• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Anti-CRT Hysteria

I have to ask these questions, because "CRT" and "Critical Race Theory" do not appear anywhere in the text of HB7.
Oh look! A disingenuous argument!
That is libel. You do not have a reason to believe that. You have trumped up a false damaging accusation with reckless disregard for the truth. You and the four people who "Liked" your post should all be ashamed of yourselves. Learn to conduct yourselves better, and learn to think better.
I explained my reasoning very clearly. You're just butt hurt that someone called you out on your "but the law doesn't say those exact words" bullshit.

The entire right wing is behind the bullshit platform of banning the teaching of Critical Race Theory in elementary schools. They rail about it on angry cable news shows, scream about it at school board meetings, use it as a talking point in debates, and fill their speeches with "OMG CRT" talk on the regular.

Denying this is simple dishonesty. The GOP is trying to codify a whitewashed version of history where the slave trade was just a bargain labor program, the wiping out of indigenous people was "exploration" of "uninhabited" lands, we welcomed Asians with open arms and totally didn't fuck them over, and that racism ended with a single speech by noted Republican Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

It so silly this attempted gaslighting on CRT. CRT, as its creators freely admit, is looking at everything, everything, through a racial lense. That has no place in the public classroom.

Hey, look! Another example.

You read through the OH legislation and, boy... it is shocking that the GOP didn't pass these bills in the 1960s. Passed 60 years later... reads like an racist anti-racist bill. This is the text of most concern, it speaks to what is forbidden in class with 1-7 really being the same thing repeated over and over again:
(7) An individual should feel discomfort, guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress on account of the individual's race or sex;
That guilt bullshit again.
Hang on. Are you saying that children should be taught to feel guilt and anguish because of their race or sex?
What part of bullshit isn’t coming across for you?

I have to ask these questions, because "CRT" and "Critical Race Theory" do not appear anywhere in the text of HB7.
That is libel. You do not have a reason to believe that. You have trumped up a false damaging accusation with reckless disregard for the truth. You and the four people who "Liked" your post should all be ashamed of yourselves. Learn to conduct yourselves better, and learn to think better.
I explained my reasoning very clearly. You're just butt hurt that someone called you out on your "but the law doesn't say those exact words" bullshit.

The entire right wing is behind the bullshit platform of banning the teaching of Critical Race Theory in elementary schools. They rail about it on angry cable news shows, scream about it at school board meetings, use it as a talking point in debates, and fill their speeches with "OMG CRT" talk on the regular.

Denying this is simple dishonesty. The GOP is trying to codify a whitewashed version of history where the slave trade was just a bargain labor program, the wiping out of indigenous people was "exploration" of "uninhabited" lands, we welcomed Asians with open arms and totally didn't fuck them over, and that racism ended with a single speech by noted Republican Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

It so silly this attempted gaslighting on CRT. CRT, as its creators freely admit, is looking at everything, everything, through a racial lense. That has no place in the public classroom.

Why would looking through a racial lens have no place in any classroom? That would prohibit discussions of racism for example.

No it wouldn't. But at least you acknowledge what CRT is. When all you have is a hammer . . .

So Das Boot and All Quite on the Western Front need to be banned for being through the German lens?

Why would looking through a racial lens have no place in any classroom? That would prohibit discussions of racism for example.

No it wouldn't. But at least you acknowledge what CRT is. When all you have is a hammer . . .

So Das Boot and All Quite on the Western Front need to be banned for being through the German lens?

Silly Jimmy...German is not a race! German is the Master Race...

Kidding aside, isn't it funny to see the back and forth? Bomb says "this isn't about CRT! Nobody mentioned CRT!"

Meanwhile Oleg is all "CRT bad! We must stop the CRT!"

You read through the OH legislation and, boy... it is shocking that the GOP didn't pass these bills in the 1960s. Passed 60 years later... reads like an racist anti-racist bill. This is the text of most concern, it speaks to what is forbidden in class with 1-7 really being the same thing repeated over and over again:
(7) An individual should feel discomfort, guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress on account of the individual's race or sex;
Hang on. Are you saying that children should be taught to feel guilt and anguish because of their race or sex?
We're saying that "being made to feel" is such a nebulous standard that someone can in bad faith claim any mention of the history and continuing legacy of racism pushes towards that end.

We are saying "fuck your feelings, we're going to teach what happened, and how 'what is' is a legacy of 'what was', and if that makes you feel uncomfortable, GOOD! The natural human reaction to such disgusting evils is revulsion, and if someone secretly harbors those feelings, GUILT."

Bomb says "this isn't about CRT! Nobody mentioned CRT!"
Ford, when you wrote that sentence, did you sincerely believe it was true? Did you compose those words first, and afterwards add the quotation marks and the "Bomb says", and somehow, in the few seconds in between, forget that you'd just composed those words? Or did you write "Bomb says" first, and then write a quotation mark, and then compose the words you intended to attribute to me, and then write a closing quotation mark?

When you accuse somebody of dishonesty, finding that to justify your claim you need to put words in his mouth should be a red flag to you that your brain has malfunctioned. Your behavior is an object lesson in the Dunning–Kruger effect.

I explained my reasoning very clearly.
No, you explained your brain activity very clearly. What you wrote was not reasoning. What you wrote was prejudice. None of it was about my post. It was all about your objections to what other people said. You might as well have called Jimmy a thief, and explained you saw five other guys stealing and Jimmy reminds you of them.

The entire right wing is behind the bull<snip>
You want to accuse the entire right wing of dishonesty, talk about what they say. You want to accuse me of dishonesty, talk about what I say. See how it works?

Sorry if you were serious but this has to be one of the most hilarious posts I've ever seen from you. Hats off to you.
Can it. We only went down this rathole in the first place because you refused to give a straight answer to a simple question. What do you think the mechanism is by which the laws you're talking about affect everyone?

Sorry if you were serious but this has to be one of the most hilarious posts I've ever seen from you. Hats off to you.
Can it. We only went down this rathole in the first place because you refused to give a straight answer to a simple question. What do you think the mechanism is by which the laws you're talking about affect everyone?

Lying to everyone by confirming their fears of something that does not exist.

Ford, when you wrote that sentence, did you sincerely believe it was true? Did you compose those words first, and afterwards add the quotation marks and the "Bomb says", and somehow, in the few seconds in between, forget that you'd just composed those words? Or did you write "Bomb says" first, and then write a quotation mark, and then compose the words you intended to attribute to me, and then write a closing quotation mark?

When you accuse somebody of dishonesty, finding that to justify your claim you need to put words in his mouth should be a red flag to you that your brain has malfunctioned. Your behavior is an object lesson in the Dunning–Kruger effect.
He wasn't accusing you of dishonesty. Just noting that you are arguing the hopelessly naïve (at best) side of this, while Oleg has gone full CRT.

Hang on, Are you saying that schools were teaching that children should be taught to feel guilt and anguish because of their race or sex? Can you provide the curriculum name and text books these instructions appeared in?

Thanks,

What do you think the mechanism is by which the laws you're talking about affect everyone?
How do the laws lie to everyone? Do you mean the thing they confirm everyone's fears of is a thing the legislators who enacted the laws believe not to exist?

What do you think the mechanism is by which the laws you're talking about affect everyone?
How do the laws lie to everyone? Do you mean the thing they confirm everyone's fears of is a thing the legislators who enacted the laws believe not to exist?

I think you should seek help. I said how in the post you replied to....

He wasn't accusing you of dishonesty. Just noting that you are arguing the hopelessly naïve (at best) side of this, while Oleg has gone full CRT.
I think you meant “obtuse”, but naive is shorter.

I wonder what the next make believe event will be to generate the demand for new laws.

New Florida Statute: Feeding alligators that did not originate from earth is illegal.

If you think alien conspiracy theorists lose their shit now...

I wonder what the next make believe event will be to generate the demand for new laws.
Don't we all?
One of the greatest things about make-believe events is that the possibilities are literally endless, so it's impossible to see them coming.

Don't we all?
One of the greatest things about make-believe events is that the possibilities are literally endless, so it's impossible to see them coming.

I'd call for DeSantis to put as much effort into real issues as he does on make believe ones but I don't think he'd do any better.

I think you should seek help. I said how in the post you replied to....
Are you under the impression that "lie" is a word that means "say something Gospel doesn't believe"? In order for someone to be lying it isn't enough that he say something you don't believe; he has to say something he doesn't believe. Christian parents confirm their children's fears of something that doesn't exist every time they say God sees everything and punishes people for being bad or not believing in Him. Do you think that means Christian parents are all liars?

I think you meant “obtuse”, but naive is shorter.
Hey guys, thanks for making me go look up the word -- learn something new every day!

"SYNONYMS FOR disingenuous
naive
obtuse
..."​

[/sarcasm]

Hey guys, thanks for making me go look up the word -- learn something new every day!

"SYNONYMS FOR disingenuous
naive​
obtuse​
..."​

[/sarcasm]

I'm just curious how you found this. Nobody mentioned "disingenuous," did they?

When I Google "site:thesaurus.com naive obtuse" the top hits are

53 Synonyms & Antonyms for NAIVE - Thesaurus.com
28 Synonyms & Antonyms for DUMB - Thesaurus.com
50 Synonyms & Antonyms for OBLIVIOUS - Thesaurus.com
13 Synonyms & Antonyms for BRAINLESS - Thesaurus.com
synonyms for unknowledgeable - Thesaurus.com
75 Synonyms & Antonyms for SAVVY - Thesaurus.com
49 Synonyms & Antonyms for DENSE - Thesaurus.com
53 Synonyms & Antonyms for IGNORANT - Thesaurus.com
33 Synonyms & Antonyms for GULLIBLE - Thesaurus.com
70 Synonyms & Antonyms for SHREWD - Thesaurus.com

Back