• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Moved Another step towards answering the question of life's origins - religion

To denote the thread has been moved
Huh?

Poking at Learner. We are the result of 'inanimate' chemical reactions.
Sorry - I should have known. Where there is nonsense there are usually godders.

I have certainly derided your god sufficiently to show that either it doesn't intend to smite anyone, or it doesn't dare smite me.

There's another possibility: maybe his aim just really sucks.

Inanimate and animate are subjective terms at best when it comes to debate.
Clarification during a discussion is best, when using either word.

Natural 'inanimate' chemical reactions occur all the time.
So to clarify, do you mean:

Life comes from non-life material 'all the time' through chemical processes?

or

Do you mean life / living organisms produces new life/living organisms all the time, through chemical reactions?

( If life was like the flame of a candle for example, and in order to keep the flame alive. The candle has to light another candle before it burns out, which is continuously repeated in succession keeping the flame ever burning)

Last edited:
Huh?

Poking at Learner. We are the result of 'inanimate' chemical reactions.
Sorry - I should have known. Where there is nonsense there are usually godders.
But don't ignore the nonsense from the non-godders. We are all human after all. 😉

I have certainly derided your god sufficiently to show that either it doesn't intend to smite anyone, or it doesn't dare smite me.

There's another possibility: maybe his aim just really sucks.
I think you maybe referring to Judgement day?
Patience fellas. Who knows it may just suddenly pop up.😶

Creationism, 2 steps forward 10 steps backwards.

Creationism, 2 steps forward 10 steps backwards.
Theist translation:

Creationist looks back taking two steps towards the scriptures of the past, ten steps back in awe while the future rapidly sneaks up behind him. Surprise I've returned sayeth the Lord!

The older I get the more Christianity sounds like a delusional illness.
Forgiveness is no delusion. Kindness is no delusion. Perhaps you have yet to find the kind of Christianity you seek, @steve_bank . I recommend the album "Bible Belt Baby" by the effervescent, Grammy-nominated Flamy Grant.

The song "Esther, Ruth, and Rahab" is particularly important.

I am seeking no form of Christianity or religion.

I also pit no stock in pop music pseudo philosophy and mambo jumbo lyrics any more the Holy Babel.

Forgiveness as practiced by Christians, surely you must be joking.

One of the biggest problems with Christianity is the belief that their alleged basic principles like lke charity and forgiveness are exclusive to Christians, which they are not. Historically Christian forgiveness love, and charity are selective.

I contrast Buddhism at its core is universal empathy for all life. It has a set of clear moral and ethical conduct.Christianity has a bible of disjointed at ties contrfictory pasages that can be interpreted most any way, situtional ethics.

Back
Top Bottom