent point or a funny joke; and I actually think that deep down you are a decent guy.
Damned with faint praise. :)

By the way, his family is still insisting on Vonderrit being an innocent victim. :rolleyes:
VonDerrit Myers Jr.’s family responds to police version of fatal shooting

Back
Top Bottom