• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another unarmed man killed by police

And are you saying that he could not have known that, and that having hands up no longer is a sign to not shoot? That police are justified in shooting people with empty hands in the air because they should not expect to pause long enough to check (even after they have escalated the situation by stupid contradictary non-stop shouting that prevents them from hearing the victim state that they are complying)?
Rhea - you are incorrect about the contradictory shouting. Please review the video again and listen more carefully - the other officer is saying "Yo... stay inside the car!" And how do you know what Days could or could not have known? I'm not making that determination either way.

I cannot watch the video. I am reading the transcripts.

Rhea - you are incorrect about the contradictory shouting. Please review the video again and listen more carefully - the other officer is saying "Yo... stay inside the car!" And how do you know what Days could or could not have known? I'm not making that determination either way.

It is hard to watch. Could you provide a link to the source for those transcripts. Anybody can make a transcript of a video that is readily available.

Last edited:
It is hard to watch. Could you provide a link to the source for those transcripts. Anybody can make a transcript of a video that is readily available.

It's not because it's emotional to watch, it's because I am rural and have no bandwidth.
There were transcripts in the articles linked in this thread.

It's not because it's emotional to watch, it's because I am rural and have no bandwidth.
There were transcripts in the articles linked in this thread.
Here's what the OP "transcript" says:

Tahli Dawkins told the Press of Atlantic City that he watched the officers approaching the car yelling, “Don’t effing move!” and that they opened fire without provocation. Denzel Mosley told KYW-TV that Reid’s hands were “in plain sight,” and that the officers “were telling him, ‘Get out [of] the car,’” then yelling “‘Stop!’ and they started shooting.” Ben Mosley — a retired sheriff’s deputy — said that Reid may have attempted to get back into the car when the officers yelled the contradictory order to “Stop!” but that he did not believe that justified firing upon him. “I saw a disarmed man go down to the ground and get shot,” Mosley said. “That’s exactly what I saw.”
This is a grossly inaccurate statement of what happened. You can only tell that one hand is up before any shots are fired. You see both hands come up as Days opens fire. Note: maybe he should have stopped after the first shot. And Reid never got out of the car to attempt getting back into it. There were also no contradictory orders and Reid was NOT shot after going down. This is a flaming bullshit description of what is captured on the video. Sheesh. :facepalm:

THIS AND SIMILAR ACCOUNTS: NO WONDER SO MANY PEOPLE ARE PISSED OFF!!!Unnecessary

Last edited:
Rhea et al.

Do you think the sort of inflammatory misinformation being spread on this thread (example: OP link) is okay? You know the other side does the same thing on this and other issues (e.g., PotUS, ACA, gun control, climate change) - why expect better from them? I'm neither "side," by the way. It's all meant to stoke the flames of conflict, which must be a hoot for those who like to argue (for the sake of argument) or to distract. I haven't gone out on a limb to say what the police should have been thinking; I've mostly tried to convey the most accurate picture of what happened and where the questions really are...

Rhea et al.

Do you think the sort of inflammatory misinformation being spread on this thread (example: OP link) is okay? You know the other side does the same thing on this and other issues (e.g., PotUS, ACA, gun control, climate change) - why expect better from them? I'm neither "side," by the way. It's all meant to stoke the flames of conflict, which must be a hoot for those who like to argue (for the sake of argument) or to distract. I haven't gone out on a limb to say what the police should have been thinking; I've mostly tried to convey the most accurate picture of what happened and where the questions really are...

I take it you WATCHED THE VIDEO. And you think what went down there is okay? This video was posted by someone who wanted it looked at because there was very disturbing activity in it. You are watching one man killing another man. This killing actually appears to be unjustified. I was on neither side when the video started, but as it proceeded it was clear the cops were getting the compliance they claim they were demanding, but that they were so agitated they confused the "suspects" then shot one of them for being confused. Despite their confusion, I did not see either of these men make an aggressive move and I think the cop is guilty of another wrongful killing.

UPDATE:

Lawsuit: Cop in fatal shooting coerced woman in to sex

A local woman claims a city police officer forced her to repeatedly have sex last year or face a shoplifting charge that could send her to jail, according to a civil lawsuit filed Thursday in federal court in Camden.

The officer is identified as Braheme Days, who was one of two officers who fired shots that killed local man Jerame Reid in December.

lol, just kidding guys! We all know she's just a lying whore.

UPDATE:

A local woman claims a city police officer forced her to repeatedly have sex last year or face a shoplifting charge that could send her to jail, according to a civil lawsuit filed Thursday in federal court in Camden.

The officer is identified as Braheme Days, who was one of two officers who fired shots that killed local man Jerame Reid in December.

I rather suspect she is. Had the suit come before the shooting I would be inclined to believe her but after his name was splashed all over the place??

UPDATE:

I rather suspect she is. Had the suit come before the shooting I would be inclined to believe her...
Why? I don't believe your claim there.
...but after his name was splashed all over the place??
Maybe people would actually believe he'd do something like that after needlessly killing a person? There are a few specific claims she is making that can be verified by authorities.

I rather suspect she is. Had the suit come before the shooting I would be inclined to believe her...
Maybe people would actually believe he'd do something like that after needlessly killing a person? There are a few specific claims she is making that can be verified by authorities.

You're making my point here! He got a bad reputation, she sued. Why didn't she go to internal affairs and trap him?

Yeah, I wonder why this woman didn't go to the police department and report one of the guys they work with?

You're making my point here! He got a bad reputation, she sued. Why didn't she go to internal affairs and trap him?
Why should she trust the police?

Perhaps it's because when she told his superior about the abuse, the Lieutenant did nothing and the abuse got worse:

The Daily Journal said:
In summer 2014, the suit states that Brown made a "verbal complaint to a Lieutenant Slabado (sic) of the Bridgeton Police Department" and that that he promised to investigate.

"However, following Ms. Brown's complaint to Lieutenant Slabado, Officer Days' behavior got progressively worse," the suit states.

Last edited:

Perhaps it's because when she told his superior about the abuse, the Lieutenant did nothing and the abuse got worse:

The Daily Journal said:
In summer 2014, the suit states that Brown made a "verbal complaint to a Lieutenant Slabado (sic) of the Bridgeton Police Department" and that that he promised to investigate.

"However, following Ms. Brown's complaint to Lieutenant Slabado, Officer Days' behavior got progressively worse," the suit states.

Did I say "superior"? I said "internal affairs"!

Did I say "superior"? I said "internal affairs"!

Yes, I know.

You asked "Why didn't she go to internal affairs and trap him?". Perhaps it was because she feared what would happen to her if she did that. She reported the guy to his superior and his behavior got worse. If she ratchets up the reporting he might ratchet up the violence. Even if Internal Affairs can be trusted to keep her report confidential (a very big if), and can somehow guarantee the guy won't seek revenge when he gets kicked off the police force, setting a trap is dangerous and it requires her to put herself at risk of being sexually abused again.

Back
Top Bottom