• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another Swamp Drained

Yeah, it'd be one thing if we were talking a 3.0 multiplier. But we aren't. Those workers aren't getting paid that much. They aren't getting comp'd that much for per diem. The GSA rates for Puerto Rico per diem are $91 a night for hotel and $51 a day for food. $51 is actually higher than I'm used to seeing. And hotels can be a bit more than the GSA rate, but this contract includes a markup of 4x and 2x on hotels and food. So for 200 people, that is roughly $50k a day in profit... just for per diem!

If I bid jobs like that, I'd never get work!

We bid a lot of GSA solicitations. I've never heard of any award like that one. It would be very surprising if there wasn't a slew of protests. I know there are loopholes that can negate any need to respond to protests, and if nobody else wanted to get involved, then it is what it is. We're lucky to get 20% on products sold through GSA unless the product is proprietary.
There is no business like government contract business

"Zinke funneled millions to questionable PACs
The Interior secretary has helped raise money for political operatives that some Republicans accuse of collecting donations from conservative voters while doing little for their cause."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/24/zinke-fundraisers-republican-operatives-244094

How could this not be in the interest of conservative voters??
View attachment 12890

That's gotta be photoshopped.

The real one almost certainly has gold instead of all that chrome...

That's gotta be photoshopped.

The real one almost certainly has gold instead of all that chrome...
Actually that is platinum. The car seats are made from a fabric sewn together from the skin of the former presidents.

Few know this but the engine is actually just a small foreign child turning a crank to make the car go forward.

Back
Top Bottom