• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another unarmed man killed by police

It's relevant. There are no guarantees. Under your implied scenario, cops are justified in shooting any (black) person they feel they have a reason to pull over just because.
No, it's just pointing the absurdity of "he had his hands up" as proving that he was harmless and thus the cop was not justified in shooting.

dystopian,

I'll let my previous response to you stand without further edits (except maybe the "stumbling" part, which makes no difference really considering the later "stationary" descriptor). Assertions and torched strawmen mean nothing when there's a record of what I said - which is about what both the police and the suspects were probably thinking that does not contradict the evidence of the video. What you are claiming is truth make no sense unless Reid was out of his mind. Anyone else: Just check out the video for yourselves and ask yourself what really happened and what should have happened.

P.S. You can't count if you think Days fired 9 times. Anyone can verify that for themselves.
P.S.S. Thanks for confirming that Ksen still has really nothing to say. I reckon he's part of the comic relief around here.

Update: Days was among the arresting officers last year when Reid was charged with several crimes, including drug possession and obstruction (Source: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/video-jersey-man-shot-police-raises-questions-28396396). Perhaps Reid was "out of his mind."

Last edited:
Assertions and torched strawmen mean nothing when there's a record of what I said

That word, I don't think it means what you think it means.

P.S. You can't count if you think Days fired 9 times. Anyone can verify that for themselves.

Nine shots are heard. Not six.

P.S.S. Thanks for confirming that Ksen still has really nothing to say. I reckon he's part of the comic relief around here.

I too love me some irony.

Update: Days was among the arresting officers last year when Reid was charged with several crimes, including drug possession and obstruction (Source: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/video-jersey-man-shot-police-raises-questions-28396396). Perhaps Reid was "out of his mind."

Gee, what a surprise; more victim blaming.

I'd draw a comparison about a rape victim perhaps being on xtc or something; but you'd just get upset about the comparison. I wouldn't want you to get uncomfortable about the similarities or anything. :rolleyes:

dystopian, I think you've just joined an elite and growing group of people . . . welcome aboard my friend! :hug:

dystopian, I think you've just joined an elite and growing group of people . . . welcome aboard my friend! :hug:

compassionate-shark-friend-meme-generator-it-s-alright-bro-i-feel-you-02ec63.jpg

gay whitetip reef sharks (Triaenodon obesus)
dystopian actually had the courtesy to discuss the topic... and we did (up to a point). Thanks for that.

You may now continue the cry-fest.

Really? You just *had* to respond... and decided to do so by telling us not that these are white tip reef sharks...but GAY white tip reef sharks?

I'd apply some cold water to that sick burn you just gave me ( :rolleyes: ), but I'm a gay shark floating around in the water so not only is it impossible for me to get burned, but out of the two of us I'm always going to be the fabulous one.

dystopian actually had the courtesy to discuss the topic... and we did (up to a point). Thanks for that.

You may now continue the cry-fest.

Really? You just *had* to respond... and decided to do so by telling us not that these are white tip reef sharks...but GAY white tip reef sharks?

I'd apply some cold water to that sick burn you just gave me ( :rolleyes: ), but I'm a gay shark floating around in the water so not only is it impossible for me to get burned, but out of the two of us I'm always going to be the fabulous one.
:slowclap:

Nonsense. Again, we can see and hear the cop on the left say "get out of the car" at roughly 2:00, Right before the shooting. The cop on the right, in contrast, is yelling "Don't you fucking move!" There's literally nothing that he can do to comply with both of the cops here.

The "get out" is directed at the driver. "Don't move" is directed at the passenger.

What to do is obvious--obey the cop that is closer to you. The other guy is closer to the other cop, figure his instructions are for the other guy.

And how is the passenger supposed to know this, even if it's true? The cop at the driver's side doesn't say "You in the driver's seat, get out of the car!" Instead, he says "Yo! Get out of the car!" And they're both looking at the guy in the passenger seat and pointing their guns at him, so how on earth is he supposed to know who to listen to?

The "get out" is directed at the driver. "Don't move" is directed at the passenger.

What to do is obvious--obey the cop that is closer to you. The other guy is closer to the other cop, figure his instructions are for the other guy.

And how is the passenger supposed to know this, even if it's true? The cop at the driver's side doesn't say "You in the driver's seat, get out of the car!" Instead, he says "Yo! Get out of the car!" And they're both looking at the guy in the passenger seat and pointing their guns at him, so how on earth is he supposed to know who to listen to?
Referencing this video link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys0OzmH_EPg. It's not clear what the driver's side officer is saying shortly before the 6+1 shots are fired. He releases the driver from the wrist hold and focuses on the passenger, and it sounds to me like he's saying "Yo... Stay inside the car!" The passenger was already insistent on getting out before that. Reid may have been responding to the earlier command by Days to "Get him out of the car." Then why did Reid fight to get out of the car when the officer who said that is holding the door and telling him not to? This just doesn't make sense. A toxicology report may reveal something that explains the odd reaction.

Lookit all these apologists for the police just rushing to their defense by making stuff up.

Lookit all these apologists for the police just rushing to their defense by making stuff up.
Maybe you would actually learn something by listening closely to the video instead of being blinded by prejudice. Just tell everyone laughing dog, mumbles, dystopian, etc where on the video does the white officer say "yo, get out of the car" that is not after the shooting. I know where you think it is and what it sounds like he's really saying. You must be hearing only what you want to hear and it's embarassing.

EVERYONE: just check out the video link I posted - close your eyes and focus on the audio... and by all means count the number of shots.

man with empty hands killed by police

nothing more really needs to be said

Isn't it quite amazing! People just seem to want to cling onto the authority of the cops and rely on it. You need to understand that those who defend the cops think the cops are there to defend them and their rights. Those who do not defend the cops have noticed a decided lack of concern for minorities and also people who have less than a certain amount of money and status. That lack of concern may have actually been directed toward them and they know the notion that cops are there to defend them is pure fabrication...just like the cops story in this case.

As long as they imagine the cops may someday help or probably save them, they will support the most outrageous racism the boys in blue can cook up.

Isn't it quite amazing! People just seem to want to cling onto the authority of the cops and rely on it. You need to understand that those who defend the cops think the cops are there to defend them and their rights. Those who do not defend the cops have noticed a decided lack of concern for minorities and also people who have less than a certain amount of money and status. That lack of concern may have actually been directed toward them and they know the notion that cops are there to defend them is pure fabrication...just like the cops story in this case.

As long as they imagine the cops may someday help or probably save them, they will support the most outrageous racism the boys in blue can cook up.
Nice blanket statement against all cops and anyone who defends them during initially questionable circumstances. This is truly amazing! Instead of actually listening carefully to the evidence - you'd rather trot out this manifesto of prejudice. It says more about you than the case arkirk.

Last edited:
Nonsense. Again, we can see and hear the cop on the left say "get out of the car" at roughly 2:00, Right before the shooting. The cop on the right, in contrast, is yelling "Don't you fucking move!" There's literally nothing that he can do to comply with both of the cops here.

You are like the Colbert of this place,right?

You are like the Colbert of this place,right?
You don't even have to go there. Referencing this video link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys0OzmH_EPg. It's not clear what the driver's side officer is saying shortly before the 6+1 shots are fired. He releases the driver from the wrist hold and focuses on the passenger, and it sounds to me like he's saying "Yo... Stay inside the car!" The passenger was already insistent on getting out before that. Reid may have been responding to the earlier command by Days to "Get him out of the car." Then why did Reid fight to get out of the car when the officer who said that is holding the door and telling him not to? This just doesn't make sense. A toxicology report may reveal something that explains the odd reaction.

Back
Top Bottom