• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Anybody watch the Grammys

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
I guess I am just getting too old for this shit. Very few highlights in this show but I thought Lady Ga Ga and Metallica performance was pretty good, a nice change of pace from the turgid shite that was on offer. Adele's George Michael tribute was pretty shit too. Beyonce is an insufferable hack. Rock and Roll is dead.

Haven't watched it in years. I guess I got to where you are a long time ago.

Beyonce-Dress-2017-Grammys.jpg

I heard it was scandalous. So many people's pick for who should be nominated, didn't win. Just like the last 40 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grammys. Ugh. Even when the rock culture was producing classic sounds -- when every year saw new work by Janis or The Band or Van Morrison or Hendrix -- the Grammy went to the Fifth Dimension or Helen Reddy. Whatever film buffs say about the Oscars being meaningless applies x infinity to the friggin Grammys.

I guess I am just getting too old for this shit. Very few highlights in this show but I thought Lady Ga Ga and Metallica performance was pretty good, a nice change of pace from the turgid shite that was on offer. Adele's George Michael tribute was pretty shit too. Beyonce is an insufferable hack. Rock and Roll is dead.

I saw the best rock song award but didn't see one rock song in the nominees.

Grammys. Ugh. Even when the rock culture was producing classic sounds -- when every year saw new work by Janis or The Band or Van Morrison or Hendrix -- the Grammy went to the Fifth Dimension or Helen Reddy. Whatever film buffs say about the Oscars being meaningless applies x infinity to the friggin Grammys.

Yeah. It's always been a pop music thing as far as I'm concerned. As a matter of fact, I'm pissed that they had the gall to give multiple awards to David Bowie after he's dead and can't defend himself.

Yeah. It's always been a pop music thing as far as I'm concerned. As a matter of fact, I'm pissed that they had the gall to give multiple awards to David Bowie after he's dead and can't defend himself.
Yeah, that seemed quite unnecessary. One would have been enough. Though I will say, Muse winning a Grammy seemed unlikely.

There is some black opposition to the Grammys at the moment. Clearly they aren't prog rock fans, because otherwise, they'd know what true snubbing was.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah. If you really want a laugh, get a list of Best New Artist winners from the last 30 years of Grammys.
Didn't Jethro Tull win that? ;)

The Grammys only found their way into my world this year because of this guy, who is showing how Grammys attendees should have been dressing all along, and would have been a show I'd probably watch. Now that I think of it, encouraging Grammys attendees to make up their own characters and cosplay them for the awards might be a great way to channel all that peacocking and such, and inspiration for fan fiction maybe. Anyway, the Grammys would be way more fun to watch at the very least.

grammys-gnarly-davidson-today-170212-03_d9f885f030d882f6e56e002bab62c50d.today-inline-large.jpg

generally too true

Yeah. It's always been a pop music thing as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, at least the Oscar's pay some attention to quality, independent of box office. In fact, nominees and winners are rarely are among the most popular films.

As a matter of fact, I'm pissed that they had the gall to give multiple awards to David Bowie after he's dead and can't defend himself.

That wasn't as bad as that insultingly hollow montage "tribute" that Ga Ga did last year, which showed that she thinks Bowie was a shallow as she is and cared more about his costume changes than his music. Bowie's former drummer told her to "fuck off" when asked to participate in it, and Bowie's brother thought little of it too.

Her awful Superbowl show only reinforced that she is all about appearances and a manufactured persona, with zero substance.

Adele isn't my cup of tea and she only wins due to mainstream popularity, but I respect her for being heartfelt and sincere.

Back
Top Bottom